wow Mount Series: Obtaining the 300 Mounts Achievement (Part 1)

4 posts in this topic

Our new WoW series on mounts has begun!

Our new WoW series has just started! Check out our first installment in this mount collector's series, where we will detail the different and fastest ways to collect 300 mounts.

The Artifact Series has now come to a close and we are ready to get going on the next series! Welcome to the "Road to 300", where we will take you step by step through the different ways of obtaining every mount in the game, the fastest routes to farm them and everything you can do to speed up your runs. In this introductory post, we're going to be looking at the best ways for you to prepare before embarking on this journey.
I'd like to put out a PSA and inform you all that you cannot expect to farm these mounts overnight. You will have to throw everything you have into this, spending time, effort and huge amounts of currency on the mounts. You might even have to throw your computer at it too. I came pretty close!
The first rule of any mount collector is to understand RNG. I could describe to you all the various statistics of mount collecting, but I think an example might illustrate my point better. As an avid mount collector, I hunted Invincible's Reins for an extremely long time. The mount did eventually drop on my 512th run and I was overjoyed. The fact that it took 512 runs, 16 characters and so much time shows exactly what RNG is. It's random.
There is no way to guarantee the drops of mounts from raids. Doing a backflip and running through the door sideways on the way to the Lich King won't make the mount drop. These are nothing but superstitions started by one individual in the community who did it and made the mount drop.
RNG is RNG. The only thing you can do to fight RNG is give yourself as many chances as possible against it. This leads us on to the first topic of conversation for today's article: characters and classes.

Series Posts 

You can check out the rest of the series below:

Characters for Mount Farming 

I cannot stress how important this part is. As I stated above, RNG can be an incredibly unfair thing. You need to have as many characters as possible to farm with, so that you give yourself the maximum number of opportunities each week.
I'm sure you're thinking something along the lines of: I don't have time to level all my characters to 100, what's wrong with this guy?
That's the beauty of it. You don't need mount farming characters to be level 100. Let's take Icecrown Citadel as an example. There is no need to go and level a character to 100 if a level 90 can do the same thing, but slightly slower. It's important to understand which instances and raids can be completed by different classes. This also applies to certain fights within raids, for example Alysrazor in Firelands. The buff there allows some level 85s to solo the boss, but they would struggle on other bosses.
Understand your limitations, but also understand what is necessary and what isn't. If you want to farm Throne of Thunder, I can understand leveling to level 100, but there is no need to do so for farming lower level raids. This can also apply to dailies, such as at the Argent Tournament, where level 80s can easily complete them.
Now that we've discussed level, let's take a look at the other half of the discussion: class.

Best Classes for Mount Farming 

This is an interesting topic because quite a few of the classes shine in very different ways. The first class I'll cover is the Death Knight, since they are extremely unique in their ability to solo.
The Death Knight is an amazing class for mount farming since you can roll them on different servers at level 55, meaning they can be leveled way faster than other classes. They are excellent at soloing, meaning you can only level them to 85-90 and still comfortably solo many raids. On the other hand, they are extremely weak for speed farming. The class is incredibly slow in regards to movement speed, so you'll need to look elsewhere for this. I'd recommend a Rogue, especially when it comes to farming dungeons. The Rogues have an incredible ability for speed farming with the use of ability_stealth.jpgStealth and rogue_burstofspeed.jpgBurst of Speed.
I would strongly recommend any serious mount farmer rolls some form of Rogue alt, since they are simply unparalleled in their ability to farm dungeons such as Stratholme, Stonecore or Vortex Pinnacle. They also can skip large areas of raids, such as Ulduar or Black Temple via the use of ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpgShadowstep.
You can also use a Mage, due to the added bonus of their teleports. It's important to note, however, that there are a number of items that can help with this. We'll detail these items later in this post.
The other classes that I would recommend rolling are Warlocks and Hunters, due to their ability to pet tank bosses, but there is of course the problem of leveling them. If you are serious about mount farming, I would recommend just leveling multiple Death Knights as fast as you can, getting 1 Rogue to 100 and then farming!
When Legion releases, Demon Hunters will be the class to roll, since they will enter the world (after their starting zone) at level 100, meaning they can already solo most raids. They use a tank spec with decent toughness, so there should be no issues there. 
Now that you've got your levels and classes sorted, let's take a look at some of the gearing options you've got for your characters!

