Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Firebat Leaves Team Archon

1 post in this topic

15735-firebat-leaves-team-archon.png

2014 World Champion, Firebat, has left Team Archon. Orginially he chose not to give many details, but later gave some of his reasons on stream.

Firebat broke the news last night via Twitter:

Despite the immediate and obvious rumour-mongering across the Internet, Firebat would not be drawn on details on Twitter. He did take the time to clarify that he chose to leave rather than being fired.

Later on stream he clarified several things, including that he will still be playing in the Red Bull tournament, adding "So that's going to be awkward".

When asked why he left the team, he gave the following reasons:
- "I did not enjoy being on the team..... I did in the beginning."
- "They fired all my friends, which kinda sucked." He later mentioned that this referred to Purple and Xixo and that he will still miss the other members of the team.
- "I had some problems with the contract, with them not honouring the contract, which gave me a window of opportunity for me to leave."

He also added that he didn't like the team house and that he was treated "like s***". He said that the other members did not respect his personal belongings, which was an issue that he had previously mentioned during the Archon Team League. He has not lived in the team house for a month and they have still not returned his belongings, including his computer. He believes his computer was used for a Dota boot camp in the Archon house.

The most revealing quote for me however was: "I play video games because I enjoy them, and to be with my friends." Firebat has always been one of the nicest guys on the scene, and despite putting in more preparation than nearly everyone, he always remembers why he's doing it. He famously turned off donations on his stream for several weeks after winning the World Championship; suggesting that people donate to small streamers who need it more instead. If he feels he's lost sight of the fun, it is no surprise that he feels it is time to move on.

He said that he will still be aiming to be the highest money earner in Hearthstone, and does not expect that his change of circumstances will impact that at all.

Archon released the following statement on the news.
1 person likes this