FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Guest Yünalescä

Yeah you are awesome !

Thank you for this strat,

Any idea when more boss will be available ?

Yeah you are awesome !

Thank you for this strat,

Any idea when more boss will be available ?

Sure, we're going to be releasing the written guides for all the bosses (or at the very least most of them) over the next week. We'll finish up anything that's left in the days following the launch.

Guest Nina

How hard does Jin'rokh melee for? If Static Wound works the way I'm understanding, then it's probably best for the raid as a whole if the active tank uses minimal physical damage reduction cooldowns and saves mitigation cooldowns for after they've gotten the debuff and been taunted off. Looks like this will be another fight where Disc will be godly. The tooltip reads that Static Wound damage diminishes over time - do stacks slowly fall off or does it do less damage per stack?

Guest Hil

Really good quality video aswel, you guys gonna continue to make these video guides throughout 5.2 aswel? Gave me a much better view of a fight than the average fatboss guide :)

How hard does Jin'rokh melee for? If Static Wound works the way I'm understanding, then it's probably best for the raid as a whole if the active tank uses minimal physical damage reduction cooldowns and saves mitigation cooldowns for after they've gotten the debuff and been taunted off. Looks like this will be another fight where Disc will be godly. The tooltip reads that Static Wound damage diminishes over time - do stacks slowly fall off or does it do less damage per stack?

It's my understanding that Static Wound only deals damage to the tank (and the raid) when the tank with the debuff gets meleed.

Really good quality video aswel, you guys gonna continue to make these video guides throughout 5.2 aswel? Gave me a much better view of a fight than the average fatboss guide Posted Image

Thank you. We're going to release video guides for all the bosses using footage from live servers (so after, 5.2 is released). After that, we're probably going to release Heroic guides for them in video format, once we get to do those as well.

From my limited testing period melee have to do absolutely nothing except going in and getting out of the pools at the appropriate time. Edited by Tehstool

Guest Mico

I would like to say 2 things.

-Heroism should be used at 1st conductive water imo. You said we shouldn't use cds at pull so everyone will have their cds at first conductive water. At 3rd or final conductive water it is less likely.

-When boss creates focused lighting he turns in the direction of player who will be targeted by that spell. 1 second after he turns in that direction he will slam the ground and create focused lighting. Just like Wind Lord, 4th boss in HoF when he is throwing boomerang. He first turns and 1 sec after he throws the boomerang and players have enough time to move out. Same for Jin'rokh. If players are not placed in cone they will know who is targeted by focused lighting before boss casts the spell. They have 1-2 secs to run to safe location before the spell appears. Other players (especially melee) should move aswell if boss is turned close to their direction since focused lighing pulse damage every 0.5 secs to nearby enemies while reaching its target. Best solution for overcoming focused lighting is that marked player and non-marged players move in opposite side direction. Marked player to the left rest to the right.

Guest GraySoleil

Hi Posted Image

Wonderful guide here -- just what we've come to expect from Icy-Veins. First-rate in all regards.

We all understand how things keep changing on the PTR, so with that I mind I offer a correction and ask about a clarification in the loot sections:

-- Worldbreaker's Stormscythe: You list it's type as a sword; the tooltip calls it an axe.

-- Jin'rokh's Soulcrystal: You list the main stats as "Intel / Strength / Dodge. The tooltip only lists strength and dodge. Are there other versions of this trinket with intel?

And, a very subjective question: How difficult, or how "do-able" is this boss? Is it necessary for a group to clear most or all of 5.1 content before attempting this one? Any suggestions about minimum i-level?

Thanks again for all you folks at Icy-Vens do. Posted Image

Hi Posted Image

Wonderful guide here -- just what we've come to expect from Icy-Veins. First-rate in all regards.

We all understand how things keep changing on the PTR, so with that I mind I offer a correction and ask about a clarification in the loot sections:

-- Worldbreaker's Stormscythe: You list it's type as a sword; the tooltip calls it an axe.

-- Jin'rokh's Soulcrystal: You list the main stats as "Intel / Strength / Dodge. The tooltip only lists strength and dodge. Are there other versions of this trinket with intel?

And, a very subjective question: How difficult, or how "do-able" is this boss? Is it necessary for a group to clear most or all of 5.1 content before attempting this one? Any suggestions about minimum i-level?

I'll let Vlad reply to the second question.

For the loot error, I take full responsibility. The errors are now fixed ^^

Guest Mico

They say it in the beginning. This is dps fight. Fight will last 7-8 minutes. if you do it with 5 dps u need 121k, if u do with 6 dps u need 104k average dps. Note: your damage is buffed for 40% for 5-6 minutes of the fight.

Thank you so much for the effort you guys at IV put in to these guides. It's extremely appreciated =)

Edited by Ruby

I would like to say 2 things.

