Damien

Demon Hunter Impale with Shadow's Mantle

51 posts in this topic

Hey man love your builds.

How would you say this one compares in clear speed to the multishot build?
I've been using your multishot build since you added it and it's a monster. This one certainly seems fun but I'm curious how the compare. This one is obviously more single target damage focused though

I'd like to see the paragorn point alocations section in this build, like the rest of the builds. Ty!

Yes, Paragon Point allocation please, thank you! Btw, love your builds!

Not sure if this is bugged or not but the Night Bane rune for shadow power doesn't give you a permanently active slow. It's only for 5 seconds after you activate the skill even with the 4 set bonus.

Something bothers me with this build, how come it doesn't say anything about the quiver "spines of seething Hatred" which turns you chakram into a generator which can replace bolas??? otherwise the rest is really good besides the lack of paragon point allocation, good job!

First off. I mean no disrespect. Loving this build guide.Just curious what you tonn. I'm using strongarm bracers instead of new helmet. (Haven't found it yet) and also using elusive ring instead of COE. Thoughts?

Also, what about the new travelers pledge set? Possible good alternative?

So, I don't have the full build yet, but I found a good setup while working towards the final end game.  With this setup I still get regular damage in the hundreds of millions, and crits in the billions.  Point of note, here's the pieces I'm missing/still looking for:

Dawn, Restraint, Chain of Shadows, Visage of Gunes, Wraps of Clarity (I found one of these around level 15, but it is not good enough for the build, so I have it cubed for now).  Also don't have a Hellfire Amulet yet, but the setup I have now should allow me to farm out some hellfire amulets on Torment 7 or 8. 

So there are some pretty vital pieces here missing..  that sucks...  But I have the full Shadows 6 piece, and I have Lord Greenstone's fan.  These two pieces are still enough to get you to about T5/6 but at that level squishiness is a real issue.  I was lucky enough to find The Compass Rose and Traveler's Pledge, so I am using them both currently while I look for Restraint and a Hellfire amulet.  In My cube, since I don't have Dawn, i'm using Spines of Seething Hatred, and that allows me to use Chakram as my generator for a little bit more AoE damage.  Also have Wraps of Clarity in my cube for the defense buff.  I have Focus, so I'm wearing that, it's a mediocre roll, and could be better for my Belt i'm using The Witching Hour with Vit, AS, %life, and CHD.  On my quiver i've got The Ninth Cirri Satchel ancient, with Dex, Vit, CHC, AS, and CDR.  Bracers I'm using Custerian Wristguards for now with Elemental Damage %, Dex, Vit, CHC.  None of my gear is really optimized yet but with this setup I can still make it to T 7/8.  This should allow me to start some farming to start optimizing gear. 

Thank you Deadset for the build post. 

Thanks for this build, would love to see paragon point allocation as well. I went from struggling to do just about anything to blowing T5 up without any of the Cube items OR jewelry. So needless to say I can't wait to get these and continue dominating. Thanks!!!

Some points from the questions above:

1) Added Paragon allocation. Sorry for the omission!

2) I have generally avoided Chakrams as a generator due to their inferior generation potential (4 compared to 7) and lack of a slowing/CC rune.

3) There is a possible build with the Endless Walk set that focuses purely on Impale, but you will be severely lacking on AoE clear.

Thank you guys for commenting!

Still not seeing the paragon point allocation on the page.  Please add.  thanks!

I've had no luck getting good gear with lightning% damage, but I do have good cold% on the required items. Would taking the Over penetration cold rune for impale be a suitable alternative to Ricochet in a multiplayer game where you can afford to go without fan of knives?

All resist isn't an option on Shadow's Mantle chest or legs. Life % and Armour instead, I assume?

I tried this build and found out it was pretty good, but I wonder why you don't simply place Lord Greenstone's Fan in the cube and replace your main weapon with something that does a lot more damage...
I tried this, and found my dps improved alot... Maybe there is a downside to this that I am not seeing (except for the normal cooldown of Vengeance)

I've been using an alternative option for jewelry : Traveler's pledge + Compass rose + CoE + Elusive ring. The Endless Walk bonus is almost always at full 100% damage with this build, since moving with vault does not reduce stacks. Also, the elusive ring damage reduction should be up 100% of the time too.

So basically, with this setup, you trade hellfire passive + 12.5% damage (2.25x vs 2.0x from jewelry set) for 60% damage reduction from the elusive ring. If you feel survivability is an issue, that's a pretty good tradeoff.

