FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Ji-Kun

The dungeon journal says this:

inv_misc_food_vendor_greenfishbonescurryPrimal Nutriment – Successfully catching one of Ji-Kun's food globules mid-air increases the player's damage and healing by 30% for 30 sec. Primal Nutriment increases damage and healing by an additional 10% each time it is applied, up to a maximum of 200%.

The first time, your damage and healing will be increased by 30%. the second time you get it you do 40% more damage and healing, then 50%, 60%...

The buff is 100% and increases by 10% up to 200%. I am 100% positive the buff begins at 100%, not 30%.

• Like 1

Could anyone catch more than 1 slime ball per Feed Young? I was getting a buff increase everytime (I may run LFR tonight just to setup a weak aura to track it) but I wasn't sure how much the damage gain was. I really felt like I intercepted 2 slime balls per Feed Young, however It appeared that I only stopped 1 void zone from forming and that I wouldn't absorb the 2nd slime ball in the air.

Could anyone catch more than 1 slime ball per Feed Young? I was getting a buff increase everytime (I may run LFR tonight just to setup a weak aura to track it) but I wasn't sure how much the damage gain was. I really felt like I intercepted 2 slime balls per Feed Young, however It appeared that I only stopped 1 void zone from forming and that I wouldn't absorb the 2nd slime ball in the air.

You can only intercept one at a time. Otherwise it would be very easy to soak them all at once. Once you get the warning you could just fly up and hover over his head and all 5 will fly through you.

Ahh so it's a encounter long stacking buff then. I was reading it as per Feed Young phase you needed to stack as many as possible. Thx for the clarification.

Jikun

Differences from normal

-more HP, hits harder

-nest platforms are extremely important to execute properly

-nests 4, 8, 10, and 12 have Guardians that require a tank

-very high tank damage

-feather uses reduced from 4 to 3

There are multiple ways to divide up your raid, but you must take care of ten nests. For our group, one team took care of all the guardian nests while me and a Boomkin took care of Nests 3, 5, and 6. Once you have your teams set up appropriately, execution isn't far from normal.

Nest 1 - lower - Team A (acquire feather, use 1, 2 charges remain)

Nest 2 - lower - Team A + Tank (use 1, 1 charge remains, try to fly up during Feed Young to pick up Primal Nutriment)

Nest 3 - lower - Team B (acquire feather, use 1, 2 charges remain)

Nest 4 - upper - Team A + Tank (use 1, 0 charges remain)

Nest 5 - upper - Team B (use 1, 1 charge remains)

Nest 6 - upper - Team B (use 1, 0 charges remain)

Nest 7 - lower - Team A (acquire feather, use 1, 2 charges remain)

Nest 8 - lower - Team A + Tank (use 1, 1 charge remains)

Nest 9&10 - lower (Team B ) and upper (Team A + Tank)

Nest 11 - upper - Team B

Nest 12 - upper - Guardian (ignore)

Our group had sufficient DPS to stop after 8 nests, pop Bloodlust, and burn. Our DPS is quite gifted, however, so I'd recommend handling at least through Nest 11. If you ignore 9 & 10, Team B can go down on 9, nuke nests, pick up a feather, and chain Primal Nutrient for rest of fight. Team A should have 1 charge left to get Primal Nutrient. Fight is an easy DPS race at that point.

Quills hits REALLY hard in heroic mode. Line up defensive CDs and ensure that no one gets pushed off during Downdraft. Quills is on a 60 sec CD, so you can alternate 2 min and 3 min CDs as well as personals. Use Stampeding Roar and other personal movement increasing abilities during Downdraft.

DPS Concerns: Primal Nutrient is very important for Team A. Team A will be using feathers to get Primal Nutrient buff and fly to nests and wreck them. One or two of your DPS needs to focus on getting the Primal Nutriet to blow up Ji'kun. Primal Nutriet is a 100% damage buff and 40% healing buff. Other than taking care of each nest, make sure you put as much DPS into Ji'kun as possible.

Healing Concerns: Quills hurts like crazy. You're looking at some 500k damage to each player in a short window. Plan your non-stacking healing CDs appropriately, because stacking on this fight is difficult to do with Caw happening all the time. Aside from that, tanks will be getting reamed. Talon Rake is the ability to watch for.

Difficulty: not so much. Rather accessible Heroic if you can get Ji'Kun to about 25% when you are done with Nest 8.

There are multiple ways to divide up your raid, but you must take care of ten nests. For our group, one team took care of all the guardian nests while me and a Boomkin took care of Nests 3, 5, and 6. Once you have your teams set up appropriately, execution isn't far from normal.

