FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Primordius

Guest Kálathos

"When a raid member reaches a combined total of 10 stacks" - You know it's 5 stacks Posted Image

"When a raid member reaches a combined total of 10 stacks" - You know it's 5 stacks Posted Image

The Encounter Journal is a bit deceiving. It says 5 then 10. In our experience, it was 10, so we will stick with it for now and change it if things turn out to be different on live servers.

Guest loldotcom

The pools that you absorb to start getting stacks, is it one stack for the first person to walk into it? Or can multiple players run into a pool at once to all get stacks?

Guest Mico

I think off-tank should run through the purple pools and absorb them before they reach boss. Tanks can survive the damage pools do and simply be dispelled right after. Both kind of pools who are close to boss are threat for melee dps. Adds should not be killed near boss as you mentioned and off-tank should soak incoming purple pools.

The pools that you absorb to start getting stacks, is it one stack for the first person to walk into it? Or can multiple players run into a pool at once to all get stacks?

Only one player can benefit from one pool. Once he runs through it pool is absorbed and disappears.

5 pools = fully mutated.

Fight is really a joke...have your DPS gather 5 stacks and then burn boss. Ignore the adds going to the boss...all of the abilities can be handled by being "loosely packed" within 25 yards of the boss. When DPS lose their Fully Mutated buff, get it back and repeat. Bloodlust when you have all 5 of your DPS Fully Mutated.

We 3 shot this once we understood how to move the boss away from purple puddles. His abilities are not very punishing. Just save CDs for when you get Fully Mutated. Wish there was more to explain about this boss, but that's pretty much it.

5 pools = fully mutated.

Fight is really a joke...have your DPS gather 5 stacks and then burn boss. Ignore the adds going to the boss...all of the abilities can be handled by being "loosely packed" within 25 yards of the boss. When DPS lose their Fully Mutated buff, get it back and repeat. Bloodlust when you have all 5 of your DPS Fully Mutated.

We 3 shot this once we understood how to move the boss away from purple puddles. His abilities are not very punishing. Just save CDs for when you get Fully Mutated. Wish there was more to explain about this boss, but that's pretty much it.

Ok that's... underwhelming. I'll be adjusting the guide :)

Guest flix

the march 7th hotfixes made it so a monk's revival no longer dispells the beneficial debuffs

1)

how does dispelling work for the negative pools?

can you have 1 raid member who's job it is to run around collecting the bad pools, and getting dispelled to instantly remove the bad buffs?

or do they have to suffer the entire 2 minutes.

2)

can someone please explain the 2 minutes GOOD buffs? as in, does it refresh, different times?

example:

time 0 gets buff Type A

time 30 seconds gets buff type B

time 45 seconds gets buff Type A - is duration of a,b, neither reset?

time 1 min, gets 2x type C - mutating as now have 5 stacks.

How long is player mutated for ?

how long does player have buffs A,B,C ?

1) You can, but that would be a waste. Better to have people avoid the purple pools all together. Dispelling removes all buffs, both positive and negative.

2) There are 4 types of buffs: Haste, Crit, Mastery, Stats. Lets call them A, B, C, and D. If someone gets Buff A, it lasts for 2:00. Then they get Buff B 15 seconds later. Buff A would have 1:45 left and Buff B would have 2:00 left. Let's says he then goes and picks up a 2nd Buff A 15 seconds later. Now he would have a 2 stack of Buff A at 2:00 duration and Buff B at 1:45. This happens until you pick up 5 buffs. The second that you pick up 5 buffs, you become fully mutated for 2:00. Any other pools picked up during mutation will result in negative buffs, one of which will cancel out two positive buffs. It is guaranteed, then, that your positive buffs will fade while you are fully mutated. Remember to not pick up any new ones.

• Like 1

Also worth mentioning that healers should try their best to ignore all positive buffs on their raid frames by blacklisting them somehow. If you are using Blizzard standard frames, then Good Luck to you! =P

I would also want to note that when you are fully mutated and get dispelled, you DO NOT lose your mutated buff. You just lose all the beneficial and negative ones. Although, I'm not sure if you get dispelled a 2nd time if you lose it or not.

From what I've seen on the attempts we've had on him last night, the purple pools cannot be soaked to despawn by raid members, regardless if they are mutated or not. They just take 100k damage every second and get negative buffs. I think only Primordius can despawn them by soaking, which is something you never want to happen, but we never allowed him to touch any purple puddle, so I cannot be certain on that.

Edited by MoacaBogdan

For figuring out who was carrying bad debuff... I set those 4 specific bad ones as border highlight on grid (I dont have anything but red agro on the border section, if you do you may want a new indicator). We weren't dispelling them unless called for by dps, so that made it much easier to sort out who was ready for a dispell.

