FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Durumu the Forgotten

Guest Nina

I was just looking at the achievement for this encounter, You Said Crossing The Streams Was Bad. Text says, "Reveal the Orange, Purple, and Green Fog Beasts while facing Durumu the Forgotten in Throne of Thunder on Normal or Heroic Difficulty". Did you ever accidentally or on purpose find any of these adds, and did they have the same amount of health and do the same damage as the regular reds and blues?

I was just looking at the achievement for this encounter, You Said Crossing The Streams Was Bad. Text says, "Reveal the Orange, Purple, and Green Fog Beasts while facing Durumu the Forgotten in Throne of Thunder on Normal or Heroic Difficulty". Did you ever accidentally or on purpose find any of these adds, and did they have the same amount of health and do the same damage as the regular reds and blues?

We didn't find them, and we don't really know anything about them, but we can only postulate that they are only revealed when two cones are in the same place. We'll update the guide when we know more :)

Guest Reckles

Just wanted to let everyone know my findings from watching PTR testing. Feel free to correct on live.

Taken from guild explanation:

"There is also an eyesore phase, with the Disintegration Beam. Yah, don't touch that beam. The floor turns completely purple and you take crazy damage if standing in the purple. However, there is a hidden "maze" in the purple that is only visible as the beam passes near it. So the goal is to move back and forth until you find a safe spot, and wait until the beam gets close, illuminating the maze. Then simply walk through the maze."

Concerning 6.2.2 "Things to Avoid" portion of the guide,

Overlapping different color cones during color blind doesn't increase damage.

Each color cone deals 125k damage divided by the number of players within it.

For simplicity sake, let's deal with two cones, red and blue. Players A and B are always in Red. Players C and D are always in blue. Total damage from the two cones will always be 250k.

When the two cones are not overlapping:

Player A and B each take 62.5k damage from Red

Player C and D each take 62.5k damage from Blue

Now let's say player A and B move to overlap players C and D. Red and blue still deal 125k damage each but this time it's divided by the FOUR players within them, for a total of...250k damage.

When the cones are overlapping:

Player A, B, C, and D each take 31.25k damage from Red

Player A, B, C, and D each take 31.25k damage from Blue

So if you get targeted with blue, don't move at all. And if you're red, don't worry if you need to pass through blue or yellow.

• Like 1

Both debuffs applied by Hard Stare are dispellable by regular immunity effects e.g. Divine Shield, Hand of Protection. Encounter can be tanked by one tank if a paladin with Clemency or protection paladin is available.

This is how you win this fight.

1) One person is responsible for calling out where the Blue add is. Instruct Blue beam target to go where the Blue add IS NOT.

2) One person is responsible for calling out where at least one Red add is. Instruct Red beam target to go where the Red add IS.

3) Dance through Purple stuff.

4) Intercept Drain Life.

To reiterate the color wheel phase, primary goal is to find Blue and avoid it like the plague. Finding it = wipe. Red adds need to be found quickly at the expense of crossing beams. Crossing beams is ok.

Should have 3 people in each beam (focused person + 2 assigned others). Ranged should be in Yellow if they can DPS and move (Warlocks, Hunters). Melee should be on the Red beam, and 2 people should be on the Blue beam. Recommend 3 healing, but 2 healing is doable if people don't derp.

During Purple Haze, find a nook and dance around. When you see the purple stuff start to form in a circular motion, either counterclockwise or clockwise, follow it and stand right near the wall. As the Disintegration Beam rotates, simply find the gap and be good. Use CDs incase you get caught in a bad spot. This is typically a death trap...learn to dance and you win.

Drain Life is a simple mechanic...one person will get stunned and people need to dance in front of that person for 15 seconds. He will heal for massive amounts if this beam is not interrupted frequently and methodically.

Also, avoid purple stuff on the ground not in the Purple Haze phase. The knockback is an instant kill.

• Like 1

Concerning 6.2.2 "Things to Avoid" portion of the guide,

Overlapping different color cones during color blind doesn't increase damage.

Each color cone deals 125k damage divided by the number of players within it.

For simplicity sake, let's deal with two cones, red and blue. Players A and B are always in Red. Players C and D are always in blue. Total damage from the two cones will always be 250k.

When the two cones are not overlapping:

Player A and B each take 62.5k damage from Red

Player C and D each take 62.5k damage from Blue

Now let's say player A and B move to overlap players C and D. Red and blue still deal 125k damage each but this time it's divided by the FOUR players within them, for a total of...250k damage.

When the cones are overlapping:

Player A, B, C, and D each take 31.25k damage from Red

Player A, B, C, and D each take 31.25k damage from Blue

So if you get targeted with blue, don't move at all. And if you're red, don't worry if you need to pass through blue or yellow.

