FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 5.2 DPS Attunements and new Simulated DPS

IT's not a single nerf, was nerfed by 40%

And yes, a nerf that huge make Gosac Useless besides for fights like Alysrazor.

This was "balanced" by a 5% buff to increased damage while Haunt is up, which interestingly effects ALL of your damage, not just GoSac 3 buffed spells. This is going to make Haunt up time even more imparative to the point where Nightfall procs need to be buffed to like 10%.

Edited by Kaboozey

There are no fights in Throne of Thunder where pet pathing is difficult like Alysrazor and Al'Akir. If you look at some of the top parses, you'll see Affliction and Arcane ahead of everyone else...and I'm not talking about average values. These are the best 100 of each spec...and Affliction and Arcane were WAY TOO FAR ahead of everyone else...anyone not anticipating drastic nerfs for Affliction wasn't paying attention too well. It wasn't right that a pure DPS class had one spec that was the best for every single fight regardless of encounter mechanics. Turns out two classes had that...Mages and Warlocks with Arcane and Affliction, respectively.

There are no fights in Throne of Thunder where pet pathing is difficult like Alysrazor and Al'Akir. If you look at some of the top parses, you'll see Affliction and Arcane ahead of everyone else...and I'm not talking about average values. These are the best 100 of each spec...and Affliction and Arcane were WAY TOO FAR ahead of everyone else...anyone not anticipating drastic nerfs for Affliction wasn't paying attention too well. It wasn't right that a pure DPS class had one spec that was the best for every single fight regardless of encounter mechanics. Turns out two classes had that...Mages and Warlocks with Arcane and Affliction, respectively.

Exactly, Zag. GoSac nerf is just bringing it down on par with your other two options, not making it useless. Granted it's likely going to be a DPS loss compared to Supremacy, but as long as that loss is only a couple % I don't see the problem if it's a play style you enjoy. If you aren't in a guild competing for world or realm firsts, there is no need to minmax to that degree.

Also I just got my 4pc last night and I swapped to Supremacy to do some testing (I'm Demo). I was thinking that the 4pc breaking up my CDs and not lining up with Service would mean Supremacy might be a smarter choice.... I'm not sure I was right. Will need to respect back to Servitude and do some more testing.

Wouldn't worry about it too much since the tier is ending. Once all CDs go back to 2 mins, I think Service will be viable again. Service is great for burst AoE, and looking at a majority of these new fights, I see lots of opportunities for that sort of throughput.

Simcraft not working...some items weren't loaded into the profile. That's all I'm waiting for and have been waiting for. Should be a simple fix. Looks like helms and trinkets. Submitting bug now.

Looked like sacrificed dropped to 30% now. Can't see how this talent will be used anymore.

You guys are focusing way too much on the difference between the GoSac % and not on actual DPS and your relation to other talents/specs/classes....

You guys are focusing way too much on the difference between the GoSac % and not on actual DPS and your relation to other talents/specs/classes....

Agree. Just statement really. I'm just curious as to how it will work now.

i'm still quite confused about demonology rotation and I've found so many different variations on the opener and how/when you use cds and if imp swarm is actually a dps loss etc that it leaves me feeling that i'm doing something wrong. There was a couple of things i was wondering if someone could clean up.

1. with demonic fury when i get up to 800-900 am i suppose to sit on it until i get procs/synapse springs/DS and how do i determine when best to start burning the fury like if i know wep/trink procs are up but DS isnt and i use most of my fury is that a dps loss?

2. if i get good proc line ups when i have 400ish demonic fury is it worth going in and using ToC if im gonna run out of fury or not?

3. if i know execute phase is coming up should i keep my demonic fury and cds for execute phase or uise my burn phase then use the soulfire after?

Edited by Cthuulhu

1 & 2) Use Meta when you have procs unless you're below 500 DF and DS is about to come off CD.

3) don't ever cap DF. Execute phase is not that much different for Demo (Spam Soulfire instead of Shadowbolt) so just act like you do in all other parts of the fight.

1 & 2) Use Meta when you have procs unless you're below 500 DF and DS is about to come off CD.

3) don't ever cap DF. Execute phase is not that much different for Demo (Spam Soulfire instead of Shadowbolt) so just act like you do in all other parts of the fight.

Expect a lot of 5.2 Demo questions Zag, lmao. Like for instance...

1) Will Demo stat weights change?

2) How's that guide coming a long and what will be included in it?

Expect a lot of 5.2 Demo questions Zag, lmao.

Ya we're definitely going to need a place to consolidate these questions haha.

I make a post asking a question and find that it's semi-been asked/answered in a different thread.

Going to need to update/revamp/bring back to life the Tips n Tricks stickies! Posted Image

I'm working with Simcraft authors. Their numbers are off in some places...working on figuring out when those things are loaded correctly so I can do my own analysis. Guide will be ASAP.

I'm working with Simcraft authors. Their numbers are off in some places...working on figuring out when those things are loaded correctly so I can do my own analysis. Guide will be ASAP.

Neat! I plan on respeccing Demo myself come 5.2!

does my eyes betwix me!! Zag did u say a demo guide will be put out asap for 5.2 and that by the looks of it demo will be viable again ohh this does gives me a rise in the naughty place....lol

All kidding aside it'll be nice to see what 5.2 brings us after it goes live and how aff/demo battling each other for top lock dps will be fun as i HATE having to be aff if i wanna have a chance at chart topping ,and i love to solo old raids/heoics which is really nice in my demo spec and my 2pc t5 gear,so i'll be able to roll dual demo specs for raiding and extreme soloing

HEROIC TSULONG DOWN! Holy jesus that fight sucks balls. Destro ftw on that one.

Another thing for people playing Demo. If you end a fight with a lot of DF... you did something wrong. You should be at near zero as possible. Even though we commonly say not to Soulfire during Meta, I actually alternate Meta + Soulfire during execute and found it helps a bit. Basically I weave Meta Soulfire's in while I watch the bosses health to try to keep my DF going up and down as much as possible... The idea is to end at 0 DF, but in a Meta Phase that is pure ToC spam. I don't want to be building DF in those last few moments, so if I need to dump DF early via Soulfire to build one final Meta burn phase, I do so.

There's no hard fast rule, as with most of Demonology's playstyle you have to feel it out. But I have found that using Soul Fire to dump DF (even if just one or two per Meta during execute phase) can increase my DPS a bit. I'm HOPING that the buffs to Soul Fire may make it more attractive to cast in Meta come 5.2.

Sacrifice is still the best talent for affliction. Sacrifice is still the best talent for destruction. It may be the worst single target for destruction, but I've yet to see a "single target" fight in t15. Sacrifice was op in cleave, they nerfed it accordingly in their minds, do I think it was the best way to go about the nerf? No.

Grimoire of sacrifice WAS NOT AHEAD single target for destruction. It was the best talent, yes, but it was ahead by less than 1/2 of 1/2 of 1%. Ghostcrawlers logic behind why everyone used it as destruction is simply wrong. I don't honestly give two shakes of a rats #@! if its worse, I'm still using it, and I'll still kill every heroic boss with it. PETS SUCK. They always have, they always will.

Edited by gahddo