Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Speedfarming Barbarian Furious Charge

15 posts in this topic

Tried this out today.  Am I doing something horribly wrong?  My character is extremely fragile.  On my second T10 rift, I got one- or two-shotted by elites so many times my equipment broke, and I was only half way through the rift.  Granted, I'm not very good at playing this build yet.  And the equipment on my follower sucks so he's not healing me much yet.  But still...

I did make sure I have the Together as One rune selected.  I'm running rubies instead of diamonds, which I can change.  But the way you make it sound, nothing in a T10 rift is a serious threat, and I'm dying *constantly*.  Sometimes I die so fast I don't even know what hit me. huh.png

Tried this out today.  Am I doing something horribly wrong?  My character is extremely fragile.  On my second T10 rift, I got one- or two-shotted by elites so many times my equipment broke, and I was only half way through the rift.  Granted, I'm not very good at playing this build yet.  And the equipment on my follower sucks so he's not healing me much yet.  But still...

I did make sure I have the Together as One rune selected.  I'm running rubies instead of diamonds, which I can change.  But the way you make it sound, nothing in a T10 rift is a serious threat, and I'm dying *constantly*.  Sometimes I die so fast I don't even know what hit me. huh.png

It might be a lack of proper gear, the guide does assume you have farmed the character out. You can definitely swap jewelry and gems around a bit for more toughness, try Band of Might and a few Diamonds in the armor sockets.

I don't understand why f/r is the rings to choose. We only proc half of the f/r combo, so why not Coe and band of night as the best choice? It seems blatantly obvious as the best setup.

I don't understand why f/r is the rings to choose. We only proc half of the f/r combo, so why not Coe and band of night as the best choice? It seems blatantly obvious as the best setup.

Furious Charge and Ancient Spear fulfill the generator and spender requirements for Focus and Restraint, so you're getting the whole proc.

Furious Charge and Ancient Spear fulfill the generator and spender requirements for Focus and Restraint, so you're getting the whole proc.

Quite correct. To add to that, Band of Might is considered too safe of an option in high end Softcore leaderboard pushes, where people prefer glass cannon and fishing for optimal rifts. I can only recommend Band of Might in hardcore, or if you are not trying for competitive ladder.

I think BoW is overkill for TX. The build doesn't have any problems dealing damage, it's getting one-shotted by a bad affix. Swapping out the rings for a Band of Might and Avarice Band have actually improved my average clear time, even though I was only dying once every third rift or so. I don't have to be anywhere near as careful about placement and I don't have to loop around to pick up gold to fuel my speed procs.

Edited by Dallium

I think BoW is overkill for TX. The build doesn't have any problems dealing damage, it's getting one-shotted by a bad affix. Swapping out the rings for a Band of Might and Avarice Band have actually increased my average clear time, even though I was only dying once every third rift or so. I don't have to be anywhere near as careful about placement and I don't have to loop around to pick up gold to fuel my speed procs.

Sorry, what's "BoW"?  And did you mean changing the rings improved your average clear time, rather than "increased" it?

Quite correct. To add to that, Band of Might is considered too safe of an option in high end Softcore leaderboard pushes, where people prefer glass cannon and fishing for optimal rifts. I can only recommend Band of Might in hardcore, or if you are not trying for competitive ladder.

But this is the T10 Speedfarming build... cool.png

I also found myself dying very frequently and was pretty frustrated and unimpressed with the build, at least for us old, slow-witted players who may not have millisecond-scale reflexes, or sometimes even second-scale.

As suggested in this thread, I swapped out my Focus/Restraint for Ring of Might and Unity, and found I had become completely invincible and wasn't killing stuff perceptibly slower. I didn't miss the damage at all. After that, the build seems sweet and I appreciate it.

I think BoW is overkill for TX. The build doesn't have any problems dealing damage, it's getting one-shotted by a bad affix. Swapping out the rings for a Band of Might and Avarice Band have actually increased my average clear time, even though I was only dying once every third rift or so. I don't have to be anywhere near as careful about placement and I don't have to loop around to pick up gold (or progress orbs!) to fuel my speed procs.

Sorry, what's "BoW"?  And did you mean changing the rings improved your average clear time, rather than "increased" it?

Bastions of Will, and thanks, I edited it.

I think BoW is overkill for TX. The build doesn't have any problems dealing damage, it's getting one-shotted by a bad affix. Swapping out the rings for a Band of Might and Avarice Band have actually increased my average clear time, even though I was only dying once every third rift or so. I don't have to be anywhere near as careful about placement and I don't have to loop around to pick up gold (or progress orbs!) to fuel my speed procs.

Bastions of Will, and thanks, I edited it.

Ah, right.  I knew BoW was familiar, but I get so used to saying F&R that I forgot the real name.  Thanks.  When I get back around to playing with this build, I'm going to try this.

Since Boon of the hoarder is useless in a Greater Rift, what would be the best alternative gem to use?

Taeguk ?

For people having issues with fragility, having mostly ancient gear made a HUGE difference.  Currently progressing through mid 50's GRifts without the GRift mod because I'm too lazy to swap gems between rift types.  Plus, also helps if you have target ADD.  This is not a tanker, don't stand there and spank at things and expect to be ok.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0