About how many ppl on Team A and Team B you manage ? 1 healer and 2 dps each group? Or the Team A group Have 1 Healer and 3 dps?

That's one strategy I used with a different group. The one I use now involves me and a Moonkin doing nests 3, 5, and 6 only. We burn after Nest 8. The other team handles all the others. Usually a healer is only required when dealing with Quills at the same time...not sure how it lines up specifically at the moment. Tanks and healers are required on nests with Guardians which is Nest 2, 4, 8, and 12.

You'll get your own feel on the DPS required to knock over nests. As Destruction, I can ALMOST solo an upper nest. I probably could if I could time all my CDs and get lucky procs. Two bursty DPS should be able to handle these upper nests easily. The lower nests just involve some decent AoE.

Guest Gorshan

the slimed debuff on heroic, when collecting the food buff can be bubbled by Death knights Anti-magic shell and will not receive the stacking debuff.

Guest MDvedh

In 10-man, Nest Guardians are present in the following activations:

activation 2 (lower nest);

activation 4 (upper nest);

activation 8 (lower nest);

activation 10 (upper nest);

activation 12 (upper nest).

As of 5.3, there is no Nest Guardian during Activation 10 (upper nest)

Another minor difference exists, which is that Posted ImageDaedalian Wings now only has 3 charges, instead of 4 in Normal mode.

While this is true, the number of feathers can still reach for, it is not capped at 3 if the groups are switched up a bit.

Example:

1st lower: DPS1 jumps down gets 3 feathers, then uses one to get back to the main platform, 2 feather remaining.

2nd lower: DPS1 uses a feather to get the Primal Nutriment, pops CDs, uses a feather to get back, 1 feather remaining.

3rd lower: DPS1 jumps down as soon as eggs spawn. It is possible to kill them before the feed young. If succeeded, DPS1 moves to a feather and now has 4 charges of wings. Flies back, jsut as feed yound being casted and gets the DMG buff, 1 feather to get back, 3 remaining.

4th upper: DPS1 uses a charge to get the buff 2 remaining.

5th upper: DPS1 uses 1 charge to get to the nest.

6th upper: DPS1 uses 1 charge to get to the nest.

7th lower. cycle repeats.

Now, I know that this is a different order from what you have suggested, but I think this is worth a note. :)

Guest Callo

@Oltier

I dont understand your explanation for the 3rd lower nest. How exactly is it possible to get 4 charges?

@Oltier

I dont understand your explanation for the 3rd lower nest. How exactly is it possible to get 4 charges?

Basically, you don't use feathers to get down to the nests. You can acquire only 3 feathers at a time, BUT you can hold up to 4.

so:

Nest 1: you jump down, kill adds. you get a feather, so you have 3. but you have to fly up, so you use one, and 2 feathers will remain.

Nest 2: You use one feather, to get a feed young buff. (because another group is going for that nest), 1 feather remaining.

Nest 3. You JUMP DOWN as soon as the eggs spawn on the nest, and kill them. By this time, you still have one feather, from the 1st nest. Once you kill the adds here, on the 3rd, you will have 1+3=4 feathers. you will use one of them, to get up to the platform, so you will have 3 feathers after you got up. so, basically you will have one extra feather that you can use for one extra feed young buff.

with at least 1 feather it is also possible to jump down to a nest to kill the eggs and to get the feed young buff while being in a nest. to do so, you have to use a feather after ji-kun casts feed young and just hover over one mob. the buff will fly directly towards the mob and passes you, granting you its buff all while still be able to melee the adds(a charm for mDPS). after this, the feather buff falls off and you can collect a new feather, clear the rest and go up again

Edit: typos

Edited by check0790
  • Like 1

with at least 1 feather it is also possible to jump down to a nest to kill the eggs and to get the feed young buff while being in a nest. to do so, you have to use a feather after ji-kun casts feed young and just hover over one mob. the buff will fly directly towards the mob and passes you, granting you it´s buff all while still be able to melee the adds(a charm for mDPS). after this, the feather buff falls off and you can collect a new feather, clear the rest and go up again

This is exactly right, but I'd like to add 1 thing. If you can kill the birds BEFORE the feed young comes (which is quite possible with high aoe), you don't have to drop your last feather, before picking up a new-->Thus, you can get the feed young buff, while you are flying up with your refreshed wing stacks. (You should have 3 stacks remaining while flying up by this method)

• Like 1

As of 5.3, there is no Nest Guardian during Activation 10 (upper nest)

Just a reminder that you still haven't updated the Ji-Kun heroic 10-man guide to reflect this.

Edited by Gambolputty