FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SithLordOfSnark

Thought of Something

I just realized, when Standard Vs. Wild comes out in the spring, people like Sottle are going to have serious work ahead of them, making up decklists that are viable for both and able to ladder up to the highest ranks.

I seriously do not envy being an Admin of Icy-Veins when these changes come through.

This happens with every expansion regardless of a new game mode being added. Any new expansion (or adventure) brings a pile load of work with it, not only for IV but for effectively all fansites. This also holds true for all other games we have guides about.

Maybe the work that needs doing this time around are more impactful (since we're talking about more than one meta) but I am willing to bet half the work is already done in the form of things like templates.

Obviously you'll have to wait a few weeks before everyone catches up with the changes but that is only natural.

The sad thing is not only will some cards be removed, some will be added as well. And to make things even worse, the new mode will mean that the interface will have to be changed again (I really liked it). It will definitely take a ton of time to make that happen.

Yeah, Sottle will definitely have a hard time. I would like to help him, but I suck when it comes to guide writing and theorycrafting.

Did someone say... positiv? Ahuehue. Jokes aside, the non-netdecking time will take a day or two until some theorycrafted decks will show to be good. Also, there are decks on this site that do not include Naxx. You only have to swap GvG cards for other cards that could see play in the deck.

Yea but I'm sure if u add the nerf to classic set, the removal of GvG and naxx, and 200new cards, there might be just enough variables for the meta to be unpredictable. 

The changes and cards will be probably show sooner, which will result in a lot of theorycrafting and just a few days to make stuff popular. Even if it took three times longer than the popularisation of Secret Pally, the strongest decks will get popular in about a week. Anyway, looking forward to the card that Trump will totally under/overestimate.

I am pretty sure Hunters will be able to exist, just like they did pre-naxx. They will get a big hit, but not one they won't be able to recover from (unless Skill Command gets nerfed).