FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 5.2 DPS Attunements and new Simulated DPS

Oh Zagam this makes me so happy. I've been cranky playing affliction, I love demonology SO much more. Here's hoping it's true, that I'll really be able to do as well.

Honestly, it felt too OP to see all those buffs. Shadowflame wouldn't really contribute much to single target, but a 15% buff to Shadowflame would be a lot. I was doing 500k+ on trash. Anyways, for analysis sake, here are my logs of first half of MSV and HoF in LFR. I'm going to try to get into some other crap tonight, so I'll keep things update. Long story short...Demo is really fun and isn't that bad. Stat reforging is still Haste = Mastery because Crit scaling is garbage and none of my gear has it.

http://www.worldoflo...38wnu394puyr3a/

How did Service feel for you? How did you use it? Did you pop it along with Imp Swarm every other Dark Soul CD or did you do something different?

Also, Blizz has already admitted that some of the balance passes they made for damage tweaks were a bit much (largely DK), but we weren't on that list so..... woo?!

I have no doubt you could have done much better than you did, demonology isn't a spec that you just fit right back into. It's really sensitive to playstyle. I'm getting pretty excited, don't nerf me bro!

It's funny though. I started out raiding as demonology and I felt like I had a really good grasp on it. I thought *affliction* was the pain in the ass spec to play, but it's really pretty straight forward. "Derp derp, make sure you make storng dots last long." Now, looking again towards demonology I'm remembering all the little quirks and things that I never really ironed out on my first time through. It'll be a challenge to really show this spec off I think.

Edited by Omaric

Affliction scales WAY better than the other two specs so i think it's going to be the top spec even after the patch hits.

Keep in mind that not only did Demonology and Destruction get base damage increases to their commonly used spells, but they also received increased spell power scaling to them as well. So, that may skew how you feel.

Posted ImageWarlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Talents

• Grimoire of Sacrifice (Affliction) You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the power of many of your single target spells by 45% 35% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 5 sec.
  • Grimoire of Sacrifice (Destruction) You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the power of many of your single target spells by 20% 15% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 5 sec.
Affliction is done. With no other nerfs baseline, I think that Affliction will continue to be nerfed until it's well below Demonology. Destruction's extra hit on Grim of Sac goes right back to GC's response that he does NOT want Destruction taking Grimoire of Sacrifice. Get used to that Observer if you guys like playing Destruction.

Holy Hannah! Apparently they don't want Affliction using it either. XD

I think a lot of people disregard the health regen that GoS packs as well.

Edited by Omaric

It upsets me the most that they're nerfing it for Destruction as Destruction has always been that "Mage" spec... so Pet saccin' fit with the motif to me. But I also know that Chaos Bolt in PvP was silly and GoSac was a big contributer.

My hopes is that once tests are run we'll see that GoSac is no longer leaps above the other two options, but at least a viable option for Destruction (and maybe Afflic). The idea for talents in MoP is to try and make all 3 options roughly equal and interesting to pick between. If all the Grimoire's can come close to each other in DPS gains, I'd be ok with it. Right now the issue is that other than Demo, you're horribly penalized for NOT picking GoSac.

Now if only they'd work on making all 3 of our 90 talents interesting and equal... currently Kiljaeden is the only viable raiding option and with the buff to it in 5.2, even more so.

With those nerfs i just quit Affliction, they nerfed Sacrifice until Oblivion and playing with a demon with Affliction just sucks.

Damn blizzard, why nerfed Sacrifice so hard? Even Service will be better than this piece of shit.

For Destro is worse, will screw the burst on PVP while some classes get some buffs like DK and Mage, OMFG WHY?!

Damn, why som much hate on Warlocks.

Edited by JvChequer

They've mentioned it before that they wanted GoSac to be the minority pick as far as grimoires go. It was meant for people that absolutely, 100% couldn't stand using a pet and were willing to take a slight damage loss. I don't mind having a pet and tbh its something I missed from my old raiding days.