Gearing Characters for Mount Farming 

There are a few tricks you can use to ensure your characters are suitably geared in order to start farming. Make sure you follow these for each character to ensure that you can farm to the maximum potential:

• Always remember to purchase the overpowered Bind-on-Equip gear for certain levels, for example, inv_axe_2h_draenorcrafted_d_01_a.jpgSteelforged Greataxe on a level 91 Death Knight can cause some serious damage.
  • The old Justice Points vendors can be extremely useful, since they sell normal level gear that is still good. For example, a level 85 Death Knight used to solo Utgarde Pinnacle can fill their slots with 397 gear from the vendors.
  • Tag along with any group going to raids at your level. If you have a friend to help it's even better. You'd be amazed how powerful some of the Heroic/Mythic trinkets can be and you'll have no competition for them from the higher levels. The same can be said for some of the older tier sets, such as the Throne of Thunder set for Protection Warriors, which allows them to heal through the constant use of Victory Rush in combat.
  • As a level 90-91 character, the Timeless Isle can provide a good basis to build gear from, since it still provides plenty of 496-535 gear. It can be an easy way to fill some of your less important slots.

So, you've got your gear, classes and leveling sorted. Let's take a look at how you're going to be getting around the world in order to start farming!

Modes of Transport

We're going to start this off by looking at the various portals and transport vehicles you should be aware of in order to properly mount farm. There are a number of them that can really cut down on your travel time, such as:

• The capital city portals in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, as well as portals to Shattrath and Dalaran.
  • The Blasted Lands portal, located in either the Mage Tower in Stormwind or the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar. This provides quick access to both Karazhan and Zul'Gurub.
  • The Caverns of Time portal in Dalaran, which provides quick access to Dragon Soul. You can also fly up from here to reach Onyxia's Lair as Alliance.
  • You can also teleport to the Caverns of Time by speaking to Zephyr in Shattrath City. You need to be revered with the Keepers of Time for this.
  • Mages can provide portals to Theramore, a quicker route to Onyxia for Alliance, or Stonard.
  • They can also provide a portal to the old location of Dalaran in the Hillsbrad Foothills.
  • All of your Challenge Mode teleports (should you have done them) will allow you to teleport around the world.
  • Death Knights can bring themselves to the Eastern Plaguelands, very close to Stratholme.
  • There are boats to Theramore and Howling Fjord from Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands.
  • Ratchet provides boats to Booty Bay.

As I'm sure you can see, the list of portals and boats, zeppelins and flight paths really does go on. There are a lot more, but they are very well known to most players. I'd like to instead cover the items that can teleport you around, since many players are actually unaware of these items. I'll warn you all, these can cost a lot of gold, so be prepared to spend a lot if you want them. I personally have all of them on my main character and it saves a great deal of time.

As you can see, there are plenty of items for you to collect when attempting to travel around the world quickly. You don't need all of them, but they can be incredibly useful when it comes to mount farming, since they can cut down your travel time immensely. Get what you can and use them.

Group Farming - Is it needed? 

For some of the mounts that you're going to be farming, you will need groups. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that you are going to solo achievement_boss_hellfire_zone.jpgGlory of the Hellfire Raider. Blizzard are actually making a step towards ensuring that old achievements are soloable by removing achievements from the older metas. You can read more about this here
If you refuse to play with others, you'll find yourself making this entire ordeal a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Work with others when you can, as long as it won't affect your drop rates unless necessary. There's no point trying to solo a set of achievements if you could have brought a few friends and made it 10 times quicker.
Group farming can also be beneficial when you need to farm a reputation for the mount, such as with Emperor Shaohao and the inv_pandarenserpentgodmount_gold.jpgReins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent.

You are [deleted] prepared! 

Illidan can't believe how quickly you became prepared.

We've had to modify his words slightly, but hopefully you're feeling prepared to go on this journey! In the future, we will present videos along with the text to ensure you are kept well informed along our trip together. Despite them removing achievement_general_dungeondiplomat.jpgHolding Hands from inv_misc_demonsoul.jpgGlory of the Dragon Soul Raider, we can hold hands and embark on this together! The Road to 300 begins.

1 person likes this

Looking forward for the rest of the series.  Currently sitting at 136 mount and a little lost as to where to start my grind to 300.  

Looking forward for the rest of the series.  Currently sitting at 136 mount and a little lost as to where to start my grind to 300.  