-Heroism should be used at 1st conductive water imo. You said we shouldn't use cds at pull so everyone will have their cds at first conductive water. At 3rd or final conductive water it is less likely.

-When boss creates focused lighting he turns in the direction of player who will be targeted by that spell. 1 second after he turns in that direction he will slam the ground and create focused lighting. Just like Wind Lord, 4th boss in HoF when he is throwing boomerang. He first turns and 1 sec after he throws the boomerang and players have enough time to move out. Same for Jin'rokh. If players are not placed in cone they will know who is targeted by focused lighting before boss casts the spell. They have 1-2 secs to run to safe location before the spell appears. Other players (especially melee) should move aswell if boss is turned close to their direction since focused lighing pulse damage every 0.5 secs to nearby enemies while reaching its target. Best solution for overcoming focused lighting is that marked player and non-marged players move in opposite side direction. Marked player to the left rest to the right.

Thank you for these suggestions. I'll incorporate them into the guide :)

Hi Posted Image

Thanks for all your compliments. Regarding your second question, it is subjective indeed. It's hard to tell. On the PTR, your item level is automatically adjusted to a level that Blizzard deem suitable for that encounter. I'm not sure how much we had for Jin'rokh, but it may have been about 502. At that level, the fight felt reasonable in all respects (damage taken, DPS requirement). Add to that also that I tested the boss with a pretty strong group; Inner Sanctum have a world rank of 117 for Tier 14, so it's probably going to be more difficult for less experienced raids. Moreover, the PTR server was very laggy for us (playing from Europe). Finally (phew), I'd add that for me personally, most fights seemed to get harder on live than they were on the PTR/Beta.

To wrap it up, I'd say that it's an entry level boss and it works well in that regard. Well-progressed raids will find it a walk in the park. Most organized and coordinated groups with a good item level should find it killable. Less experienced raids will struggle on it, but I'm confident that they can kill it within the first (or possibly second) lockout. Pug groups... probably won't do so well.

Thank you so much for the effort you guys at IV put in to these guides. It's extremely appreciated =)

You are welcome!

Guest Goil

Are you able to kite the Focused lightning through the conductive pools? In the 4th conductive pool can you just drag the lightning through it and to the outside wall or do you need to drop it somewhere else?

Are you able to kite the Focused lightning through the conductive pools? In the 4th conductive pool can you just drag the lightning through it and to the outside wall or do you need to drop it somewhere else?

You can kite the Focused Lightning through the Conductive Water, although I would hardly say that it's advised. As long as no detonation occurs inside the Conductive Water, the main concern is that everyone within 5 yards of the orb will take about 50K Nature damage per second. And of course, since those players are in the pool, they're going to take 80% increased Nature damage. So, it's a very damaging process, and you should avoid doing it, but if you end up clipping a pool while moving the orb (such as the 4th pool, when you're doing really poorly on room), it shouldn't be a disaster. It's important that players who are in the pool move away from the path of the orb, though.

Has anyone confirmed if the Static burst shares damage with the raid if the tanks in the water? guide said on PTR it did, but that that was removed from the Djournal on live. is this still the case?

Edited by TehBug

Does it really requires 121k dps with 5 dps? Or were there some changes?

The boss' health in 10-man was reduced by about 100M from the PTR, so the DPS requirement became quite lax. We'll update that today.

I can confirm that you can control the next targetted statue. However its different to the guide. We got guaranteed control by moving him away from wherever he wanted to be thrown. He throws you to the *furthest* statue from where he is.

And for those asking about DPS requirements, you spend a good deal of the fight with a 40% damage buff. We only got to see two puddles thrown down. I hope Heroic lets us see the fight for longer than 4 minutes.

Guest Druideena

Question about the static charge debuff on the tanks, I went in yesterday and we found that if the second tank taunts off when the first tank gets the static charge, the tank without the static charge is thrown at the statues, causing him to be stunned and drop agro. The boss would then target the tank with static charge and hit him, causing raid wide damage. We found the best way is to have the tank with static charge taunt the boss aprox 2 seconds before he throws his target. is this what everyone else is doing? or are we making this way too complex...

Guest Guest

On this boss if you focus on the strategy and get it down he has a low gear requirement we did it with an average gear of 488 and a tank in 485.

We kited the orbs all the way to the edge of the map (the little cut outs of the main square area). Keep near the edge of the puddle not in the middle of it. When he lightning strikes the water group up on the tank (unless you have an orb on you). DBM timers were all working correctly when we did it however a few of the other timers were causing people some grief.

Bit overwhelming the first pull or 2 because this fight is really fast but I am sure everyone will be able to do this boss. Don't get discouraged this is not a DPS race despite what it looks like on the stradegy you can stack in the middle when all the puddles are lightning struck

We had 3 healers 5 dps and 2 tanks.