FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks

I have it bookmarked at home. I'll post it tonight for you. I think I found a post on MMO-Champ...it's a Method Warlock's WA strings. I only use the Unerring one, but I'll just link the page to his stuff so you can pick what you like...or you can search it.

hi

blz gief string :)

It is not hard to create a weak aura like that, create a new icon, adjust its position size etc as you wish and tick automatic icon option, go to toggle tab, there should be a option like aura gained or buff gained type "perfect aim" there and press enter. Now you have a basic weak aura. If you want to add sound(which is recommended for perfect aim) go to actions tab and pick a sound from the list. I'm on mobile so names might be not correct bu they are close enough, I can share my weak aura when I get home if you want

Last week I got Lei Shen trinket so I gave a shot to goSac at Jin'Rokh. Even tho I played far away from perfect I managed to rank14 but I think noone plays Demo nowadays. Trinket only procced twice on our kill and I have to wait 20 seconds for first proc so my Doom uptime was %90 and %70ish of them were critical. Still its a fun and solid build and I can't wait to do council. You can reach our logs from EU Twisting Nether-Apex.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nkywngg5o5mr75rc/ Those are some logs of me being Grim of Sac on Horridon (mistake, I think), Grim of Sac on Council (mega awesome), Grim of Service on Tortos and Megaera, and Grim of Sac on Ji'kun. Either gear affects Demo in a huge way or I'm just starting to get it down pat.

Sifon, how are you liking the spec? Feel more fun and chaotic than Aff/Destro?

Nice output you've got going there Zagam, though I feel you'll get more out of Destruction on Tortos. I was pulling about that in my comparatively crap gear, so I'm sure you can do some amazing stuff. Unless you're a shell kicker.

Safe to assume you were never lucky enough to get a Perfect Aim proc while you had Primal Nutriment active on Ji-Kun?

Also, whatever they did to Durumu, I hate it. We went from having no issues on this fight last week, to wiping over and over again because the maze is ridiculous.

Edited by Omaric

I was thoroughly pleased at my volunteering to sit and let some Warrior come in for his chance at legs. I ran around gemming my pants, enchanting my wand, finding my OH out of my bank, and turning in my 20 secrets of the empire to Wrathion while listening to the carnage in Mumble.

I had some bad Perfect Aim magic on Ji'Kun all around. It was glorious for me on Megaera then kinda sputtered on Ji'Kun, but that's the RNG monster coming out. I'm a shell kicker, so my attention is never fully at hand on task. You can see my 400k DPS spikes on bats which will be pretty important on heroic mode. Shadowflame, Service:Felguard, Felstorm, and Immo Aura made those bats melt. I hate kicking shells. Damn Hunters or Mages should do it.

I thought they made the Durumu maze easier?

Maybe later in the day Wednesday, but on Tuesday it was definitely a cluster fuck.

Best spec EU for sure. Destruction is boring besides mega chaos bolt hits and Affliction is kinda monotone for me so if can play Demonology I will play Demonology. I'm not sure if I can perform well on Council this week because I'm not awesome to react Perfect Aim yet but with some good RNG Megaera can be awesome, I'm gonna play Demo all fights but Tortos and maybe Ji-kun this week and gonna see how it goes. I also got my mini bloodlust gem but I'm not satisfied enough with the proc at the moment. It always proc on start which is awesome burst for Destro and Affli, also super awesome if you get a Perfect Aim proc with Demo starter :D

I've just killed Council on normal, it was RETARDED I peaked above 400k for a minute and completed the fight 275k, our logs bugged but if it didnt I would rank 14th in the world on all specs and from now on I'm gonna start logging.

EDIT: Found Council log on wow-heroes http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/99loqbgj5oz1mdie/dashboard/?s=11826&e=12156.

Edited by Sifon
  • Like 1

I was thoroughly pleased at my volunteering to sit and let some Warrior come in for his chance at legs. I ran around gemming my pants, enchanting my wand, finding my OH out of my bank, and turning in my 20 secrets of the empire to Wrathion while listening to the carnage in Mumble.

I had some bad Perfect Aim magic on Ji'Kun all around. It was glorious for me on Megaera then kinda sputtered on Ji'Kun, but that's the RNG monster coming out. I'm a shell kicker, so my attention is never fully at hand on task. You can see my 400k DPS spikes on bats which will be pretty important on heroic mode. Shadowflame, Service:Felguard, Felstorm, and Immo Aura made those bats melt. I hate kicking shells. Damn Hunters or Mages should do it.

I get to have fun, we use the kite strat. I end up immolating/RoF the bats while no one else touches them, and spam CB/SB :3. I can see demo completely dominating bats in logs though, for the guilds actually killing them. Usually falls waay behind affli/destro on turtle damage, but does like 40% more on bats.