The next portion of the series should be releasing sometime this week, keep an eye out for it in the featured banner! It'll be the Dungeons and Raids section, it's a pretty huge task so it has taken some time.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      J. Allen Brack gives us an update on the Classic Server situation.
      It would seem that among all the great news coming with patch 7.1, some bad news snuck in as well (at least for some players). After the big recent uproar over Classic Servers and whether Blizzard will ever make them available to players, it seems we'll have to wait for any news regarding their eventual availability (or lack thereof) until after Blizzcon.
      J. Allen Brack
      Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team In case you missed the whole story behind why this topic has been around so much recently, here's a quick summary:
      It all started with Blizzard shutting down the Nostalrius "Private" server since it was illegal, but because it and others like it are the only way players can play in Vanilla conditions, there was an outcry from its fans.  Blizzard decided to meet with the Nostalrius team and talk about the issue, after a pretty large petition was signed in favor of Vanilla/Classic servers being made official options for WoW. Then former Wow lead developer Mark Kern also got involved, drafting a letter and personally delivering the printed out petition to Mike Morhaime and had a meeting on the subject.
      The end result of all of that was a "we will see/we are looking into it" message from Blizzard, and more specifically a lot of mentions of "pristine" servers, aka servers with all the XP buffs that have accumulated throughout the expansions removed.  So, we'll have to wait a bit longer for any resolution on the matter, but the subject is always a controversial one, as any mention of "how good Vanilla was" gets interpreted as an attack on the game as it is now, camps form up and it starts getting ugly.
    • By Stan
      Learn everything about Patch 7.1 in our own Survival Guide!
      In preparation for the 7.1 release, we've been busy working around the clock to preview everything what the new patch contains. Here's our own survival guide!
      Full Patch Notes are available here.
      Alt-Friendly Changes No need to be Friendly to unlock World Quests. Falcosaur Pets & Mounts A new rare breed of falcosaurs can be adopted as pets. New Adventures in the Broken Isles New pets to earn, Alcaz Isle is getting new content, hunters will be able to tame mechanospiders. Professions
      Blood of Sargeras Trader & New Profession Recipes Preview of the trader along with new recipes for your profession to pick up. Raids
      Trial of Valor New world quests, encounter previews, loot tables. Karazhan Is making a glorious return as a 5-player "raid". Encounters & loot tables. Nightbane 9th Boss Rumor has it that Karazhan will feature Nightbane as a secret boss. Quests
      Illidan's Story Illidan's story continues to unravel with two new quests. Suramar Campaign Quests Suramar is in danger and the elven races must unite for a common purpose. PvP
      PvP Reward Changes Many reward changes are coming in the latest patch. Nagrand Arena Visual Update Nagrand Arena receives a facelift. Reputations
      Talon's Vengeance Preview of the new PvP reputation in the Broken Isles, including rewards. Misc
      Action Camera Returning The Action Camera makes a glorious return!
    • By Stan
      Patch 7.1 goes live tomorrow and here are the full Patch Notes.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Blood Icebound Fortitude has returned, reducing damage taken by the Death Knight by 30% (remains at 20% for Frost Death Knights). Frost Frozen Pulse now triggers if you have fewer than 2 full Runes (was 1). Frozen Pulse damage reduced to 60% of Attack Power (was 72%). Glacial Advance now hits targets in melee range more reliably. Razorice now increases Frost damage by 3% per stack (was 2%). Obliterate damage increased by 20%. Howling Blast damage increased by 50%. Unholy Death Coil damage increased by 50%. DEMON HUNTER
      Agonizing Flames damage bonus to Immolation Aura reduced to 30% (was 50%). Felblade is now usable against targets in melee range even if the Demon Hunter is rooted. Distance from which Soul Fragments can be used for Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, and Spirit Bomb has been increased to 25 yards (was 20 yards). Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput. Spirit Bomb healing from damage increased to 15% (was 10%). Soul Barrier now lasts 12 seconds (was 8 seconds). Abilities learned have been spaced out: Sigil of Silence – Level 101 Empower Wards – Level 103 Sigil of Misery – Level 105 DRUID
