Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stuff and spec optimization : 2 questions

5 posts in this topic

First, thanks for all the good work you are doing for us.

I am facing two questions that I do not manage to solve (sorry for my english, not my native language so I am doing my best). 2 questions that I do not manage to solve, even after discussion with several rogues.

Question about optimizing my stuff.

Here the link to armory, combat spec. ilvl 490:

In a couple of weeks had the chance to loot :

-Gloves of the Thousandfold Blades(Raid finder) :

- Legguards of Failing Purification(Heroic 10)

For me I have several option, and I do not know which one is better.

1/ take the Gloves of the Thousandfold Blades (Raid finder), upgrade to 2/2 .

So I reach the 4/5 Tiers 14 buff! Seems cool.

But I lose lot of haste for example and also loose one ilvl

2/ I do not take Gloves of the Thousandfold Blades(Raid finder) but I keep the current glove that I already have. So as I am still 3/5 with the Tiers 14, in addition I decide to skip the current leg setT14 that I already have (so I am now 2/5 for tiers 14) and I take Legguards of Failing Purification(Heroic 10) and upgrade it to 2/2

---> with this option I do not have my 4/5 tiers T4 buff, but my global stat are better.(more agi/more haste than option 1)

3/ maybe no good choice, it is better to wait to have a better loot to have a real impact and do not waste valor point in upgrade. But I would like to optimize asap to be efficient asap with my raid guilde!

Do not know which option should I take!!!!Really do not know!!!!

Question about Assa vs Combat and loose of ilvl

My second spec is Assasination.

When I shift to assassination my weapon are

- Dagger of the Seven Stars

(not upgrade yet cause it is a recent loot)

- Koegler's Ritual Knife(herric donjon)

Otherwise I have the same stuff (just have to reforge).

Going from Combat to assasination I lose 2 ilvl.I goes from 490 to 488.

I am losing some DPS with combat on some mono target bosses. And I am wondering If I can improve my dps by switching assassination on that kind of bosses,even if I am losing 2 ilvl

Someone has got a clue?

If you have some advices, please do not hesitate!

no answer maybe it was stupid questions :P

to follow up my post I ve decided as follow :

Do not take the last lfr loot to reach the 4/4. I prefer to keep a higher i lvl (+1) and have also more addtionnal stat(I can add 2 gems vs 0 for the lfr loot).

I have also respe Assa, I lose 2 ilvl but I will try to see if even with this loose of 2 ilvl I will improve my dps again mono target boss (vs the combat spec)

A kind of empirical tries, I have made some test but not in optimal and balance condition. So I will see in real raid condition

see u

Sorry for the lack of response. I'll try to give you a reply tomorrow. I've been very busy with our guides for Patch 5.2 :)

For the first question, I can't really say, I would need to see your Combat gear on the armory. Right now, you are Assassination.

For the second question, Assassination and Combat perform very similarly, in all situations, so I would stick to Combat in your case, especially since it is a weapon issue.

no worries, It is better for the rogue community to work on the guid than a single question :P

thanks for your kind reply

I have kept my spec combat during several days to follow my post, I have just repsec assa yesterday nigth (bougth all gemmes and echant :P ) bad timing :P :-)

I am going to plug my combat spec for the armory but keep in mind the gemming is not good,do not know if it will be sufficient for you if you have not the optimize picture of my combat rogue

But for the 2nd answer if i understand your answer for assa vs combat, I have made the bad choice (I have just upgrade the weapon to 2/2 for the raid of tonight). bad timing again :P

see u and thansk again for your reply

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this:
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By NotYetRated
      Hey all,
      Loooong time lurker here, I just had to make a post about the various talent combo's you can take as an Assassination Rogue. Bleed/Poison, EP or MP or things like Exsang or Agonizing.
      I'm currently:        39% crit / 14% Haste / 90% Mastery. I know that haste is like almost useless on Sin rogue but I'm just gearing up (854ilvl).
      Now the thing is, I'm currently running MP and Exsang and can get around 275k-290k steady DPS (on dummies that is). While I've tried the recommended EP and Agonizing build I get to around 300k for like 15 secs and then it dips into 265k to 250k.
      Now for my opener and rotation:
      Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > 2x Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate to 6 when not > Vanish > Rupture > Mutilate2x > Exsang > Envenom at 5/6 > Kingsbane.
      I refresh my Garrote and Rupture when they've run out for the Exsang to do it's thing. Otherwise I refresh them around 4 or so seconds. I use my CD's as soon as they come up except for Vendetta, I usually dump my energy fast and then Vendetta.
      How come I perform better with a supposedly worse build?
      Idk anything about posting logs and all that but my character is named Xinshi on VentureCo.
    • By Fluxhollow
      Greetings fellow warlocks and theorycrafters, I need your help with something
      I recently got the Naraxas Spiked Tongue trinket (840), but I'm not sure its an upgrade. 
      Heres a link to my armory:
      Here's a link to the items I'm considering: (Only does 158,261 proc damage on live it seems) (1073 Int, 882 haste)
      Equipping the tongue would drop me ~2% haste, and I'm already sub-30% so I'm not sure if it would be an upgrade.
      Which also brings me to my next point. What would be the best way for me to calculate if a trinket with a proc or use effect is an upgrade over raw stats?
      Additionally, as you can see on my armory page I have most of the class hall set equipped, and I do have access to the 8-set bonus aswell.
      How would be the best way to judge wether going for the 8-set bonus is a dps increase? Similarly, how would I judge whether or not dropping the 6-set bonus is the right move? 
      Any help or feedback would be very welcome.
    • By Latantha
      850 mark of dargul (932 crit, 419 speed) vs
      840 no proc trinket (1,123 agi, 898 mastery)
      So, basically, which is better? I'm fairly sure the 840 is stronger, but I haven't used the Mark before, so I don't know how strong/weak the proc is.
      (Mark of Dargul for proc reference:
    • By spaski
      So i dont wanna rant about itemlevel epics and rares but i probably will. 
      i just dont get the itemlevel vs stats calculation. why can you recieve and item thats up too 35 itemlevel higher with the same secondary stats as an 815 item ? i know that int/agi/Strength and stamina have a set amount for each itemlevel.
      I mean for my shadowpriest im having a hard time swapping my heroic ring ive got thats got an itemlevel of 825 but rolled with a socket, its got 1k haste and 600crit, which is the same amount of haste and crit on my 840 ring i got. but since it got a socket its still worth keeping the heroic ring.
      i just feel like gearing in this expansion seems wierd, you have to trick groups to invite you because you dont have that 845+ ilvl only because the gear you get in mythics isnt better then the gear you get in heroics. So what i do to get into court of stars and arcway groups ive gotta respec holy equip that gear which is my offspec gear but because that 846 ilvl and my shadow only is 841 and then ask to join the group. 
      (yes ive been unlucky with gear for shadow, no relic drops my shadow weapon is 863 and my holy is 875 or something, and basically no mythic drops what so ever for shadow spec etc) 
      i guess i should include i havent missed one mythic reset yet so its not like ive been slacking.
      anyway this is how i feel its wierd, strange abit uncomfortable to be honest. Obviously try not to judge people by thier itemlevel because they might just be as well geared as they can without being at that magic number of 849 ilvl+ just because it would simply be a DPS loss.