Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hostik

Protection Warrior Weakauras setup (6.2.3)

10 posts in this topic

My Weakauras (as of 03.05.2016): 

Hey guys. Kinda late in the xpac, I know. I usually make these videos for myself when I revamp my UI, so I don't lose any of the settings, but this time decided to share it, maybe someone will find it useful. You can copy the whole thing or just take bits and pieces from it to make your own setup even better.

WA strings:

p.s. My WoW client is in Russian, so some skills (the ones that are by spell name, not by spell id) could not be working properly for you. It's easy to fix, just go to "Trigger" tab of your weakauras and switch the cyrillic letters of the spell to english or whatever language your client is. But most of them should already use spell id and won't need any fixing. Any way it's not a huge hassle to fix.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Updated to to a new video and WA strings (03.05.2016)
Edited by Hostik

Posted (edited)

Updated my WA setup. Added legendary ring CDs, blood lust, resolve bar to the main group.

Tweaked around DPS cooldowns, now in a much better position.

Also new addition is the "Stats" group on the right of the screen, tracking crit, parry, mastery percentage.

WA strings are in the description of the video, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Updated to a newer video

Edited by Hostik

hey nice auras.. doesnt work to import to me tho.. u might help me ?

Posted (edited)

link in video desc on youtube works, but if i import have many errors .. dont know why

Edited by Solfernuss

Posted (edited)

Yeah, most spells are going to give an error because my client is in russian language, so WA is using spell names in my language, but some I made with spell ID, so they should work universally on all clients. I fixed what I could fix (swiched spell names to spell id numbers), but some of the spells I just can't change.

For the rest of the spells it's an easy fix, but you have to do it yourselves. Just go to "Trigger" panel in every spell that doesn't show/work properly, and switch russian spell name to your language. Just try putting in "shield block", "revenge" etc etc, and it should fix everything. Should take like 2 minutes.

Edit: Oh I just realized, Shield Barrier and Resolve are using different code, so I replaced the russian spell name in those two myself.

Here's the fixed (as much as I could) main group WA: http://pastebin.com/5cuZ7JPJ

Also, one last thing. Don't worry if the icons don't show the spell icons and some have like a question mark, just make sure every spell works correctly in combat, on a target dummy.

Edited by Hostik

I did that yesterday, but it didnt even show me any weakauras when i was infight.. will try today with the fixed coded as i get home from work

If you did everything right in "Trigger" panel, then the only thing why it won't be loading should be in "Load" panel. Just check the conditions of the skills loading. They should be "in combat", if your class is Warrior, and if your spec is Protection. Some have conditions, like Blood Bath, if you have talent taken Blood Bath. But this should be already all in there, I really think it's just replacing the spell names.

You're always gonna get errors, just by using any addons, but they don't do anything, besides being annoying.

I use the addons called BugGrabber and BugSack, they will "store" all those pesky error messages.