      Mastery: Harmony now includes Frenzied Regeneration. Ysera's Gift will only heal party or raid members. Living Seed now copies 25% of the crit heal (was 50%). Seeds of the World Tree now increases that amount by 8%/point (was 10%). Owlkin Frenzy will now only affect Lunar Strike (and not Solar Wrath or Stellar Flare). Swiftmend healing increased to 770% of Spell Power (was 700%). (Balance, Guardian, Feral) Druids how have Regrowth in place of Healing Touch. Regrowth is castable in Moonkin Form. Talents, artifact traits, and legendaries have been updated to affect Regrowth where appropriate. (Restoration) Regrowth has 40% additional chance to crit (was 60%). Activating Incarnation no longer triggers a global cooldown for any spec. Incarnation: Chosen of Elune once again provides the armored Moonkin model. Galactic Guardian: Now causes Moonfire to generate 10 Rage (was 15). Now increases its direct damage by 300%. Now has a spell alert. Guardian Thick Hide now reduces damage taken by 6% (was 10%). Restoration Prosperity now reduces your Swiftmend cooldown by 3 seconds (was 5 seconds). Cultivation healing increased by 20%. HUNTER
      Track Mechanicals granted to all gnome and goblin hunters, as well as any hunter who uses the Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix. Posthaste now lasts 5 seconds (was 8 seconds). Vulnerable now increases damage by 50% (was 25%), stacking up to 2 times (was 3 times). New Hunter talent (replacing Dash): Trailblazer: Your movement speed is increased by 25% anytime you have not attacked for 3 seconds. Survival Raptor Strike damage increased by 100%. Carve damage increased by 150%. Butchery damage increased by 35%. Throwing Axes damage increased by 25%. Animal Instincts has been redesigned: Flanking Strike now also reduces the remaining cooldown of a random one of the following abilities: Flanking Strike Mongoose Bite Aspect of the Eagle Harpoon MAGE
      Arcane Arcane Blast damage increased by 17%. Arcane Missles damage increased by 17%. Arcane Orb damage increased by 17%. Arcane Charges now increase mana costs by 125% (was 100%). Fire Pyroblast damage reduced by 6%. Flamestrike damage increased by 15%. Aftershocks damage increased by 15%. Frost Brain Freeze now also increases the damage of your next Flurry by 50%. Waterbolt damage increased by 25%. Water Jet damage increased by 100%. Lonely Winter now increases the damage of affected spells by 25% (was 20%). Flurry damage increased by 5%. Ice Lance damage increased by 5%. Frostbolt damage increased by 5%. Ray of Frost damage increased by 5%. Frost Bomb damage increased by 5%. Comet Storm damage increased by 5%. Ebonbolt damage increased by 5%. Frozen Orb damage increased by 5%. Blizzard damage increased by 10%. MONK
      Effuse now heals for 250% of attack power (was 200%). (Windwalker, Brewmaster) Crackling Jade Lightning now costs 20 Energy, plus 20 Energy per second. Brewmaster Brewmaster Monks now gain 15% additional Armor from gear. Brew-Stache now lasts 4.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds). Mistweaver Sheilun’s Gift now activates Soothing Mist. Chi-Ji Crane Heal now heals for 135% of spell power (was 150%). Soothing Mist now heals for 64% of spell power per tick (was 55%). PALADIN
      Retribution Aura no longer ignores tanks (including self). Flash of Light now heals 450% of spell power (was 425%) and costs 18% of base mana (was 16%). Holy The Rule of Law talent now increases the radius of Tyr’s Deliverance by 50%. Light’s Hammer now costs 35% of base mana (was 40%). Sanctified Wrath now extends Avenging Wrath by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds). Retribution Holy Wrath now deals 200% of your missing health in damage to 4 nearby enemies, up to 120% of your maximum health. Blade of Wrath has been redesigned: (Passive) Your auto attacks have a chance to reset the cooldown of Blade of Justice. Protection First Avenger: Avenger’s Shield now add +50% damage to the first target, and +10% Grand Crusader proc chance. Bastion of Light now has a 2-minute cooldown (was 3 minutes). Crusader’s Judgment now has 2 charges, and Grand Crusader now also grants a charge of Judgment. PRIEST
      Mindbender now returns 0.5% of your mana per tick (was 0.75%). Discipline Power Word: Solace now returns 1% of your mana per tick (was 0.75%). Clarity of Will’s cast time is now 2.0 seconds (was 2.5 seconds). Contrition now increases Atonement by 3 seconds (was 2 seconds). Holy Renew healing increased to 62% of spell power (was 55%). Desperate Prayer now heals and increases health by 30% (was 20%). Divinity now lasts 6 seconds (was 8 seconds). Heal now heals for 500% of spell power (was 475%). Prayer of Mending now heals for 175% of spell power (was 150%). Prayer of Mending now avoids jumping to targets that already have Prayer of Mending, if possible. Binding Heal now costs 2.5% of mana (was 3.0%). Holy Fire damage increased to 200% of spell power (was 150%). Shadow Arcane Torrent now generates 15 Insanity. Power Word: Shield cost increased by 51%. Shadowform has returned as a new spell for Shadow Priests: Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage dealt by 10%, and reducing your Physical damage taken by 10%. You may not cast any Holy spells while in this form. The shadowy visual is now tied to Shadowform. Voidform now acts to intensify Shadowform. It automatically triggers Shadowform if not already active, and you gain the effects of both. When Voidform ends, you return to Shadowform. The damage of all Shadow Priest abilities has been reduced to compensate for this, resulting in no net gain or loss of damage. ROGUE
