FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LCSscallywag

Favorite cartoon you watched as a kid that you think no one remembers?

We all have those old cartoons we loved as a kid, but what is the one that was a favorite that when you mention it all your friends look at you like you're smoking crack?

Mine are Duckula and Centurions.

At one point I downloaded all of Duckula but have lost it since then.

Centurions was just...awesomeness.

Whats yours?

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers

I remember watching this a lot when I was a kid.

And when I was a little older we watched Zorro. I can't really remember what series it was, but I think it was this one. It's a really old serie. I remember that my parents said that they watched it when they were my age, though it wasn't it color back then.

Edited by MadMonk
correction on the zorro link
  • Like 1

Ah count duckula & chip n dale total classics.

I used to love rainbow bright when I was like 3.

It's not a cartoon but the best show when I was a young lass was knightmare. Totally awesome. I think it was only won about 3 times ever it was so hard...

Have never been a massive fan of Japanese style cartoons ... but! when I was young circa early 1980s, I used to absolutely love a little known cartoon called, Battle of the Planets. Was a great show for me at that time. :D

• Like 1

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers

I remember watching this a lot when I was a kid.

And when I was a little older we watched Zorro. I can't really remember what series it was, but I think it was this one. It's a really old serie. I remember that my parents said that they watched it when they were my age, though it wasn't it color back then.

I remember playing Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers daily almost religiously on the original Nintendo. While everyone else was playing Mario Brothers I was playing the Rescue Rangers!

Oops forgot to answer the question. The cartoon I watched (Ok and still do) and have tons of merchandise, in fact I would own bed sheets if they were made in deep pock queen size beds.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...well that will be until the abomination that Michael Bay is going to do to my childhood.

• Like 1

Please don't let michael bay anywhere near the turtles! Hearos in a half shell! Remember when 'bravo' used to reshow it at lunch time a few years ago?

Remember captain planet? That was awesome. Totally under rated imo. Cartoons used to be so much better...

Weekend mornings? Turtles, captian planet, gummy bears, the racoons... Kids TV these days is so much poorer. Aside from the modern classic 'potatoes and dragons' which has the best theme tune like ever. Sadly I think I am the only person that cottoned onto this and people look at me kinda funny when i sing it :(

Captain Planet was the worst cartoon every created. Seriously. So lame.

Michael Bay is going to ruin TMNT by making them not even turtles. They're aliens.

Speaking of old nintendo, do you remember the original TMNT game? Holy jeez that was terrible.

Captain Planet was the worst cartoon every created. Seriously. So lame.

Michael Bay is going to ruin TMNT by making them not even turtles. They're aliens.

Speaking of old nintendo, do you remember the original TMNT game? Holy jeez that was terrible.

I think you meant to say awesome. Yes I remember the game...yes I played it like a week ago...wait a minute...maybe I'm terrible.

No it was awesome.

That doesn't make any sense! I don't like it. Lets all boycott it and pretend it doesn't exist. Then it WON'T EXIST. I think that's how it works. Can we get Michael Bay on crimes against the film industry? I think pearl harbour alone should do that.

Haha yeh one of my mates had that. Twasnt even good at the time!

Ulysses 31 was awesome! A real story that actually finished unlike most cartoons that just drifted out

CAPTAIN PLANET!

I loved that haha.

And the one where that native american girl/boy dreams and travels around the world? Anyone remembers the name of it?

haha Captain Planet was pretty cool imo.. but some cartoons i remember that alot of ppl give me "the look" about were Battletoads and The Toxic Avengers haha now those are throwbacks....

• Like 1

I remember Battle of the Planets and Ulysses 31.

The other 2 I most remember were Dogtanian and the 3 Muskehounds and The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

• Like 1

Cant link the video for Mysterious Cities of Gold on my phone but will defo edit and throw one up later! Was totally awesome!

Edited by Peelyon

Cant link the video for Mysterious Cities of Gold on my phone but will defo edit and throw one up later! Was totally awesome!

Here you go, in French (it's French-Japanese cartoon if I remember well, with a storyline by Jean Chalopin, a popular writer of kid books)

Does anyone remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (a French-American cartoon)? I could have as well linked the English opening, seeing as the French one is completely nonsensical.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYgI6pV7r-E&feature=related

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors was cool as was the Pink Panther show, Dungeons and Dragons and Visionaries.

Not really cartoons but still shows that I liked were Star Fleet and Terrahawks if anyoe can remember those.

This thread has made me feel old Posted Image

TMHT - I used to LOVE this, one of my favourites.

- Cow & Chicken

- I r weasel

- button moon

- play days

Wish I could get MASK, Ulysses 31, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mysterious Cities of Gold and Transformers all on DVD (or at least .avi) etc.

Would spend plenty of hours on all of those.

Already got Dogtanian and Willy Fog on DVD :P

My 4 year old girls favourite song is "The Touch" from the original Transformers cartoon movie...pro dad!