FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Horridon

Guest Guest

Many abilities, ack! Feel free to copy pasta these if you like into macros for your raid. Icy Veins' guide was the only source for these.

/raid 1. Farraki NW

/raid 2. Gurubashi NE

/raid 3. Drakkari SE

/raid 4. Amani SW

/raid P1 adds priority, avoid double swipe/charge, interrupt dino mender, use Control Orb to MC boss into door. P2 Lust Jalak down (60s after Amani door), then Horridon

/raid 1. Sul'lithuz Stonegazers

/raid 2. Zandalari Dinomancer

/raid 3. Farraki Skirmishers

/raid 4. Farraki Wastewalkers

/raid Kill basilisks, dispel Blazing Sunlight, avoid Sand Traps. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. To NE when done.

/raid 1. Venomous Effusions

/raid 3. Gurubashi Bloodlords

/raid 4. Gurubashi Venom Priests

/raid Kill effusions, interrupt their venom bolt volley, avoid aoe. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. To SW when done.

/raid 1. Zandalari Dinomancer

/raid 2. Risen Drakkari Warriors/Champions

/raid 3. Drakkari Frozen Warlords

/raid Dispel deadly plague. Avoid frozen orbs. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. Move to SE when done.

/raid 1. Dinomancer

/raid 2. Amani'shi Protectors/Flame Casters

/raid 3. Amani'shi Beast Shamans

/raid 4. Warbears

/raid Interrupt fireball, spread 5 apart, dehex, avoid totems. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. Move to mid when done.

Many abilities, ack! Feel free to copy pasta these if you like into macros for your raid. Icy Veins' guide was the only source for these.

/raid 1. Farraki NW

/raid 2. Gurubashi NE

/raid 3. Drakkari SE

/raid 4. Amani SW

/raid P1 adds priority, avoid double swipe/charge, interrupt dino mender, use Control Orb to MC boss into door. P2 Lust Jalak down (60s after Amani door), then Horridon

/raid 1. Sul'lithuz Stonegazers

/raid 3. Farraki Skirmishers

/raid 4. Farraki Wastewalkers

/raid Kill basilisks, dispel Blazing Sunlight, avoid Sand Traps. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. To NE when done.

/raid 1. Venomous Effusions

/raid 3. Gurubashi Bloodlords

/raid 4. Gurubashi Venom Priests

/raid Kill effusions, interrupt their venom bolt volley, avoid aoe. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. To SW when done.

/raid 1. Zandalari Dinomancer

/raid 2. Risen Drakkari Warriors/Champions

/raid 3. Drakkari Frozen Warlords

/raid Dispel deadly plague. Avoid frozen orbs. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. Move to SE when done.

/raid 1. Dinomancer

/raid 2. Amani'shi Protectors/Flame Casters

/raid 3. Amani'shi Beast Shamans

/raid 4. Warbears

/raid Interrupt fireball, spread 5 apart, dehex, avoid totems. Avoid double swipe, charge, interrupt dinomender. Move to mid when done.

• Like 1

Guest xenikos

Some of these priority lists on the guide seem very very strange.

P1 - Why Skirmishers before Wastewalkers? Isn't the DOT and Sand Traps from the Wastewalkers going to do more than the melee hits from the Skirmishers?

P2 - Why Venom Priests after Bloodlords? Venom Priests summon the Effusions, do AOE, and seem much nastier.

P3 - The Warriors and Champions don't even have an aggro table, they just do random melee hits. Does that really do more damage than the Frozen Warlods which summon orbs (which I heard was one of the most dangerous things to get hit by on the ptr), and cast Mortal Strike on the tank? Frozen Warlords should clearly be priorities above the other adds.

P4 - Yet again, the Warbears and Beast Shamans seem more dangerous than the Protectors/Flame Casters. If the flame casters are interrupted, doesn't focusing on the bears one at a time and then the shaman that pops out make more sense?

With a holy pally healing and a prot paladin tanking horridon, we literally had 0 tank swaps until Jalak due to BoP's and bubbles, this reallyyyyy simplifies this fight for your tanks if you have the correct setup, just get the boss to charge the gate and then have your tank Divine Shield/get HoP'd so you can have your tank better suited for the job tank the adds.

Edited by Mit213

Some of these priority lists on the guide seem very very strange.

P1 - Why Skirmishers before Wastewalkers? Isn't the DOT and Sand Traps from the Wastewalkers going to do more than the melee hits from the Skirmishers?

P2 - Why Venom Priests after Bloodlords? Venom Priests summon the Effusions, do AOE, and seem much nastier.

P3 - The Warriors and Champions don't even have an aggro table, they just do random melee hits. Does that really do more damage than the Frozen Warlods which summon orbs (which I heard was one of the most dangerous things to get hit by on the ptr), and cast Mortal Strike on the tank? Frozen Warlords should clearly be priorities above the other adds.

P4 - Yet again, the Warbears and Beast Shamans seem more dangerous than the Protectors/Flame Casters. If the flame casters are interrupted, doesn't focusing on the bears one at a time and then the shaman that pops out make more sense?

It may seem strange, but the "smaller adds" die in a matter of seconds if AoE-ed properly, and "bigger adds" only spawn every 20 seconds. It makes it less confusing to kill the smaller adds first, and most guilds on the PTR, including Inner Sanctum, chose to do that. We're in Europe, so we will not get to see the actual tuning of the fight until later today, but we will update the guide if necessary.

