Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Wizard Energy Twister with Delsere

22 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble doing any damage with this build. I've got all of the items and skills listed, but it takes me ages to kill anything T10+. I've tried both the group and solo versions of the build to no effect. What am I missing?

I'm having trouble doing any damage with this build. I've got all of the items and skills listed, but it takes me ages to kill anything T10+. I've tried both the group and solo versions of the build to no effect. What am I missing?

I had the same problem. Then I came to the conclusion that this is more of a survivability build. It is not ideal for damage. 

I'm doing good damages but my arcane runs out so quickly using twister.  Anyway to regenerate resource faster.  

On the multi version: you should consider that the build requires at least one support who feed you with health globes for the reaper. If you just teamed up with random people you should go with the solo.

And on the solo version: I've only recently geared to DMO from FB, but I easily cleared GR55 with it without any AP issue. My current build for reference (not that it is anywhere near optimal, just for comparison): http://www.d3planner.com/523621847

The main thing for this build is that I don't cast ET manually. Of course if I'll have the AP generation required I should consider casting it between Etched Sigil casts to maximize the effectiveness.

The other is that if you go with channeling you should be wary of the attack speed bonus. Of course it's nice to cast faster but you'll run dry fast. This probably can be cured with APoC or higher generation/cost reduction, but since I currently go with Aquila, which requires constant high AP to work optimally and don't have the generation, I go without Pain Enhancer and probably going for Esoteric on higher rifts instead of Powerful or PE, at least until I find a viable solution to this which scales adequately

I just solod a 55 grift.  Damage is definitely not the downside.  I like the solo version for groups, too, if you don't have a monk/barb feeding you globes like mentioned in the guide.  So basically go with solo setup for grp.

If you don't have furnace, there is a sword that increases dmg 35% when channeling, too.  This is a very odd build, very situational.  You need to get as many twisters out as possible on elites but also have everything inside slow time.  channel disintegrate/arcane while setting up big fights

I will say if your grp does *not* have solanium, the posted grp build doesn't work that well IMO.  I spend too much time waiting on mana regen in a big fight without constant health globes.  I run with the channeling/solo version in most pugs. Since I'm a casual player that's pretty much all I run with =P.

APD

Each stunned enemy within 25 yards reduces your damage taken by 9–12%.

where the stuns come from??

APD

Each stunned enemy within 25 yards reduces your damage taken by 9–12%.

where the stuns come from??

The Frost Novas triggered by the Halo of Arlyse in the Cube is considered a stun.

why dont you run crown of the primus instead of ancient parthan defenders?

why dont you run crown of the primus instead of ancient parthan defenders?

You already take the best rune (the damage reduction one), and the other runes are only marginally beneficial compared to the scaling protection coming from APDs - they scale with the number of enemies you engage.

For the group build, I'm having a hard time with AP, after i cast the first 5-7 i basically run out.

I have all the right pieces and passives etc with apoc but no luck.

Is it 100% necessary to have globe feeders in the group?

seems like this guy makes it mandatory

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69867-2-4-gr100-energy-twister

Otherwise i need really high density of monsters to get the AP regen going nicely, but by then they are already dead unless i play on a GR too high for my own good i imagine.

Is it 100% necessary to have globe feeders in the group?

Definitely. This group build is out of the question without globe feeders.

True ... it is a damage type mostly beneficial if supported by globe creators. I have tried a similar build based on twister, and it is not a solo build. If you want a great solo build go for their build ... based on arcane orbs.

How do the guys on Season leaderboard run the group build in solo grfits?

I just don't seem to understand, even with +500 int on everything they still have no AP right?

With some changes this build is THE best build for solo GR's as Blatty has shown. Why is it not listed under Solo Endgame Builds??

True ... it is a damage type mostly beneficial if supported by globe creators. I have tried a similar build based on twister, and it is not a solo build. If you want a great solo build go for their build ... based on arcane orbs.

The leader of the Solo GR leaderboard proves otherwise though ;)

Is there a peak to the solo channeling build? I am stuck at around GR 70 solo sad.png

Is there a peak to the solo channeling build? I am stuck at around GR 70 solo sad.png

Likely around 90? If you provide me with a link to your character, I can take a look and provide more specific advice. :)

http://www.d3planner.com/207897964

is My build at the moment, doing 65 rifts alone. Doing 74 with another dmo  wizard. I need the ranslor to get density cause we play on ps4. I like the solo version of this because it looks lot like my build, would this solo build outperform mine? I do die easy atm, and I do need the wicked rune because, console! :) dmo set or tal rasha with a channeling build? What would be preferred?

On 6/24/2016 at 9:30 PM, Guest Zebmastah said:

http://www.d3planner.com/207897964

is My build at the moment, doing 65 rifts alone. Doing 74 with another dmo  wizard. I need the ranslor to get density cause we play on ps4. I like the solo version of this because it looks lot like my build, would this solo build outperform mine? I do die easy atm, and I do need the wicked rune because, console! :) dmo set or tal rasha with a channeling build? What would be preferred?

Hey - you seem to have linked me a Firebird's build though? At the moment, DMO and Tal Rasha would both do better at an Energy Twister build, with DMO being the easier set to control in my opinion. I got a little confused by your 'channeling build' comment though - are you trying to build around Energy Twister, or a channeled skill (i.e. Disintegrate, Ray of Frost, etc)?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0