FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jpsgaming

Attack Power and Base Stats help? The difference for enchants?

Hello,

My main is an Assassination Rogue.

Main Profs are engineering and JC.

Here is my Armory - http://us.battle.net...imorti/advanced

EDIT - I noticed that the WoW armory does not show my Engineer enchants on my gloves. They are there I promise lol.

This is the only class I have played since I started WoW near the end of wrath. I feel I know this class well and I play it well. I dont claim to be pro but I feel I play it very well which has had a lot of people ask me to raid with them on my server since I do try and end up doing very well on the DPS meters for boss fights (Always good for single target....but that's an assassination thing)

Reason for this post is I have tried to research this but haven't got much of a clear answer.

I got in an argument with a guildie today who has never played a rogue trying to tell me that engineering is trash and tailoring is better.

I have the Synapse Springs Engineer enchant on my gloves. They give me the extra 1920 agility for 10 seconds once every minute. http://www.wowhead.c...synapse-springs

My guildie was telling me the Tailoring only enchant Swordguard Embroidery was better then the synapse springs enchant - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125483

After reading a lot of sites I am under the impression that the Engi enchant is better then the Tailoring one.

Is this true. I am not a mechanics buff, Ive never delved deep into these things but I use Icyveins, wowpopular and elitest jerks for a learning resource. (Id love to learn more however).

How does AP work compared to base stat buffs like Agility? Which is better? The Swordgaurd (4000 AP random Proc for 15 secs) or the Synapse Springs (1920 agility guaranteed every 1 min for 10 secs).

Could someone break it down for me? I read that Synapse buff stacks with other buffs but swordguard AP buff don't?

Pretty much whats the bottom line here? Thats what I'm looking for with a but of a mechanics breakdown if no one minds (a little mathematics I suppose lol)

Thank you for reading and responding.

Edited by jpsgaming

From memory 1 Agi = 2 melee AP + 0.1% crit (dont quote me on the crit numbers however :D ) so your looking at 3840AP + 285 agi permanent + 165 crit from http://www.wowhead.com/item=83764 instead of the embroidered so that's another 570AP giving you a total of 4410AP and 357 crit.

So with just the AP numbers alone the on use is a better fit although i prefer passive bonuses because i don't have to remember to use them :D

Hello,

My main is an Assassination Rogue.

Main Profs are engineering and JC.

Here is my Armory - http://us.battle.net...imorti/advanced

EDIT - I noticed that the WoW armory does not show my Engineer enchants on my gloves. They are there I promise lol.

This is the only class I have played since I started WoW near the end of wrath. I feel I know this class well and I play it well. I dont claim to be pro but I feel I play it very well which has had a lot of people ask me to raid with them on my server since I do try and end up doing very well on the DPS meters for boss fights (Always good for single target....but that's an assassination thing)

Reason for this post is I have tried to research this but haven't got much of a clear answer.

I got in an argument with a guildie today who has never played a rogue trying to tell me that engineering is trash and tailoring is better.

I have the Synapse Springs Engineer enchant on my gloves. They give me the extra 1920 agility for 10 seconds once every minute. http://www.wowhead.c...synapse-springs

My guildie was telling me the Tailoring only enchant Swordguard Embroidery was better then the synapse springs enchant - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125483

After reading a lot of sites I am under the impression that the Engi enchant is better then the Tailoring one.

Is this true. I am not a mechanics buff, Ive never delved deep into these things but I use Icyveins, wowpopular and elitest jerks for a learning resource. (Id love to learn more however).

How does AP work compared to base stat buffs like Agility? Which is better? The Swordgaurd (4000 AP random Proc for 15 secs) or the Synapse Springs (1920 agility guaranteed every 1 min for 10 secs).

Could someone break it down for me? I read that Synapse buff stacks with other buffs but swordguard AP buff don't?

Pretty much whats the bottom line here? Thats what I'm looking for with a but of a mechanics breakdown if no one minds (a little mathematics I suppose lol)

Thank you for reading and responding.

This is indeed a bit tricky. The question that needs to be answered is how valuable is Attack Power compared to Agility. Current simulation craft results suggest that Agility is 2.7 more valuable than Attack Power (in average). trade_engineering.jpgSynapse Springs gives you 1920 Agility for 10 seconds, so you can consider that it gives you about 5200 Attack Power for 10 seconds. You can use it every minute so that's a 16.67% uptime or an average gain of approximately 867 Attack Power. inv_misc_thread_01.jpgSwordguard Embroidery has an uptime of approximately 19%, so that's a 760 Attack Power gain in average.

From these simple calculations, you can see that Synapse Springs is clearly better than Swordguard Embroidery. But there is more. You need to consider that Synapse Springs is an addon, which means that it does not replace your enchants on your Hands item. Swordguard is not an addon, it is a regular enchant and applying it removes your previous Cloak enchant. In addition, you have complete control over when you can use Synapse Springs, while Swordguard Embroidery may proc at a moment when you're about to move for an extended period of time without being able to attack your target.

I think the conclusion is clear here. Synapse Springs is vastly superior to Swordguard Embroidery, so you're good to go with your current professions.

Hey, I would suggest following your own advice with staying with engineering because you can time your CDs to burst when needed.

Example:

Hero > shadow blade > vendetta > engineering proc, rotation

compared to

Tailoring proc from melee hit - on cd now > hero - vendetta > rotation

Edited by iRepo