Thank you very much for this! I've removed the mentions of crossing the beams being bad from the guide :)

Both debuffs applied by Hard Stare are dispellable by regular immunity effects e.g. Divine Shield, Hand of Protection. Encounter can be tanked by one tank if a paladin with Clemency or protection paladin is available.

Ok, that's very useful to know. I'll make edits to the guide to mention this. Thank you!

This is how you win this fight.

1) One person is responsible for calling out where the Blue add is. Instruct Blue beam target to go where the Blue add IS NOT.

2) One person is responsible for calling out where at least one Red add is. Instruct Red beam target to go where the Red add IS.

3) Dance through Purple stuff.

4) Intercept Drain Life.

To reiterate the color wheel phase, primary goal is to find Blue and avoid it like the plague. Finding it = wipe. Red adds need to be found quickly at the expense of crossing beams. Crossing beams is ok.

Should have 3 people in each beam (focused person + 2 assigned others). Ranged should be in Yellow if they can DPS and move (Warlocks, Hunters). Melee should be on the Red beam, and 2 people should be on the Blue beam. Recommend 3 healing, but 2 healing is doable if people don't derp.

During Purple Haze, find a nook and dance around. When you see the purple stuff start to form in a circular motion, either counterclockwise or clockwise, follow it and stand right near the wall. As the Disintegration Beam rotates, simply find the gap and be good. Use CDs incase you get caught in a bad spot. This is typically a death trap...learn to dance and you win.

Drain Life is a simple mechanic...one person will get stunned and people need to dance in front of that person for 15 seconds. He will heal for massive amounts if this beam is not interrupted frequently and methodically.

Also, avoid purple stuff on the ground not in the Purple Haze phase. The knockback is an instant kill.

I don't know how I missed the blue flash indicating where the Azure Fog is! I'm going to make some edits based on this. Thank you, Zagam!

I would like to also note that there is an add that corresponds with each beam. The fact that you need to have two beams to locate an add is false. Just take the red beam around until you find three red adds, and nuke them. You are not required to have two beams to locate an add. Blue add gets found, its a wipe. When the blue add dies, it immediately respawns.

For Heroic, it adds ice pillars that chain and make ice walls. To break the ice wall, you must dps down the pillars that correspond with a particular wall.

I hope this helps a small aspect of a fun fight Posted Image

I would like to also note that there is an add that corresponds with each beam. The fact that you need to have two beams to locate an add is false.

Could you specify the location where you found this information? It is indeed false, but when I was looking for it in the guide, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Could you specify the location where you found this information? It is indeed false, but when I was looking for it in the guide, I couldn't find it anywhere.

The only reason you need to use 2 beams to find a specific add is for the Achievement for this boss: spell_nature_elementalprecision_1.jpgYou Said Crossing the Streams Was Bad

Some notes.

1) the reason the knockback is fatal from Force of Will is b/c it knocks you off the platform, and the water moat is poisonous instant kill. (if a priest sees someone not moving out, you CAN life grip them even if they are in mid air as it is the landing in the water that is fatal.)

2) important missing fact is that the 3 color beams leave a stacking debuff on players... then they receive more dmg from THAT color beam in the future. there are 3 different debuffs, one for each beam.

In 25 man, we found we just had the yellow and blue group swap once to reduce dmg and that was enough, rest of people just took their same assigned color every time.

3) as mentioned b4 by Zagam, people in yellow should be those that can move while performing tasks best - not a generic 'range' (as A boomkin I suck in yellow.)

4) yellow beam could use a bit of clarification in normal.. that it is JUST extra dmg, I kept looking for the section of what to do with Yellow beam.

5) mentioning to people about Radial movement.. closer to boss = less movement = faster finding of the frogs if red, or more stationary actions if yellow.

In 25 man, if a melee is targeted by RED beam, it doesn't pay for them to go attack the frog, it is better if they just stay on boss instead of running up and down the length of the beam to attack the frog. This lets them turn the beam faster = end the annoying phase faster.

6) in the disintegration phase... you will need to tweak your graphic settings. I had to LOWER some settings and raise others so that I could differentiate the safe/unsafe spots in the swilling mist.

7) swilling mist in disintegration phase - it CAN move closer to the boss and towards the outer wall w/o moving 'left/right'. This is extremely important to note when it is FIRST starting to move (when the BEAM OF DEATH is about to touch you.) as often your original 'safe' spot becomes unsafe before the beam has gotten to you.

We found most of our deaths in this phase happen in the first 3-4 seconds of when the beam is close to touching you for the first time... people want to move when the beam is 5 yards away, and the mist hasn't opened up yet... just stay calm and then move. once you get that first opening (it can sometimes be towards the wall!) it gets MUCH easier.