I'm fine with them nerfing GoSac but I wish they would do something to increase afflictions pet or something so that we don't fall even further down the dps rankings.

With those nerfs i just quit Affliction, they nerfed Sacrifice until Oblivion and playing with a demon with Affliction just sucks.

Damn blizzard, why nerfed Sacrifice so hard? Even Service will be better than this piece of shit.

For Destro is worse, will screw the burst on PVP while some classes get some buffs like DK and Mage, OMFG WHY?!

Damn, why som much hate on Warlocks.

Calm down nerd! (that's an inside joke in our guild)

GoS with Affliction was OP; it had to be nerfed.

Destruction is getting a straight buff in this patch...just quit using Grim of Sac. Use Grim of Supremacy, load up on Haste, and use the Observer. You'll see a rather large DPS buff. Live, Grim of Sup + Observer was 200 DPS behind Sacrifice...so now all you'll see is a transition back to a pet with a flat out 20% buff to Conflag and Immolate with a 10% Incinerate buff. For Destruction, it's an overall rather large buff...just don't use Sacrifice.

Demonology hasn't made it live yet, but the buffs are huge and substantial. If everything goes live, you'll see Demonology brought up to live, pre-nerf Affliction numbers.

For Affliction, Sacrifice was leaps and bounds better than any other Grimoire. With the nerfs to Sac, you'll just use a pet. This will change the stat weights for Affliction and this will definitely affect the scaling from gear.

All 3 specs will scale tremendously with gear. All we can do is wait and see...all they are doing now is taking down what is an overpowered talent. Be glad they didn't take KJC away because that is overpowered as well.

• Like 1

Summarized patch notes up on first post of this thread.

Will you put up a guide and tips for Demo Locks for the upcoming 5.2 patch then?

Wow a bigger nerf to GoSac affliction.

5% was really plenty, demo is such an ugly spec, well at least that's what I could tell from playing it for the first time since I started WoW in black temple patch!

Edited by Jonnyb

There will be extensive Demo work done soon...let it be known, this is Zag's spec. I love being a Demonology Warlock.

Took me way longer than it should have to figure out how to get my Glyph of Felguard to work properly. Posted Image

Now that I've sorted that out I'm ready to start learning how to play Demo again.

There will be extensive Demo work done soon...let it be known, this is Zag's spec. I love being a Demonology Warlock.

Me too, Demonology is the spec from my heart, but I kinda sad with the Affliction situation, been afli and use demo its pretty much a pain.

I hope in 5.2 there's no fight which screw up the demons like alysrazor, since sacrifice is useless to all specs right now.

I just switched my OS to demo, did some minor reforging, and ran a quick lfr expecting to be underwhelmed with the playstyle and damage compared to affliction....I was wrong. Not only is demo a really fun and interesting spec, the damage I was putting out was surprising. I only hung around for the protectors fight in ToES, but during that fight I managed to be top dps and overall damage, even with several mistakes in the rotation since it isn't second nature yet. I was bummed when I saw the Sac nerf, but now it's all good since I know what my new main spec will be. I look forward to demo getting the Zag treatment like affliction did.

New changes posted on first post. Conflag and Immolate reverted from 20% buff to 15% buff. Haunt now increases damage done during duration by 30% instead of 25%. These are final tunings...I anticipate the patch going live next week.

Grimoire of Sacrifice Affliction and Demonology now share a tooltip, with Affliction sacrifice increasing the power of many of your single target spells by 30%, down from 35%.

Really, I can even put in English what I feel about Blizzard and GC without been banned forever.

Really, I'm really disappointed, would be better if they just lock this useless talent.

Just because it's nerfed doesn't make it useless. The amount if crying over GoSac is ridiculous.

IT's not a single nerf, was nerfed by 40%

And yes, a nerf that huge make Gosac Useless besides for fights like Alysrazor.