Sifon, hopefully you've converted to the Demonology side! It's so much fun! It's the perfect balance of micro-management of Affliction and the power of Destruction.

Gahddo, if you're running 10 man, this is probably much more feasible. In 25, I compete with Unholy DK diseases, Frost DK Howling Blast, Hunter's Multi-shot, and my stupid crazy Monk tank who did 280k DPS. I need to go back 10 man to feel powerful again...I think the top Demo parses show REALLY high Immolation Aura damage which means they likely put very select DPS on bats (Demo, Hunters, etc) and left stronger single target (Destro, anyone else) on the Turtles and Tortos. I just got my legendary meta gem last night, so next week will be good testing of that little guy. I'm excited to gear up and do farm content and cheese mechanics to pad the crap out of meters.

If I don't get Unerring soon I'm going to die. The Demo suspense is too much. On a similarly related side note, I topped meters on every fight of my last part 3 LFR as Demo Sac for funsies. Obviously the competition isn't there, but COME ON people.

Today I did 215k at LFR Jin'rokh with %100 crit on Doom, this spec has very good potential for sure. Last night at Council I managed to put 3 or 4 dooms with Dark Soul + Bloodlust + Meta Gem if I remember correctly and I was swimming inside Wild Imps. This spec if my main spec for a while for sure but I don't think I can play Demo at Horridon or Tortos and maybe Ji-Kun. For which fights goSup would be better? Lei Shen comes on my mind because AoE burst on Ball Lightnings and maybe Ji-Kun if I play demo there.

Btw I'm playing with 8100 haste and rest on mastery until I can reach new Doom breakpoint but I'm open for suggestions.

Edited by Sifon

Your priority spell queueing should be as follows:

2) Corruption applied and maintained via Touch of Chaos. When Corruption is about to fall off, pop into Metamorphosis and extend its duration with three uses of Touch of Chaos.

I dont understand what the point extend Corr via ToC ? Save mana ? Burn excess fury ? Something else ? Corr ticks same independed of refresh method. (Btw, with 10 sec cd on Meta it's strong exaggeration to say "stance dancing" imho). So why add unnecessary complexity to rotation ? Why smash 5 button (meta,3xToc, cancel meta) instead just 1 (corr) for trivial action (extend corr duration) ? Even more, on multidot scenario (where Posted ImageGlyph of Everlasting Affliction is dps gain) ToC not refresh corr to full duration (only to 27 sec). What am I wrong? Edited by Bemep

I dont understand what the point extend Corr via ToC ? Save mana ? Burn excess fury ? Something else ? Corr ticks same independed of refresh method. (Btw, with 10 sec cd on Meta it's strong exaggeration to say "stance dancing" imho). So why add unnecessary complexity to rotation ? Why smash 5 button (meta,3xToc, cancel meta) instead just 1 (corr) for trivial action (extend corr duration) ? Even more, on multidot scenario (where Posted ImageGlyph of Everlasting Affliction is dps gain) ToC not refresh corr to full duration (only to 27 sec). What am I wrong?

Have a seat youngster! Totally kidding, but here's basically why, all short and sweet:

Casting Corruption costs you a GCD. When you want to pump out as much DPS as possible, managing your GCD's becomes a high priority. When a part of your normal gameplay allows you to keep a DoT up indefinitely, that you would otherwise have to spend a GCD on, you should take advantage of that built-in gameplay.

So basically, you're going to be casting ToC throughout a fight anyway. If you're playing right you won't be out of Meta form for more than 25+ seconds, which means your intermediate ToC spam will ensure it never falls off. As you get better it will become second nature.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

Omaric is spot on. By refreshing Corruption with Touch of Chaos, you knock out two birds with one stone. You deal damage and refresh Corruption in the same global cooldown, so you come out ahead.

Omaric is spot on. By refreshing Corruption with Touch of Chaos, you knock out two birds with one stone. You deal damage and refresh Corruption in the same global cooldown, so you come out ahead.

That being said, it isn't *ALL* important. Especially in spread cleave situations like council, it gets a little difficult at times to track all 4 targets corruptions without the ability to run unerring and just never run out of DF. Don't be *afraid* to refresh manually, just know its a small dps loss.

I dont understand what the point extend Corr via ToC ? Save mana ? Burn excess fury ? Something else ? Corr ticks same independed of refresh method. (Btw, with 10 sec cd on Meta it's strong exaggeration to say "stance dancing" imho). So why add unnecessary complexity to rotation ? Why smash 5 button (meta,3xToc, cancel meta) instead just 1 (corr) for trivial action (extend corr duration) ? Even more, on multidot scenario (where Posted ImageGlyph of Everlasting Affliction is dps gain) ToC not refresh corr to full duration (only to 27 sec). What am I wrong?

