FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Ji-Kun

You can only get the beneficial buff by cacthing the green slime puddles BEFORE they hit the ground WHILE you are flying with a feather.

This is the name of the buff inv_misc_food_vendor_greenfishbonescurryPrimal Nutriment

Guest Volitaire

If only flying members are able to get the buff that should be expressed in the guides. We were trying to find out for sure last night and it does seem that they cannot be intercepted by players on the main platform by simply standing under them.

Agreed. We tried letting it hit us while we were on the platform and this was a big source of damage. We also had no one killing the Juveniles above us (out of range for ranged) so the key to winning this, we believe, is to modify the strategy the following way:

Group 1 -> goes to nest, kills eggs, gets 4 charges of feather. 1 used to fly back to main platform. During Feed, use one charge to fly up, intercept green, get buff. Use 3rd charge to fly up and kill Juveniles.

Group 2 -> goes to 2nd nest, repeats what Group 1 does.

This will cycle the buffs and greatly decrease raid damage. Will update upon success in defeating bird boss tonight.

We ended up killing Ji-kun last night on 25 man.

This is what we did: There are 10 nests, so we assigned five groups of 5 people (or 4 if a tank was in that group) stand next to their assigned icon above and below their nest.

There is a beam of light that determines which set eggs are going to spawn, it is always around the nests. When the nests lights up we send that group down to dps the hacthlings and get the feather buff. They immedietly go back to the main platform and wait for their juvenile eggs to spawn, which again is denoted by the beam of light around the nest.

There is the same rotation of Below and Up. Below = Hacthlings and up = Juvenile.

Our tanks would soak up about 3 or 4 puddles (thats before the 20 second timer is up) if there was a lot on the platform and we needed some room.

Since I was healing I'm not entirely sure if we let juveniles hatch on purpose or not or it was just slow dps. But when the juveniles were flying, they would try to catch the buff in the air while DPSing them.

I would think though, that we need some juveniles to hatch so that we have enough dps for the boss.

Also, jumping during the down draft bullshit did not help. I used Tiger's lust and i was standing in place. So if you find you have extra feathers (which with this strategy we had at least one or 2 extra) you can use one to fly above the pushback and ignore it completely. You should be able to kill one more set of hatchlings to refresh your feathers before the next one happens.

We did this about 2 times each before killing the boss.

I streamed it as well, so once I highlight it ill upload it.

Edited by Krazyito

Sounds exactly like what we hashed out after the end of the night. We also found out jumping = irrelevant. We used Stampeding Roar for every Downdraft. We just derped in that we completely ignored the Juveniles then went splat with the combination of Cheep, puddles falling everywhere, and Caw. Got crazy with 30+ birds in the air.

This fight sucks. Here's how we dealt with it.

1) Assigned a mega DPS group. This group was me (Demo), 2 Hunters, and a Mage. This group went down for the 2nd set of hatchlings/nest. We got our feathers and used 1 charge to fly back to the platform. From then on out, we only used feathers to get the buff by flying in the air into the big green ball of buff. It does 100% damage buff for 30 seconds (also 30% healing buff). It's AWESOME. Line it up with buffs. I did every other one and lined it up with Meta. Other DPS could do similar things.

2) Assigned two groups (4 DPS + 1 healer) x 2 to deal with adds and only adds. They took care of birds full time.

3) Should have used Bloodlust at the beginning of the fight, but raid management decided against my suggestion. I still suggest Lust at the beginning for maximum throughput.

4) Stampeding Roar for Down Draft is good.;..otherwise, don't sweat it TOO badly if you fall off...you don't die. Just takes about 17.5 seconds to get back up to the main platform.

5) Tank damage is relatively high. Raid should only be taking damage by eating pools and his AoE bullcrap that happens every 60 seconds. Classes with 60 second defensive CDs can time it for every single one. My Sacrificial Pact made it so I required almost no healing throughout the entire fight sans the unavoidable Cheep damage.

6) Only way to wipe on this fight is to let your tanks die or not kill adds. The rest of it is so easy...really.

This fight changed considerably from what we tested on the PTR. I'm updating the guide now. Thanks guys!