      Kingsbane now generates 1 combo point. Hemorrhage, Marked for Death, and Ghostly Strike show up on the caster's nameplates. The cast time for all Assassination poisons has been reduced to 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds). Outlaw Saber Slash damage increased by 10%. Pistol Shot damage increased by 10%. Ghostly Strike damage increased by 10%. Blunderbuss damage increased by 10%. SHAMAN
      Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits now all have totem timers. Earthquake Totem has been renamed to Earthquake and no longer summons a totem. Torrent now provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 40%). Elemental Earth Shock damage increased by 15%. Frost Shock damage increased by 15%. Stormkeeper now also makes the affected Lightning Bolts and Chain Lightning instant. Stormkeeper now has a 1.5 second cast time. WARLOCK
      Demon Skin and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations. Devour Magic has returned for Felhunters. Doomguard’s Doom Bolts damage increased by 13%. Affliction Unstable Affliction now afflicts a target with up to 5 Unstable Afflictions at once. Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times. Soul Effigy is now immune to AOE damage. Agony damage increased by 5%. Unstable Affliction damage increased by 5%. Siphon Life damage increased by 5%. Drain Life damage increased by 5%. Drain Soul damage increased. Phantom Singularity damage increased by 5%. Corruption damage increased by 10%. Demonology Demonwrath now generates Soul Shards more consistently. Demonic Empowerment now increases health by 20% (was 50%). Thal’kiel’s consumption deals damage equal to 8% of pet health (from 6%). WARRIOR
      Inspiring Presence now affects party and raid members only. Hamstring is now on the global cooldown, and can once again trigger Tactician. Bladestorm damage increased by 8% for all specs. Fury Raging Blow damage increased by 8%. Rampage damage increased by 8%. Execute damage increased by 8%. Bloodthirst damage increased by 8%. Odyn’s Fury damage increased by 8%. Furious Slash damage increased by 8%. Dragon Roar damage increased by 8%. Ravager damage increased by 8%. Enrage now increases damage taken by 20% (was 30%). Warpaint now modifies the Enrage damage taken increase to 15%. ITEMS
      The following items now disable their effects rather than cancel the entire buff when leaving the Broken Isles: Bloodtotem Saddle Blanket Leystone Hoofplates Demonsteel Stirrups The damage effects from the following trinkets should no longer hit targets that are crowd-controlled: Six-Feather Fan Terrorbound Nexus Caged Horror Twisting Wind Emerald Nightmare trinkets Ravaged Seed Pod’s damage increased by 20%. Nature’s Call cone attack damage increased by 40%. Unstable Horrorslime’s damage increased by 20%. Bough of Corruption’s damage increased by 10%. Horn of Cenrius’s healing increased by 10%. Unbridled Fury’s duration increased by 5 seconds, and its armor and health bonuses increased by 10%. Swarming Plaguehive can now also drop for Shaman whose loot specialization is set to Enhancement. LEGION COMPANION APP
      Bounty information has been added to World Quest tooltips. Added filter options on the map for active bounties. Items received from completed Work Orders are now shown. Performance improvements. Bug fixes. LEVELING
      In this patch, a large number of changes are made to improve the order and flow of abilities gained while leveling all classes.
      In many cases, the level 1-10 abilities that introduce the class have changed. Many special bonuses and features for class abilities are now granted by upgrades that are learned at a later level. This applies to every spec for every class other than Death Knights and Demon Hunters. Examples: Druids below level 10 now use Wrath and Moonfire as their primary damage abilities, rather than Shred and Ferocious Bite. While Smite will still be the first spell given to Priests at level 1, the added absorb shield effect will be an upgrade learned by Discipline at level 36, as the purpose of that effect is to add to healing in group content. Rogues will start leveling with an ability that attacks with one weapon and generates one combo point. Rogues who choose Assassination specialization will replace that ability with Mutilate at level 40. NEW WORLD EVENT
      Return to Alcaz Isle – Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes Get to the bottom of Dr. Weavil’s insidious plans on Alcaz Isle. Rewards include the Big Red Ray toy for everyone and tamable mechanical spiders for Hunters. PET BATTLES
      Raiding with Leashes IV Delve into Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, and Ice Crown Citadel in search of rare pets and the chance to do battle with a new Celestial foe! PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
      Nagrand Arena has received a significant visual update. Honor System
      Honor talents will no longer be lost when a player chooses to Prestige. Players will receive gold or artifact power in lieu of honor talents at higher prestige levels. Rewards
