Damien

Barbarian Support

22 posts in this topic

I noticed that you don't have sockets listed as stat priorities for the torso and legs. Are they unimportant or was that just overlooked?

Why is bonus exp still recommended? It is reduced by 90% at level 70.

I noticed that you don't have sockets listed as stat priorities for the torso and legs. Are they unimportant or was that just overlooked?

They roll naturally at their maximum on set items!

As a side note, the guide has been reworked to properly fit the 2.4 meta.

Hello, i follow your builds. Thanks. I wanna ask something. Why do you want sockets without Ralamadni's Gift? Is there something difference between the normal socketed weapon and a socketed weapon with Ralamadni's Gift?

Hello, i follow your builds. Thanks. I wanna ask something. Why do you want sockets without Ralamadni's Gift? Is there something difference between the normal socketed weapon and a socketed weapon with Ralamadni's Gift?

Yes, in a normal socketed weapon, you're trading a stat for a socket, with Ralamadni's Gift, you're adding an extra stat, basically.

Is striving for perfect gear as important on this and other support builds, as it is for a solo build? Or should you just strive for ancients that have the right stats?

Is striving for perfect gear as important on this and other support builds, as it is for a solo build? Or should you just strive for ancients that have the right stats?

Support gear perfection is not necessary for the group as much as the DPS gear perfection, you can get away with a few incorrect or suboptimal choices. As long as the correct items are in place and you're not too far off the recommendations, you can easily push 90+. Things get more serious past GR100, where you'll have to follow the recommended stats more closely and get the most out of your character.

Why does it seem that nobody on the ladder is using this build? they're basically running this but raekor instead of immortalking and using furious charge instead of call of the ancients. i dont see a benefit to charge?

Why does it seem that nobody on the ladder is using this build? they're basically running this but raekor instead of immortalking and using furious charge instead of call of the ancients. i dont see a benefit to charge?

There are various modifications, but both builds will be dead in about a week and a half, when the globe meta gets removed.

I would suggest Sankis axe is a viable alternative to Vigilance, the proc on polearm is very low- there is no cooldown on ignore pain Sankis gives.

Few question:

• is critical chance just for Solanium proc?
  • the toxine gem is suggested for both barbarian and monk support, does the level 25 property stack? Iceblink too?
  • does inner sanctuary (from Vigilance) stack with monk one?

Heya! Crit Chance is no longer a priority with the introduction of an internal cooldown on Solanium. Toxins stack, but only one support needs to run Iceblink - coordinate it within the group. The Vigilance effect stacks.

P.S. Good call on the Sankiss! I'll include it.

Hi, there's one thing I don't understand about the weapons choice. It says that the Bul'Kathos set weapons also get similar results, but I don't get the point of picking them if you're not going for Whirlwind with the Hurricane rune. All the variants keep the Ancient Spear as the mob grouper even when they choose the Bul'Kathos weapon set.

What is it for?, rage regeneration? you get plenty of it with charge and both cries, I really don't understand the choice. Unless it is to avoid the use of charge to build rage in order to not to trigger the diminishing return on CC's and be able to hook up easier.

On 8/15/2016 at 3:57 AM, Guest Brutus said:

What is it for?, rage regeneration? you get plenty of it with charge and both cries, I really don't understand the choice. Unless it is to avoid the use of charge to build rage in order to not to trigger the diminishing return on CC's and be able to hook up easier.

Hey, the Fury regen is precisely what it's taken for. You're also correct on your observations of CC reduction avoidance. :)

Question: With charge and spear being the only attacking abilities, why the extra prioritization on attack speed (Gogok, Istvan's). Does AS let you spear faster? If its just the defensive parts of these items, wouldn't other choices be more optimal? What am I missing here?

When I saw the Shield, I was thinking I've never seen that...but if the meta is really broken (what I see is last season replay) and checking some numbers, I'm switching my plans to include that shield.  The one issue I have is on Block Amount, 19k to 25k; first what does that mean and second is that 'plenty' compared to incoming damage.  With an HP bulb of 600k, I can recall 1/3 disappearing suddenly...a bit more than 25k.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:06 AM, Guest KnightOwl said:

Does AS let you spear faster?

Yes, it does.

7 hours ago, SangFroidy said:

When I saw the Shield, I was thinking I've never seen that...but if the meta is really broken (what I see is last season replay) and checking some numbers, I'm switching my plans to include that shield.  The one issue I have is on Block Amount, 19k to 25k; first what does that mean and second is that 'plenty' compared to incoming damage.  With an HP bulb of 600k, I can recall 1/3 disappearing suddenly...a bit more than 25k.

Blocks are basically just another resistance. The game will factor in all of your resistances etc. before adding the block "resistance" to the damage if it procs. It actually is more than you think, especially vs. multiple enemies.

Aside from the block values, keep in mind Stormshield's innate melee damage reduction property. It goes up to 30% which is an absurdly high number, considering how the majority of the damage you sustain will be exactly of the melee type.

Regarding the alternate weapon recommendations (rogue/slanderer), what procs those?  The tooltip says they proc on primary spender, but the build doesn't use any!

Edited by Doirse

18 hours ago, Doirse said:

Regarding the alternate weapon recommendations (rogue/slanderer), what procs those?  The tooltip says they proc on primary spender, but the build doesn't use any!

It procs when you use resource - this means Ancient Spear will proc it, something that you are spamming for most of the rift.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor