FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Oondasta

Guest Jeff Simpson

Not exactly on topic but can you tell me what it is we're supposed to do on the Isle of Giants? Like what should take us there other than our curiosity and the hope of finding Oondasta?

Thanks

Guest Kurannan

Great guide. Don't walk into this encounter unless all people particpating are well coordinated as the nasty little beam WILL snuff packs of up to 20 people in one shot. Any solo acts thinking they are helping out can actually be the downfall- so it's worth reiterating what this guide says about making sure everyone is well informed and knows to stay spread out.

This fight is easy. Our tank solo tanked it (yes, he solo tanked it) and we ~40 manned it (the other tank died and went afk for free loot for some reason as did many other people) . Some people weren't good, but that still didn't stop us. People must be thinking it is hard, because apparently spreading out is very hard.

Guest Borborygmus

Have a probably simple question.

we (tanks) are supposed to avoid frill blast, but how can we actually do it if oondasta's face, follows us wherever we go?

when he casts it, the frontal cone will be there regardless if his face gets moved into other position? thanks

Borborygmus, Twisting Nether , horde

Is Splitfire Beam spread range 3yards or 10? The guide refers to 3 but that seems very close and everything else is saying 10.

Time to update this guy's data. His health was cut 50% and his beam now hits 99 targets, up from 20. He still only gives players shiny piles of poop. That part can be testified from many.

• Like 1

I don't even use tokens on these douchebag world bosses anymore. Galleon never gave my Warlock anything. 5 kills on alts = 5 pieces of loot. But my favorite is when I get a piece of loot worth less than the bag of gold. That is truly epic.

• Like 1

Guest Austen

Gotta correct your guide. I just did oondasta and read your tank strategy that "all tanks should avoid Frill Blast" I went to side step it and wiped the entire raid. It should say something like "Maintank should blow all Cooldowns to take the Frill Blast, other tanks should stay to the sides/beside him until its there turn to hold threat"

Guest jayd

Gotta correct your guide. I just did oondasta and read your tank strategy that "all tanks should avoid Frill Blast" I went to side step it and wiped the entire raid. It should say something like "Maintank should blow all Cooldowns to take the Frill Blast, other tanks should stay to the sides/beside him until its there turn to hold threat"

I agree with this. I tried "avoiding" it in two different fights and it doesn't work. It seems that the best strategy is to use CDs and survive through the damage.

It is also sound advice to the off-tank to stay to the side until such a time when he needs to grab aggro from main tank.