When I'm not doing very high grifts, I also like switching awareness and thrill of the hunt for tactical advantage and blood vengeance. The movement speed boost and increased hatred regen (as long as you can kill stuff fast enough to generate a good quantity of orbs for the damage you do) boosts clearing speed without changing too much of the build

For those playing HC, rorg in cube and equipping either visage or beckonsail and cubing the other is the way to go. 2up is quite powerful in higher grifts given the dive type gameplay.

I tried this build and found out it was pretty good, but I wonder why you don't simply place Lord Greenstone's Fan in the cube and replace your main weapon with something that does a lot more damage...

I tried this, and found my dps improved alot... Maybe there is a downside to this that I am not seeing (except for the normal cooldown of Vengeance)

The lack of 100% Vengeance through Dawn (with minimal CDR stacking) seems like a rather massive drawback.

Rollover links to Shadow's Coil point to images of Shadow's Heels.

Incidentally, I have been using this spec for a while now thinking that I hit jackpot. Really strong stuff if you don't mind the constant clicking and one-shotting elites/guardians is always a plus. I do have one question for the main hand though (and excuse the ignorance since I haven't played diablo in well over 2 years). I have been using unique_sword_1h_018_x1_demonhunter_male.Born's Furious Wrath at about 3k dps. Wouldn't that be providing better dmg overall? I've also been using the set of unique_ring_013_x1_demonhunter_male.pngThe Compass Roseunique_amulet_008_x1_demonhunter_male.pnThe Traveler's Pledge   which seem to add a decent bit of survivability/dmg.

All cooldown requirements can be replaced by cubing an obsidian ring of the zodiac. This releases the helm diamond and the CDR item properties to switch for large amounts of Crit% or whatever.

Losing just CoE in exchange for 23% life and 4+ item properties is advantageous.

Hey man love your builds.

How would you say this one compares in clear speed to the multishot build?

I've been using your multishot build since you added it and it's a monster. This one certainly seems fun but I'm curious how the compare. This one is obviously more single target damage focused though

I'm finding it a little slower thanks to the reduced crowd control ability but not by much. It's only really big swarms (multiple fallen shaman and goons) that have caused me any real issues.

Being able to one-shot T8 rift guardians (with my sub-optimal version) is pretty fun laugh.png

HI,  nice build,

When you play in a group consider remove the dagger and take an calamity.

Hail for lazyness :-) haha

Regards,

V-

I'm wondering why no love for Bane of the Powerful over some of the other gems mentioned (namely Taeguk, which I find too hard to personally maintain stacks on, or Bane of the Stricken)? It seems that this is pretty good after dropping that first elite pack. Right now I have mine at about 75 seconds long, so that's 75 seconds worth of 20% extra damage vs. everything, plus an added 15% vs elites. If you pushed yourself hard enough (or had the gem up high enough) you could get that bonus going pretty much constantly. It's basically an easily upkept 20% bonus damage to most mobs and 35% to elites. 

So I'm just wondering if there's a reason not to use this gem. I do realize that Taeguk also gives armor bonus, but again I personally find it a little too much work to keep the stacks maintained (by throwing impales and bolas into thin air). It takes me a little while to get to 15+ stacks, and then it's gone so quick. 

My current gems are Esoteric Alteration, Bane of the Powerful and Bane of the Trapped. 

Appreciate the advice here.. I am by no means an expert, so not suggesting Bane of the Powerful is the way to go vs Stricken or Taeguk.. just wondering why it didn't get mentioned as a good choice. 

I'm wondering why no love for Bane of the Powerful over some of the other gems mentioned (namely Taeguk, which I find too hard to personally maintain stacks on, or Bane of the Stricken)?

Bane of the Stricken is indeed recommended, and I rate it higher than Esoteric. Bane of the Powerful is a good gem, but sharply drops off in effectiveness once you are out of speedruns. As long as you stomp the content, it's a pretty good gem, but when pushing for progress fights start taking longer and longer, often causing you to drop the bonus. Taeguk is a pain to keep up, but once you get its rhythm it provides a consistent source of offense AND defense.

1 person likes this

Awesome, thanks for the explanation. And while I'm at it, I'll say that I've followed a few of your guides to the TEE and they all worked way better than anything I could have come up with. This was the only one I was unsure about, but I understand now with your explanation, so I'll stop thinking outside the box.. hahaha. You are definitely the pro! 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor