FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lao

help with silver proving grounds(demo)

would anyone be willing to help a newbish demo out with the proving grounds?

im currently on try 306 and its getting frustrating,only been able to get past the first healer wave once.im doing everything by the book,but it dosent seem enough,any tips or tricks?or did they really hit demo with the nerf bat that hard as people tell me?

So which part are you failing at? What talents are you using? What is your current ilvl?

healers,wave 5 or 6 is where i falter,my ilvl is 612,my talents are soul leech,shadowfury,soul link,GoSer,kil'jaeden's cunning,and demonic servitude

im using demonic servitude mostly because the felhound does not pump out enough dps to even clear wave 3

I am assuming you are using doomguard for your pet. Make sure you have command demon ability on your bar. With Doomguard it is an interrupt that you can use on the healer. The stun from Shadow fury will also interrupt the healer if he still isn't dead but you should only have to interrupt him once.

I feel you always prioritize the healer, then the amber weavers. Remember that the you can use the amber to help as well. When you get to the last phase use the Ambers to trap the healer. If you are running from ambers get dots  spread to all the mobs then demonic leap to get a big gap and get some hard casts in. With your talent choices do not forget to use that second pet!

• Like 1

I am assuming you are using doomguard for your pet. Make sure you have command demon ability on your bar. With Doomguard it is an interrupt that you can use on the healer. The stun from Shadow fury will also interrupt the healer if he still isn't dead but you should only have to interrupt him once.

I feel you always prioritize the healer, then the amber weavers. Remember that the you can use the amber to help as well. When you get to the last phase use the Ambers to trap the healer. If you are running from ambers get dots  spread to all the mobs then demonic leap to get a big gap and get some hard casts in. With your talent choices do not forget to use that second pet!

i semirelibly getting to wave six now,but i just can't seem to pump out dps to take out the tank and healer even with spot on interrupts and cooldowns,im using the second pet as a secondary spell lock and well,it's ok but the dps the hound puts out seems like nothing

its also doesn't help my hands start to shake more and more the deeper I get into it

Edited by lao

You're playing demo (the worst spec) using fel puppy (the worst pet) in 612 gear, 3 below what the lowest scaling is built for in PG. IMO unless you have mad god mode skills, you have no hope.

In order to do this as demo you need more gear. A very good weapon would be ideal.

To do this at your gear level you need to be destro.

i almost had it,i was just one half a second from my last chaos bolt hitting the lst mob and knocking it down on wave 8 when time ran out on try 415,i have to ask does this scale with ilvl or is it just one difficulty no matter what ilvl you are?

It scales with ilvl, with a base scaling of 615. 

So if you are 715, it scales up for 715. But if you are 600 it does not scale DOWN past 615. So if you are 600 you are still facing mobs scaled for 615.

thanks for the info, i'll try and get to exactly 615 then  considering i've come so close twice now it is possible but it always comes down to the luck of the draw on which way those damn shield mobs end up facing,its bad enough i still sometimes fail on wave one if i get unlucky with it,but most of the time i'm at least getting to wave six.