      The Item Levels of PvP gear rewards now scale as World Quest gear rewards scale, and PvP gear rewards can be Titanforged, Warforged, socketed, or include tertiary stats. Players will no longer receive a bonus piece of gear based on their rating for the first two wins in each rated bracket (2v2, 3v3, 10v10). Players will now receive a bonus piece of gear based on their best rating from the previous week for each rated bracket (2v2, 3v3, 10v10). Bonus gear will be of the “Gladiator” type at PvP ratings below 2000, and of the “Elite” type at PvP ratings above 2000. The first victory of the day bonus now includes a large Artifact Power reward. The reward increase for your first victory of the day has been extended to all brackets: Skirmishes, 2v2 Arenas, 3v3 Arenas, and Rated Battlegrounds. Artifact Power rewards have been increased. HONOR TALENTS
      Frost The two bottom rows of Death Knight Honor Talents have been significantly redesigned: Choose one of: Deathchill, Frozen Center, or Delirium Choose one of: Tundra Stalker, Overpowered Rune Weapon, Chill Streak Chill Streak Damage increased, cooldown reduced to 45 seconds (was 60 seconds). Remorseless Winter’s snare now cannot be dispelled. Unholy Unholy Mutation duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 12 seconds). DRUID
      Many talents have changed positions in the Druid Honor Talent tree. Pouncing Strikes now affects Maim and Rip, but no longer affects Rake. Pouncing Strikes no longer causes you to leap towards the target. Tranquility now heals for double the amount in PvP. Disentanglement now causes Efflorescence to remove all snare effects from friendly targets when it heals. Thorns now deals 5% of the attacker’s total health in Nature damage. Nourish has been re-designed: Reduces the cast time of Healing Touch by 0.5 seconds and automatically applies one of your missing healing-over-time spells to the target. If all of them are present, Healing Touch critically heals. MONK
      Fast Feet now also reduces the duration of snares by 20%. Brewmaster Yulon’s Gift has been replaced with Niuzao’s Essence. Casting Purifying Brew now dispels all snare effects. Mighty Ox Kick cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 60 seconds). Mistweaver Refreshing Breeze now refreshes the duration of Essence Font on targets rather than Renewing Mist. The Soothing Mist from Ancient Mistweaver Arts mana cost reduced, and healing increased slightly. Dome of Mist duration increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds). Fortune Turned healing bonus increased to 50% per stack for 2 stacks (was 15% per stack for 3 stacks). Healing Sphere healing increased by about 40%, and its cooldown reduced from to 45 seconds (was 60 seconds). Windwalker Grapple Weapon is a sixth tier Honor Talent. Disarms the enemy for 6 seconds, with a 60 second cooldown. Spinning Fire Blossom generates 1 Chi, costs 50 Energy. Spinning Fire Blossom is now affected by Mastery: Combo Strikes. Heavy-Handed Strikes now causes Fists of Fury to reduce the movement speed of targets by 70% for 2 seconds each time it deals damage. Heavy-handed Strikes has been moved to the sixth tier. The first tick of Fists of Fury will knock down and stun targets. Zen Meditation has been replaced by Zen Moment: Costs 5 Chi. Has a 45 second cooldown and a 10 second duration. Reduces damage taken by 20%, increases healing taken by 20%. Each attack that triggers Combo Strikes (in non-consecutive ability use) reduces the effect by 5%.  Zen Moment fades if it reaches 0%. Whirling Kicks has been replaced by Control of Mists: Every 20 seconds, Effuse is instant-cast. You gain a Control of Mists debuff with a 20 second duration after casting Effuse instantly. Each Chi spent while Control of Mists debuff is active will reduce its remaining duration by 1 second. Yulon’s Gift now only affects Flying Serpent Kick. Rushing Tiger Palm has been replaced with Disabling Reach: Disabling Reach now increases the range of Disable by 7 yards. PALADIN
      Retribution Vengeance Aura now only affects targets who have your Greater Blessings. SHAMAN
      Restoration The Honor Talent version of Spirit Link cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 60 seconds). Earth Shield’s protection now activates when the target takes an attack equal to 6% of their total health (was 10%). WARLOCK
      Destruction Multiple Honor Talents have changed positions in the Honor Talent tree. Cremation has been redesigned: Cremation now makes Immolate an instant cast, and Conflagrate deals an additional 8% of the target’s total health in Fire damage. New Honor Talent: Focused Chaos Focused Chaos increases the damage of your Chaos Bolt by 200%, but it no longer is also cast on your targets afflicted by your Havoc. New Honor Talent: Entrenched in Flame Conflagrate roots targets until cancelled. This effect is not broken by damage. Bane of Havoc no longer replaces Havoc, and both can be used. PROFESSIONS