Refreshing during Meta applies corruption under meta dmg bonus as well as saving the gcd. Not a big gain but a gain is a gain!

Edited by Bogo

I've noticed a REALLY nice thing to do with Unerring Vision...what I'll do is go into Meta, refresh Doom, use one Touch of Chaos, and then leave Meta. This not only refreshes Corruption, it buffs it by Meta's damage and it makes the remaining ticks until you refresh it again cause all criticals. It's pretty nice and it really should be practiced until its second nature to refresh Corr under Metamorphosis.

In one of your post, you mentioned that by cliping a second shadowflame before the first stack falls off, you could extend the duration of it to 11 seconds. I tried doing this in game but I don't see that happening at all. The damage does increase though if you go into meta before it connects.

Not sure how you're not seeing it. Just to test it, try to do it earlier to make sure you don't miss the clip opportunity.

Did you mean it's a 11 second duration total for 1 stack (unmeta-buffed) + 2 stack (meta-buffed), or 11 seconds for the 2 stack meta buffed shadowflame?

Even if I do it way early, I see it at 2 stacks, but the timer is reset to a 6 second 2 stack.

Edited by ookingdooker

First application is a 6 second debuff. It stacks up to 2 times, so you can make it stack by applying them back to back. This, however, wastes some uptime of the Shadowflame debuff which is a good source of damage. If you apply the 2nd Hand of Guldan before the first Shadowflame debuff wears off, you'll get your 2 stack that will refresh its duration to 6 seconds.

Personally, I wonder why this doesn't get affected by Pandemic, but as for now, the best way to apply it is between the 5th and 6th second of the debuff. This maximizes your uptime with the Shadowflame debuff.

Got the LFR Unerring trinket today! I'm swimming in a sea of imps haha. I can't tell yet if there is an improvement over my Destro output yet, but I've only killed a few LFR bosses with the trinket so far. My Tortos damage was much lower than my best destro log so I'll have to figure out what was up with that. Megaera was on-par with Destro, but I was also padding using PA empowered Doom on the non-focused head.

Overall though I'd say the damage is much more consistent than before while using this trinket. I look forward to testing it out some more!

Hey zagam, i have another question. You said somewhere that the fel imp doesn't compare to the other pets, that you wished blizz would decrease the cost of his fireball to 30 fel energy. I did some tests. I set the pets on passive and let them dps a raid dummy. The observer, Shivara, and fel imp did very close total damage done on the dummy over the course of the 5 min. So i'm wondering why the fel imp would not be a better choice vs. the other pets?

Got the LFR Unerring trinket today! I'm swimming in a sea of imps haha. I can't tell yet if there is an improvement over my Destro output yet, but I've only killed a few LFR bosses with the trinket so far. My Tortos damage was much lower than my best destro log so I'll have to figure out what was up with that. Megaera was on-par with Destro, but I was also padding using PA empowered Doom on the non-focused head.

Overall though I'd say the damage is much more consistent than before while using this trinket. I look forward to testing it out some more!

Congrats! I opened up and sustained 400k DPS on Council last night with all procs running live and getting 100% Crit Doom on every Councilor. All I heard in Mumble was grumbling "yeah, Demo is balanced, stupid OP shit." Remember, the class is not OP...the player with that trinket who knows how to use it is. Demo's sole use of that trinket is 100% crit Doom. Don't try to use it for anything else and you'll be more than pleasantly surprised. The LFR version has a pretty low proc multiplier (74% vs 95% for 522 version) so you might see some REAL big periods of time between procs. It may be worth it for you to apply the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction. For multi-dot fights, that glyph is really awesome, but since you'll be seeing low proc rates, it might be worth considering.

Hey zagam, i have another question. You said somewhere that the fel imp doesn't compare to the other pets, that you wished blizz would decrease the cost of his fireball to 30 fel energy. I did some tests. I set the pets on passive and let them dps a raid dummy. The observer, Shivara, and fel imp did very close total damage done on the dummy over the course of the 5 min. So i'm wondering why the fel imp would not be a better choice vs. the other pets?

Hey, you may have read an old post where pets weren't analyzed properly since everyone used Grimoire of Sacrifice anyways. More recent looks at the data shows similar results that you found. Basically, all the pets are equal and situational. The Imp will come out on top if there is a lot of target switching (something like Council or Horridon) while the Observer or Shivarra will be JUST slightly ahead if they get to sit and pew pew. Basically use any pet you want, even if only because you like how they look.