Must be flying to intercept green food and gain inv_misc_food_vendor_greenfishbonescurryPrimal Nutriment. If hatchlings have called for food Ji-Kun's next inv_misc_slime_01.jpgFeed Young will throw smaller yellow food at that nest. This can also be intercepted but again you must be flying.

You cannot dps Juveniles flying above unless you are flying, even if you're ranged.

Does NOT take three dps to kill Young Egg of Ji-Kun in the nests bellow. We tried that and literally sat around for 15 seconds waiting on the second nest to activate. (indicated by red light, not white), One decent dps should be able to manage. Recommend lust off the start, one dps drops down to kill eggs, as they're about to die call out for two more dps and a healer to drop down and pick up Daedalian Wings. Then one dps return to the platform and get on boss, two dps and the healer fly to the second platform and kill those eggs. Then have a 2nd group run and jump onto the 2nd platform as those eggs are dying to get their wings (this platform will require a running jump, it's pretty far) then that group can go to the third platform and first group return to the main platform. Try to dot up Juveniles flying above before your wings run out. After Feed Young use your wings to intercept the green food to get your buff then dps Juveniles before flight runs out. Don't worry if you're high in the air, you won't take fall damage.

It was never part of our strategy to fly up to the Juvenile nests but I did it one attempt anyway. With one stack of Primal Nutriment I was able to kill both Mature Eggs of Ji-Kun (1.2M health each) before they hatched. And if they do hatch they won't be at full health if you dpsed the eggs.

Down Draft is brutal. In cat form with Feline Swiftness I was still moving backwards. Jumping doesn't help. If you use a charge of Deadalian Wings you can ignore it, but it's really kind of a waste here as Down Draft is on a timer you can track and get to the middle before it starts, and use any speed boost if you can.

Don't worry if you're high in the air, you won't take fall damage.

It was never part of our strategy to fly up to the Juvenile nests but I did it one attempt anyway. With one stack of Primal Nutriment I was able to kill both Mature Eggs of Ji-Kun (1.2M health each) before they hatched. And if they do hatch they won't be at full health if you dpsed the eggs.

Down Draft is brutal. In cat form with Feline Swiftness I was still moving backwards. Jumping doesn't help. If you use a charge of Deadalian Wings you can ignore it, but it's really kind of a waste here as Down Draft is on a timer you can track and get to the middle before it starts, and use any speed boost if you can.

I can confirm you don't take fall damage. Also, jumping does not help during Down Draft. Paladins use their sprint buff, Druids use Sprint, Rogues use Sprint, Warlocks use Portals, Warriors Charge, Hunters can Disengage...lots of ways to avoid falling off the platform.

I have and idea about down draft. At one point in my video I saw that I had just gotten back to the platform when it happened with my feather and I put myself in THE MIDDLE of the platform when the buff ran out and it seemed that I was not getting pushed back. Maybe its sort of an "eye of the storm" where you wont get moved? I'm not entirely sure.

To be more specific around the

mark Edited by Krazyito

Guest zegyra

we just downed this on 25 man. first of all, it ain't hard; it's only confusing!

we had 6 healers and 2 tanks. and at first we tried doing with 2 platform groups, but found out that even with most efficient strategy, we were missing out on 2 platforms; and they ended up in 8 adds spamming us when boss is at 20% --> wipe

so we decided to go with 3 groups, all with 4 dps and 1 healer. for the sake of easier understanding, i'll call groups A B and C, and platforms 1 to 9... after 9, the cycle resets; so DBM's 10th platform warning, is actually the same with the beginning of the fight.

important thing to know; till 5th platform, there's only 1 platform at a time, and they'r all BELOW. at 5th, things get ugly, and theres 2 platforms at a time. so to sum up, 5 and 6 form at the same time, one up, one below. after that 7th is at up middle. than 8th and 9th at up again; and then resets the cycle; first 4 below etc etc. you should down the boss at maximum halfway of 3rd cycle.