      Blood of Sargeras Illnea Bloodthorn now sells valuable materials: 5 Felslates can be purchased for 1 Blood of Sargeras. 3 Starlight Roses can be purchased for 1 Blood of Sargeras. 3 Leylight Shards can be purchased for 1 Blood of Sargeras. 20 Unbroken Claws or Unbroken Teeth can be purchased for 1 Blood of Sargeras. All other items sold in lots of 10 for 1 Blood of Sargeras. Cooking Nomi now has a chance to drop Slightly Burned Food instead of Badly Burned Food. Nomi will now always return 1 of the meat you gave him. Nomi can now teach tier 3 recipes such as Nightborne Delicacy Platter, even if you don’t know a required precedent tier 2 recipe, such as Barracuda Mrglgagh. Fishing Extended the base duration of the following bait buffs to 5 minutes: Blessing of the Thistleleaf (Val’sharah) Salmon Lure (Highmountain) Ravenous Flyfishing (Oceanic) A bait duration extension has been added to the Confused Seerspine Murloc (Suramar). USER INTERFACE
      Addons and Macros Nameplate options made less confusing. Addons can no longer access the positions for player, party, and raid members in instances. Addons can no longer perform actions on nameplate tokens. The icons in the icon picker for macros and guild bank tabs are larger. New macro conditions for “reticle” spells: @cursor and @player.  
      Items Set pieces are now called out in the personal loot banner. A transmogrification chat message is now displayed whenever any bind-on-equip item becomes bound to you. In mail, a player’s other characters have been added to the auto-complete list. There is now a confirmation dialog box when sending gold or items through mail and trade.  
      Maps and Questing Flight map now shows party and raid members as well as all turn-in quests and your mini-map yellow arrow quest. Clicking on the dungeon/raid icon on the world map will open the Dungeon Journal. So that you can now see what you are on top of, Player icon on World map no longer has a tooltip. Honor rewards now appear on World Quest tooltips. Added Auction House sorting by unit price and buyout. World quests Bonus Objectives will now always show in the tracker, even if you have a lot of tracked quests. When you click on an emissary button on the world map, the map now moves to a zone with an uncompleted World Quest for that emissary. World quests can be filtered by reward.  
      Social and Grouping Added support for new Quick Join system. You can now show the in-raid self-highlight without a circle. Group Finder now shows raid and wing names in the LFR dropdown and tooltips.  
      Miscellaneous Improvements made to how the UI scaling work better with 4K monitors. Now allowing for scaling of the cursor for 4K monitors. Added new “For the Horde” and “For the Alliance” emotes. (Source)
    • By Stan
      I had this new gold flipping idea today that involves the Spirit of Harmony Trader Danky. He offers a variety of MoP reagents and you can buy Spirit of Harmony in the Auction House.
      For this method, I was comparing prices of my realm, which is US-Illidan (Oct 24)
      Filtering the Goods
      First of all, Spirit of Harmony needs to be up in the Auction House for a reasonable price. I got 1x for 150g, which is perfectly fine.
      I've checked my realm for goods offered by the vendor in exchange for a single Spirit of Harmony and found that I will be operating with the following:
      Green color indicates profit per 1x Spirit of Harmony spent (given I've purchased one for 150g).
      Red color indicates current prices of exchanged goods on my realm US-Illidan (in case I'd decide to sell right away).
      5x Black Trillium Ore (46.43g/pc)*5 > 232.15g (+81.15g) 5x White Trillium Ore (38.75g/pc)*5 > 193.75g (+43,75g) 20x Ghost Iron Ore (6.75g/pc) I have Mining, so I'm smelting them into 10x Ghost Iron Bars (23.49g/pc) > 234.9g (+84.9g). Note that the vendor sells a lot of other goods and its up to you to compare your realm's prices to what is worth your exchange. Like, for me, spending spirits on 20x Kyparite is a bad idea, because I've bought a Spirit of Harmony for 150g and the twenty ores are priced 2.7g each.
      What Next?
      Good question. I've been doing a little research on what is and isn't worth it. I came to the following conclusions:
      Prospecting the items would be a bad idea in both cases and would bring either no or RNG-based income. Prospecting 5x Ghost Iron Ore will yield 1-2 green MoP gems most of the time (5% chance to prospect MoP rare gems), which are worth only a few gold. e.g. Alexandrite worth 7.65g/pc, Pandarian Garnet worth 6.8g/pc, Roguestone worth 2.95g/pc, Tiger Opal worth 3g/pc, Lapis Lazuli worth 1.94g/pc and finally Sunstone worth 8.09g. Prospecting 5x Black Trillium Ore or 5x White Trillium Ore will give 1-2 rare MoP gems (17% chance), which isn't worth it, compared to the AH price of both items. Even though rare MoP gems are still a desirable commodity, because Jewelcrafters use them for various panther mounts, e.g. Primordial Ruby (155.56g) > Ruby Panther. Smelt Ghost Iron is good as it gives our Ghost Iron Ore a lot more value (as seen above). Ghost Iron Bars are used in Blacksmithing / Engineering to craft various rare items. 5x Ghost Iron Bars are needed to craft Contender's Spirit Bracers (646.88g) or Contender's Revenant Bracers (674.77g). You can craft 2 of these items for a single Spirit of Harmony. Smelt Trillium also gives our Black Trillium Ore & White Trillium Ore more value. We need two of each (that's 170,36g) to craft a single Trillium Bar (179.75g - currently the price is somewhat low, was 214g an hour ago). Sales