All in all, it was pretty easy. 2nd pull and he was down.

Under 7.2 in the guide, you specify to never dispell players, since that removes all the buffs and debuffs. While that is correct, I found it better (being DPS) to be dispelled when my buffs had 15-20 seconds left, regardless if I had any 5min debuffs. I was doing this because dispell does NOT remove fully mutated buff, only the stacking of stats/mastery/haste/crit. After being dispelled, and our OT making short work of adds, I ran over 4 pools to get 4 stacks back up, and the second my fully mutated buff wears off, I run over the 5th, and regain it.

This requires a lot more attention to moving, but it provides almost 100% uptime on boss while fully mutated. Otherwise, I would just have to run around for those 20ish seconds doing reduced damage to primordius, until I get my 5 stacks back up. We only needed whichever tank was not on Primordius to kill the adds, it was more than enough.

I would also want to note that when you are fully mutated and get dispelled, you DO NOT lose your mutated buff. You just lose all the beneficial and negative ones. Although, I'm not sure if you get dispelled a 2nd time if you lose it or not.

Since I called it out, and our healers blacklisting buffs and debuffs during this fight, I only got dispelled once when I asked for it, so at the moment I cannot confirm or infirm that a 2nd dispell cancells fully mutated. Will try to check this out on our next kill.

Edited by MoacaBogdan

1)

how does dispelling work for the negative pools?

can you have 1 raid member who's job it is to run around collecting the bad pools, and getting dispelled to instantly remove the bad buffs?

or do they have to suffer the entire 2 minutes.

2)

can someone please explain the 2 minutes GOOD buffs? as in, does it refresh, different times?

example:

time 0 gets buff Type A

time 30 seconds gets buff type B

time 45 seconds gets buff Type A - is duration of a,b, neither reset?

time 1 min, gets 2x type C - mutating as now have 5 stacks.

How long is player mutated for ?

how long does player have buffs A,B,C ?

1. You can have someone collect every single pool, but that is just a really bad approach, since RnG says he can get stacking debuffs of stat decreases. That also applies to Stamina, so he can end up with quite low total HP if someone is not carefull, and combined with Volatile Pathogen, can end in a 1shot for that player. It is much easier to have OffTank focus on killing adds while having Malformed Blood, and also, after an add is killed, the pool does not spawn until 1-2 seconds afterwards, so he has plenty of time to move away and not take a potential debuff. On top of that, DPS'ers that loose fully mutated buff would have to kill 5 new adds, thus losing uptime on Primordius, instead of just taking already existing pools that OT created.

2. From what I saw, all buffs are refreshed when a new stack is gained. Every time I asked for a dispell, Fully Mutated buff remaining time was the same with all of my other beneficial buffs remaining time. So, regardless of what buff you gain, the previous ones will be reset to 2 min, up until you have 5 of them.

Edit: Just noticed Zagam's reply to this issue from earlier, how I missed it the first time is beyond me

Edited by MoacaBogdan

I'm surprised to see no mention of the "Screw mechanics just dps" strategy. It's pretty easily doable, in 10 man at least. Granted doing it the "real" way isn't too tough either, but the occasional stand there and dps fight is hard to come by these days.

With 218 million health and an 8 minute hard enrage, you need 454,167 raid dps to kill him before he enrages. Rounding up to 455k, with 5 dps and 2 tanks each doing 2/3 of a dps damage it means you need 72k dps from your actual dps and 48k a piece from your tanks. Granted it's not THAT easy since he takes 25% less damage, so that 72k is actually 96k before the reduction, but even that's easily manageable in a mixture of tier 14/15 gear considering it's a patchworkesque fight where you can completely stand still and maximize your dps.

Edited by Sellys
  • Like 1

I'm surprised to see no mention of the "Screw mechanics just dps" strategy.

The main potential problem with this is getting too many stack of Mutation on the boss and his damage spiralling out of control. TBH, doing it with tactics is absurdly easy; my guild got to him for the first time last night and it was a 1-shot. =S

1) any one know how long the mutagenic pools stay on the ground before auto despawning? (talking about the red buff pools)

2) any one know how long the volatile pools stay on the ground before auto despawning? (talking about the purple death pools) or they will follow the boss forever?

The main potential problem with this is getting too many stack of Mutation on the boss and his damage spiralling out of control. TBH, doing it with tactics is absurdly easy; my guild got to him for the first time last night and it was a 1-shot. =S

We've done it 3 times now as a single-target Patchwerk and it works just fine. Keep tank swapping as usual and make sure only the tank is in his cone, and tunnel the boss. The incoming damage is 2-healable and the DPS debuff is easy to power through. (on Normal)

Edited by Tarazet