Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Speedfarming Demon Hunter Multishot

15 posts in this topic

Typo on stat priority for the helm slot. itality instead of vitality. smile.png

Typo on stat priority for the helm slot. itality instead of vitality. smile.png

Thanks! Fixed.

Just had a one question, why Bane of the Powerful over say Bane of the Stricken? I find elites die really fast while farming without BotP and with BotStricken, so do the bosses and guardians.

Cheers, thanks!

I'm wondering if wolf companion could be replaced by some other companion ie bat?

Hi, what are your preferred stats (top 4) for goldwrap?

I'm wondering if wolf companion could be replaced by some other companion ie bat?

It can, if you struggle for resources. Bat Companion is the next best choice.

Hi, what are your preferred stats (top 4) for goldwrap?

Dex, Vit, All Resist, Life %.

Did you forget about the Bane of the trapped gem at level 25? i mean it will have a chance to slow so it will deal more dmg because it procs itself plus i'd rather use bane of the stricken then bane of the powerful

so i'd say the 3 legendary gems for dh would be Bane of the stricken, Bane of the trapped and stone of vengeance biggrin.png

just my opinion

Isn't bane of the stricken only applied to one target each time? Meaning it' pretty much useless in farming situations where you have packs but even if I'm wrong, they die super fast, and even the boss get destroyed so stricken never has time to stack. Stricken is a pure GR pushing gem, it seems to me that it's worthless for farming.

Just had a one question, why Bane of the Powerful over say Bane of the Stricken? I find elites die really fast while farming without BotP and with BotStricken, so do the bosses and guardians.

Cheers, thanks!

Did you forget about the Bane of the trapped gem at level 25? i mean it will have a chance to slow so it will deal more dmg because it procs itself plus i'd rather use bane of the stricken then bane of the powerful

so i'd say the 3 legendary gems for dh would be Bane of the stricken, Bane of the trapped and stone of vengeance biggrin.png

just my opinion

Isn't bane of the stricken only applied to one target each time? Meaning it' pretty much useless in farming situations where you have packs but even if I'm wrong, they die super fast, and even the boss get destroyed so stricken never has time to stack. Stricken is a pure GR pushing gem, it seems to me that it's worthless for farming.

Bob is correct.  Well, I'm not sure about "one target at a time", but BotS only helps if it has a chance to stack, and it's such a small percentage per stack that it takes a lot of stacks before it compounds into a significant bonus.  It gives the 25% elite bonus, but...

BotP gives a 20% bonus to everything, and lasts over a minute once leveled up.  Adding in the 15% elite bonus gives you 38% (assuming it multiplies) against the bosses, so it beats out BotS.

The key is how fast things die.  With a successful speedfarming build, nothing stays alive more than a few hits.  This not only means that BotS never gets a chance to stack, but BotP stays up all the time because you never go more than a minute between killing elites.

EDIT --> I forgot about Bane of the Trapped.  It only procs itself within 15 yards, so on a ranged build with no other slowing or trapping powers, it would go mostly unused.  This is especially true with Stone of Vengence which requires you to keep maximum range.  Finally, you probably don't want to do a speedfarming build without Boon of the Hoarder.  Even if you don't need the gold, the speed boost is worth it and it feeds your Goldwrap belt for incredible toughness bonuses.  (I once hit 134 billion toughness after killing a Gilded Baron...!)

Edited by Warden

Have you tried wearing Cindercoat armor for farm runs with this build?

It makes you use a ring royal grandeur in your cube, but you do get a lot for it.  First off, you can switch Vault -> Trail of Embers, and with the reduced resource costs of fire spells, along with the massive resource reduction of Yang's Recurve bow, you can vault very comfortably without worrying about losing your discipline.

Plus, the extra fire damage with Cindercoat becomes a 20% damage boost to Multishot -> Arsenal, which is a fire based spell.

I'm not sure why you are having such a Hatred problem.  I find that with Cindercoat, I simply don't have to worry about Hatred.  After all, Vengeance -> Seethe is permanent, so you have a huge hatred generator all the time.   Without worrying so much about hatred, you can do away with Blood Vengeance, and pick up Tactical Advantage, which gives a great speed boost to your vaults, and allows near permanent vaults with the trail of embers rune, as long as you space out the vaults every few seconds.

Have you tried wearing Cindercoat armor for farm runs with this build?

Cindercoat is not a bad inclusion for sure. The version I suggested is less about having Hatred problems and more about including Avarice Band/Goldwrap combo for infinite Toughness and Pickup Radius. You can definitely wear Cinder (or cube it and simply ditch one of the utility bracers) if you like how it impacts you resource management though.

What would be a good amulet to use instead of Hellfire?

Why not use Hellfire?  It's not like you can play for months and never get one to drop.  Even one hour of game play is guaranteed to get you materials for several hellfire amulets, and I've never had to craft that many before I got something pretty useful.  Now getting an ancient version with double crit stats and a useful passive may take a while...

Hey! Any decently rolled amulet with the correct stats (Socket, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Fire %) can temporarily take the place of a Hellfire until you roll a decent one. If I had to pick, I'd run Eye of Etlich.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0