So I came to the conclusion that I should sell raw Black Trillium Ore  if I wanted to make profit and don't have Mining. (Note that the ore prices vary per realm and selling Black Trillium Ore only could lead to a decrease in their overall price, which is why I like to sell various good types, hence smelt them).If you have Mining, sell Trillium Bars. There's nothing bad by smelting the ores into Ghost Iron Bars and sell. If you happen to have Blacksmithing, you could sell even gear produced from the bars.
    • By Starym
      7.1 is here tomorrow, but when is Trial of Valor opening? Blizzard give us a preview of the raid as well as the release schedule. It'll take a while before we get in there, but it'll be worth it to finally finish the job we started in both Halls of Valor and Maw of Souls!
      Since Loken’s betrayal, Odyn has been trapped within the Halls of Valor as Helya plots in the shadows to claim the souls of his valarjar champions. In recent days, however, great heroes have arrived in the lands of Stormheim in the Legion’s wake. Hoping that their might and determination could tip the scales and end Helya’s reign, Odyn summons these champions for a final test.
      Helheim was just the beginning of Helya’s bid for the souls of the valarjar champions and her machinations for Odyn. In the new raid dungeon, Trial of Valor, Azeroth’s heroes will be able to journey further into this tale of betrayal when the doors open on November 8.
      Developer Insights: The idea for this raid was hatched during development of our Halls of Valor and Maw of Souls dungeons, and as we were playing through the zone of Stormheim internally. We had established both Odyn and Helya as titanic figures that couldn’t be completely vanquished by a 5-player group, and during questing players could only hope to sneak past the guardian Guarm through deception. In the past, we have at times failed to resolve minor plot arcs like this, and we wanted to make sure that we didn’t repeat that mistake here. Mechanically, Trial of Valor is positioned as an interlude between the Emerald Nightmare and the upcoming Nighthold raid, offering a new challenge that complements the Emerald Nightmare without obsoleting its rewards.
      Minimum Level: 110
      Bosses: 3
      Odyn: In ages past, Odyn led the titan-forged armies against the Black Empire of the Old Gods. For millennia he has been confined to the Halls of Valor by the curse of his bitter nemesis, Helya. Odyn seeks mortal champions to vanquish the ruler of Helheim and secure his freedom.
      Guarm: Helya’s vicious three-headed hound stands guard at the gates of Helheim. Bred to require neither comfort nor sleep, Guarm remains ever-watchful for any invaders who come to challenge the reign of his cruel mistress.
      Helya: Though she once served as Odyn’s right hand, the vengeful Helya will stop at nothing to ensure that her ancient curse binds the titan keeper to the Halls of Valor. No longer satisfied with ruling her shadowy realm, Helya now commands her vast kvaldir army to plague the lands of the living.
      Raid Unlock Schedule
      November 8 - Normal and Heroic
      November 15- Mythic and Raid Finder