FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
RakeRipGG

elemental blast or primal elementalist?

I was just wondering which does more damage on single target; elemental blast or primal elementalist? Im using primal elementalist right now and i feel it should be better because you can use your dps potion together with it but i guess it´s gear depentant aswell. Im hoping someone who knows could help me out. Im elemental btw.

Edited by RakeRipGG

It depends on how well you can keep the elemental blast buff up. Its an extra key into your rotation and chances are that it will cause too much cluster with lavasurge procs, fulmination etc. And for an ele blast build getting the buff to maximum uptime is the most priority.

That being said, primal elementatlist is realtively easy to get the maximum benefit of it. But primal elementalist looses its value beacuse of its massive cool down. After 3 minutes into the cooldown the other 2 talents catch up to the dps boost you get initially using ur elemental. Which u can regain only waiting 2 minutes more and it is also strongly dependant on the boss encounter and how long it takes to kill the boss.

Edited by Pulse

They're both viable, but really depends how you prefer to play.

Personally, I normally use Primal Elementalist, with the Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem(reduces CD and duration by 50%), since I've bound it into my CD macro, where I've got basically all of my offensive CDs. I want it for burst damage, so I don't need it to last a minute.

The Primal Elementalist's Fire Elemental is just a "passive" CD that you really don't have to do anything with, as it's just standing there casting and damaging your current target. Haven't encountered any situation in HFC where the Empower ability would be more efficient than just letting it do it's thing.

Elemental Blast adds another layer of play, where you have to keep up that buff as well as T18 4-set bonus.