Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Legendary Mage Mech LoE Deck

23 posts in this topic

I have all the cards needed for this deck but Antonidas; what could be a temporary sub for him? I did not invest any money in the gane, so at the moment I have all the adventure cards and a couple of useless legendary got from free packs (Nozdormu and Mukla -.- ). I was thinking about to put in a Sky-piloted golem ; i also have a sea giant.

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Mech mage is out of the meta right now...

IMO the best replace for antonidas are sky golem or clockwork knight, if you don't have them you can put flamestrike or pyroblast.

Well, I don't know if it's out of meta or not, and actually i am not aiming high. I don't play enough ranked matches to reach legend anyway :)

It's just that i like the mech sinergy and the mage class. Also when I sarted playing, I made too many arenas before buying all the adventures, and arenas gave each time a GVG pack; I had to make just a few card except the legendaries to have the full deck ;)

BTW, I put the sky piloted shredder for added mech sinergy.

Any tips against the current LoE priest deck? That is the only match up that seems impossible. Lightbomb destroys the early minions and I see no way around losing Antonidas and Dr boom to entomb >_<

And how exactly is Mech Mage out of meta?

Because most of the popular decks now are a bad matchup for mech mage. 

ive to admit, its quite a bad deck from my experience. many classes that can just outlast the barrage and then youre out of steam and lose. u dont even rly need to factor rng

ive to admit, its quite a bad deck from my experience. many classes that can just outlast the barrage and then youre out of steam and lose. u dont even rly need to factor rng

It is quite possible that you play the deck suboptimally. If you sent me a replay, it would allow me to help you.

how would i do this? i would appreciate any help i can get, thank you in advance :D

It is quite possible that you play the deck suboptimally. If you sent me a replay, it would allow me to help you.

how would i do this? i would appreciate any help i can get, thank you in advance biggrin.png

First off, there is the option to Edit your post rather than multiposting just like you did now. 

Now, back to the topic: you have to upload it somewhere else and send me the link to it (if you are using hearthstone deck tracker), or if you have it as a video, you can upload it to youtube and copy-pasting the link.

Posted (edited)

I find that the goal of the deck is to win by turn 8.  After turn 8 the deck runs out of steam, unless have a good setup with archmage and some spare parts cards.  I have won a game or two that way.

I personally really like the deck, because I find the gameplay of a deck like freeze to be too slow.  Matches with Mech Mage are fast, and the wins can be really satisfying.  

Here's a screenshot of a match against a rank 15 priest where I got what I'm pretty sure is the best hand I could draw:

End of Turn 2

http://i.imgur.com/o7ocYkR.jpg

End of Turn 4

http://i.imgur.com/uIrMDTA.jpg

Best he could do is holy nova, and even then he's toast.  This is a good deck.  Just keep practicing with it.

Edited by Kearvek
1 person likes this

First off, there is the option to Edit your post rather than multiposting just like you did now. 

Now, back to the topic: you have to upload it somewhere else and send me the link to it (if you are using hearthstone deck tracker), or if you have it as a video, you can upload it to youtube and copy-pasting the link.

i have the file, where do i upload it to?

I prefer Mediafire, but it is purely up to you. You can send it as a PM. Sadly, I won't have much time during easter to look at it.

Just hit rank 10 with this deck.  I'll probably spend the next couple of days really pushing, since I've never been this high before.

i made rank 5 with this - no dr. boom .. best mage deck

Just built this deck and love it. Only thing I have noticed is the lack of board clear, which hit hard late game against a Priest deck recently. Any thoughts on needing some board clear options, and what would you replace for such board clear options?

Old deck but still working, got back to it while checking the wild ladder but I need some help.

Since I lack Dr.Boom and I don't have anything big to place there I put a Polymorph in his place, is that good enough or should I go with a minion?

1 hour ago, Kokuendan said:

Old deck but still working, got back to it while checking the wild ladder but I need some help.

Since I lack Dr.Boom and I don't have anything big to place there I put a Polymorph in his place, is that good enough or should I go with a minion?

You could put in Foe Reaper 4000, second Tinkertown TechnicianClockwork KnightFlamestrike as an anti-aggro tech card, or Polymorph: Boar as an anti-control tech tool. Polymorph: Boar is better than regular Polymorph as it allows you to transform your own minions as well to put more pressure on the opponent or to simply finish him off.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

You could put in Foe Reaper 4000, second Tinkertown TechnicianClockwork KnightFlamestrike as an anti-aggro tech card, or Polymorph: Boar as an anti-control tech tool. Polymorph: Boar is better than regular Polymorph as it allows you to transform your own minions as well to put more pressure on the opponent or to simply finish him off.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them and see what works the best for me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0