Group A gets: 1st (down), 2nd (down), 6th (up), 8th or 9th (just get another one while ur up there, one except the middle... middle is group B's job)

Group B gets: 3rd (down), 4th (down), 7th (the one on middle, up)

Group C gets: 5th (down), and all the rest remaining up (there should be 2 platforms not covered by groups A and B; we seriously couldn't understand in all that haze how/when did 8th and 9th spawn.. so group c basically goes down for 5th, gets their feathers; and covers all upper platforms the prevo groups aren't getting.)

put 4 colors on 4 edges of the platform; you'll see that the groups get to mostly use the same edge, so it'll be better to adjust yourself to it. i, in group A, came according to always the same edge to start going on small platforms, so it was easy to notice where i'd go.

--run to the boss before the pushback; videos and guides say it's like Lei Shi; it's nothing like fcking lei shi; with druid sprints i could barely stand where i was.. if ur even halfway on platform; you will fall; you won't die, but lose considerable time.

--there's no fall damage in the room. so when going from boss to lower platform, WALK and fall... when going down from upper platform to boss JUMP and fall. the difference is really important, will save you a lot of dps.

--we didn't get into the "orb catching" or "blob interfering in the air" stuff; it was too much hectic for that tbh.

--spreading before that aoe spell is extremely important. other than that, there aint much damage on raid or even the tanks (except Quill)

--Quill's timer on DBM's broken, get prepared (stack up and heal) minimum 8 seconds before it says is to be casted.

...once you get the groups' rotation going; most of your wipes will be 5-10%ish... we used bloodlust on 20%.

-down the boss, and welcome to the new trash which is even harder Posted Image !!

Ok... this is about the trash before the boss. (on the stair case before the boss platform)

It wiped us MANY MANY times... what are we doing wrong besides just treating it like trash and not mini bosses?

tank face spiders away from raid, rez tank if dps doesn't switch to his web INSTANTLY.

blood worms just come from no where, taunt off of healers.

Snails will pursue, and 1 shot anyone in path - have range kill them preferably.

Flies - just out heal dmg.

are you suppose to use any tactics/interactions between the adds to kill things? (can you trap other adds in the spiders web ect)

choking gas... do u use it to help kill adds, or just try to avoid it yourself?

PS, fine any raid members that play in the water fall just as u exit the sewer as MANY of our members got 'stuck' and had to get removed from raid to have GY 60 second cd TP them out of instance. (relogging, life grip ect did NOT work, some were even stuck in combat so couldn't try summoning)

Guest Thatpaladinguy

Can anyone confirm if Caw hits melee? We are having a heckuva time with spreading on 25m.

Guest Psilocin

In the guide, you state that Activations 5 & 6 are the lower and upper nests, the first 2 platform activation, but later you say: Either of the two groups can handle the third nest, and then, for the fourth and fifth nests that activate (at the same time, one lower and one upper), each of the groups should take one nest.

Should thank to Blizzard for this fight. They tried to build a fight like Alysrazor, but instead came to... this. And as a taste for what's to come, there are those snails that hit kill everyone. I've found it very fun to do it... #not.

Guest Psilocin

In the guide, you state that Activations 5 & 6 are the lower and upper nests, the first 2 platform activation, but later you say: Either of the two groups can handle the third nest, and then, for the fourth and fifth nests that activate (at the same time, one lower and one upper), each of the groups should take one nest.

I see now this is the difference for 10man vs 25 man. Little confusing, may want to separate the two strategies. We downed her the other night, used a Mistweaver melee-healing monk and a Hunter to handle the platforms. DPS and heals on boss grabbed leftover wings when possible and used them throughout the fight, making sure to save at least one for hero during the burn phase. We basically started the burn on the first double nest activation, and had one or two from the platform DPS help out, but it may have been wiser to clear at least a few double nest activations first before burning. Once popping hero and burning, we just ignored platforms.

Guest Psilocin

Should thank to Blizzard for this fight. They tried to build a fight like Alysrazor, but instead came to... this. And as a taste for what's to come, there are those snails that hit kill everyone. I've found it very fun to do it... #not.

Can't tell if serious, or just using hashtags where the don't work....

This fight was fun as hell in my opinion, one of the more fun fights I've seen in awhile. The only thing I would add is to allow you to fly the rest of the instance.

Not serious about hashtags, of course.

But about the fight, I definately find it horrible. Too confusing, too many things to do and deal at the same time. It's not difficult, but during some tries we thought that is batter wipe and start all over again than try to recover from some minor mistake. But it's all about taste. One of most fun fights for me, may be awful for others.