I'm pretty sure it's nowhere in the guide, nor was it ever, since I was never under that impression :)

We tried this boss yesterday and the mist phase is pretty annoying. We all know what to do but first 3-4 seconds are just RNG. We stack near boss, the place seems safe as there is no mist on it and then 1 second later it is full of mist and the other spot is considered safe. In my opinion this is just stupid. Either the maze should appear faster and you have 2 sec to adjust your position before it deals dmg or there should be some indication at start where the safe spot will be. Cause after you locate it, moving is no such a big deal.

We tried this boss yesterday and the mist phase is pretty annoying. We all know what to do but first 3-4 seconds are just RNG. We stack near boss, the place seems safe as there is no mist on it and then 1 second later it is full of mist and the other spot is considered safe. In my opinion this is just stupid. Either the maze should appear faster and you have 2 sec to adjust your position before it deals dmg or there should be some indication at start where the safe spot will be. Cause after you locate it, moving is no such a big deal.

There is a way to tell where to move to for the mist phase. Basically as you stand in front of the boss the mist will start to form on the left or right side of him. Which ever side it starts to come from, that is the side you need to stack. Then you wait for the area you are stacking and go back or forth depending where it spawns.

Here is a video with my PoV that might help. The maze phase starts around the 2:20 mark.

Guest Jane Doe

Wow, how can you actually still see things?

Your UI looks so crowded Ö.ö

But gratz to your kill ^^

We know at which side of beam to stack. Problem is that we had few tries where there is no mist in our position and then when the beam starts it switches either closer or further from boss and when we move to this new safe zone 1-2 ppl die from mist dmg.

What I think needs to be done is for the mist to form faster, give 1-2 sec before its start damaging and boss circling around. Because I have already read countless topics where ppl complain that first few seconds are the worst and its not cause ppl dont understand the tactic, just cause its poorly made.

Just to sum up. The worst moment is when u stack near the boss wait for him to start circling and the mist is covering the whole room. We even had 1-2 tries where the path near the boss (there are 2, one is close to the boss and other is on outer ring of the platform) was fully covered by mist and only after 1-3 sec the path starts to reveal leading to few ppl dying. On the wow forums they advise to lower particles and texture levels. We will try that today.

Guest onaiecm about

Getting down the dance wasn't too bad, the easiest way is to position yourself a little back from the first area of eye sores that spawn wait for a patch. Some people say to get right up next to that first patch that spawns, but I have seen where the patch actually forms a little behind it right as the beam is catching up to it. Also, the back path is SOOO much easier... keep in mind though someone needs to stay in melee range because if not, at the end of the phase he will hit everyone with, whatever it's called. Once we got the dance down, the hardest part was the second cone phase and dealing with Drain Life... we just have to be aware of who get's targeted for it. Blue cone is obviously the best RNG you could get, with yellow being the worst. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on ways to deal with Drain Life during that phase?

Wow, how can you actually still see things?

Your UI looks so crowded Ö.ö

But gratz to your kill ^^

I get told that all the time, and unfortunately the simple answer is that I just know where everything is, so I can adjust. lol There are a couple things I could adjust i suppose, one being not showing every single debuff on my target... lol

I'm just curious since not doing this boss encounter got the best of me, but what if a person that got chosen for the Colorblind beam dies?(I'm not talking about a specific beam if it happens) i.e got one shot, knocked off the platform or die from the Force of Will or the other mechanics? Does a raid wipe fall into place after or does he automatically chooses another person to be a beam?

Thanks! Posted Image

Edited by Auyssaelre

Guest Voodoodog

Has anyone else noticed that aside from the red and blue brief flashes that indicate where the fog beasts are, there is also a 5th flash similar to others, but white? What's up with that?

Guest Bird

Just noticed that in the video the eye sore safe locations are incredibly clear, are there any particular graphics settings you are using to highlight them more, as most of our guild is having trouble finding safe locations.

Just noticed that in the video the eye sore safe locations are incredibly clear, are there any particular graphics settings you are using to highlight them more, as most of our guild is having trouble finding safe locations.

He's right. The Priest in the video has really clear cut graphics for the eye sores.

Guest Ivaria

I found this animated GIF which I feel is the best explanation of how to start the maze phase without taking any damage. Prior to this we would just stack absorbs to soak the first damage tick or two as the raid adjusted into the safe zone when the final piece of the maze pie spawns. I would highly recommend linking this GIF as a part of the guide. It was a huge help to us.

Posted Image

It looks like the stacking debuffs from each beam do not fall off between colorblind phases. This means that each group of players assigned to a beam will take progressively more damage throughout the fight if they always stand in the same color. Is it advisable to rotate these players to reduce damage in each phase?