(Note - I tanked this, so never left the platform. Strategy and observations are partially from group discussions.)

Observations - This is all from a 10 man perspective. The nest activations were 1 - 3 down, 4 - 6 up, 7 - 9 down. 10 was a double activation (the first) with an up and down. 11, 12 and 13 were all single activations, but I didn't catch if they were up or down. The dungeon journal was also very wrong about the nutrients. It waas a 100% dps buff, and unstackable. They go out 10s after a nest activates, and only ~4 people can get the buff at once. I think its still a 30% healing buff, but I'm not sure.

Strategy - The way we got our kill was 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps (only 1 melee).

We set up 2 teams, each with 1 healer and 3 dps. Call them Alpha team and Beta team. Alpha team was our primary nest group. It handled almost all nests. Beta team ONLY handled 2, 8 and 10 up. The rest of the time they were on the platform killing things and using their feathers to grab extra nutrients. The tanks never left the platform. Once we got people moving up and down cleanly, it went fine.

Tanks - There are 2 debuffs to manage. Talon Rake and Infected Talons. Talon rake lasts 1 minute, goes out about every 30s (a bit faster). Infected talons goes out really often and lasts 10s. What we did was have each tank take 2 stacks of the talon rake, with a cooldown for the second one. We didn't have a dodge tank (warrior and paladin), so the tank not taking the talon rake at the moment would taunt right after the rake went out to let the rake tank's stacks drop. The rake tank would then taunt back to take their rake stack. This helped reduce the spike damage on the tanks and take pressure off the healers. A 2 stack rake, a 10 stack infected talons, and a melee was a huge amount of spike damage to deal with.

The other tanking issue we had was a rake goes out right after each downdraft. We had to make sure that the tank who was supposed to be taking that rake was in range at the end of the downdraft and the other tank wasn't. We had a lot of 3 stack renewals while getting that working.

DPS - Our dps teams debated a lot the timing for killing eggs. Some people went right away to start on the eggs, while others waited 10s to get a nutrient buff first, as 100% damage was worth it. We weren't positive on how best to work this.

Double activation - The double activation at 10 was tough for us, as you can't leave the tanks without a healer. We handled this by sending the alpha team down to the lower nest, and the beta team without its healer up to the upper nest. We put a strong off-heal cooldown in the beta group (Shaman healing tide totem) which was used to keep the beta team alive till it could get back down to the main platform.

Quills/Downdraft - We made sure that the away teams didn't try to return to the main platform during a quills/downdraft. Some people (spriest with shield) could fly down during quills, but without a cooldown most other dps would wait. Otherwise we'd lose a dps mid air where the healers couldn't help them.

The Berserk time is 10min for this fight.

The order of the Nests in 10man is:

3 down, 3 up, 2 down, 1 down and up, 2 up.... 3 down, 3 up, 2 down, 1 down and up..FUCKIN' BERSERK.

We did the first rotation "3 down, 3 up, 2 down, 1 down and up, 2 up.... " the boss was with 30% and we ignore every add mechanic burning him down with Lust and Shit.

2 Tanks, 3 healer - one was dead in Lust phase - 3 ranged and 2 melee.

Your Berserk is an infinite Quill phase. Good Comp of healers can handle at least for 30seg.

Edited by JvChequer

We did this the easiest way we saw possible and downed it with 7 tries (mostly us on nests learning the nest rotation).

We had 2 healers, 2 tanks and 3 DPS on the main platform - with me (warlock), a warrior and a restoration shaman on the nests.

Main platform people made sure to put all the puddles on one side and gather up for Downdraft on the other.

Nest group just flew from nest to nest with no DPS time on the boss. We didn't even know there was a double nest in there somewhere but it didn't prove to be too troublesome.

We never touched the flying globs for the buff as we didn't need it for neither nests nor boss.

Here's our Ji-Kun kill from a nest perspective (in swedish):

Edited by sallyboo

In the guide it says Primal Nutriment does 30% damage and stacks. Is that correct? Tooltip says 100% damage and I have found nothing about it stacking. It didn't seem like I could intercept more than 1 ball of slime (it was chaos, so I could easily be mistaken)? Just wanting some verification.

Thx,