Actually, nevermind my previous comment, I'm watching videos from live servers and the "small adds" have much more health than before and they spawn in much fewer numbers. I will update the guide to reflect that.

Yeah we were overwhelmed by adds because our RL said the adds only required the attention of DKs, Warlocks, and Hunters. After two wipes, we put all the DPS on the adds and bam, there was our kill. DPS should only occur on Horridon as he is being kited to the next door. Just watch out for Double Swipe.

In section three of the guide, it reads "After 40 seconds [after a door closes], a new door will open up and a new tribe of Trolls will come to Horridon's assistance." However, in subsequent sections detailing each troll phase, (7.2.3 being the first example) it gives the timing between those two events as one minute. Which is correct?

In section three of the guide, it reads "After 40 seconds [after a door closes], a new door will open up and a new tribe of Trolls will come to Horridon's assistance." However, in subsequent sections detailing each troll phase, (7.2.3 being the first example) it gives the timing between those two events as one minute. Which is correct?

40 seconds is correct, thanks for pointing out this inconsistency :) I will fix it right away!

Guest Foxie

your point on which door each set comes from is confused, on the top it states Farraki NW door, Gurubashi NE, Drakkari SE, Amani SW, but further into the guide it states Farraki NE, Gurubashi NW, Drakkari SW, Amani SE.

Which is correct?

Guest Nina

Has anyone tried stunning, sapping, sheeping or dazing any of these adds? Did it work?

In section 3. Overview of the fight, you say :

Phase 1 - Farraki - Northwestern

Phase 2 - Gurubashi - Northeastern

Phase 3 - Drakkari - Southeastern

Phase 4 - Amani - Southwestern

However, in the respective stratagy sections you say :

7. Phase 1 - Farraki - Northeastern

8. Phase 2 - Gurubashi - Northwestern

9. Phase 3 - Drakkari - Southwestern

10. Phase 4 - Amani - Southeastern

Has anyone tried stunning, sapping, sheeping or dazing any of these adds? Did it work?

I am fairly certain that all the adds are CCable. As a monk healer, I used Ring of peace on our add tank and he went around disarming most of them.

• Like 1

Guest Nina

I guess I ought to have been more specific - can the Venomancers be sapped, sheeped, hexed, or frost trapped?

Are the number of adds different than they were before?

Yes, they've changed a lot since PTR testing.

I guess I ought to have been more specific - can the Venomancers be sapped, sheeped, hexed, or frost trapped?

Haven't managed so far. They cannot be feared/rooted/stunned

Tried Yesterday, DK / monk a tanks. Well our monk was totally raped by Horridon. With HPal Dpriest and RDruid, we couldnt keep him alive without burning mana. Sounds like it is not a fight for them :s

The tank you have chosen to tank the Farakki should be the first puller. He can get 2 stacks of Triple Puncture to lower the damage received by Horridon's tank near the end of the first door. As said, Hand of Protection from HPal is very effective to remove the debuff. Use it when Horridon cast Double Swipes, to avoid death of the 2nd target on aggro table (prolly a DD)

I wanted to say that the debuff cast by Stonegazer (Stone Gaze : 10s stun) is dispellable (it is not written on the guide, i thought it was physical, at first) and it may target a tank. Even Horridon's one. Considering their health, we put only one DD on it (we're in 10m), the others burning the WasteWalkers, dealing considerably much damage with the Blazing Sunlight.

Finally for the Dinomancer, we found it was easier to get him taunted by Horridon's tank. Not specifier in the guide, the orb is a channelled spell on click. Therefore, if a Sand Trap (or Double Swipes, Totems, Orb, etc) is around, You can just wipe :) That's why we prefered to get him on the boss. You have a fair amount of time between two Double Swipes to channel and force Horridon to close this door.

Good luck everyone

your point on which door each set comes from is confused, on the top it states Farraki NW door, Gurubashi NE, Drakkari SE, Amani SW, but further into the guide it states Farraki NE, Gurubashi NW, Drakkari SW, Amani SE.

Which is correct?

In section 3. Overview of the fight, you say :

Phase 1 - Farraki - Northwestern

Phase 2 - Gurubashi - Northeastern

Phase 3 - Drakkari - Southeastern

Phase 4 - Amani - Southwestern

However, in the respective stratagy sections you say :

7. Phase 1 - Farraki - Northeastern

8. Phase 2 - Gurubashi - Northwestern

9. Phase 3 - Drakkari - Southwestern

10. Phase 4 - Amani - Southeastern

Sorry about that, it's been fixed :)

Tried Yesterday, DK / monk a tanks. Well our monk was totally raped by Horridon. With HPal Dpriest and RDruid, we couldnt keep him alive without burning mana. Sounds like it is not a fight for them :s

The tank you have chosen to tank the Farakki should be the first puller. He can get 2 stacks of Triple Puncture to lower the damage received by Horridon's tank near the end of the first door. As said, Hand of Protection from HPal is very effective to remove the debuff. Use it when Horridon cast Double Swipes, to avoid death of the 2nd target on aggro table (prolly a DD)

I wanted to say that the debuff cast by Stonegazer (Stone Gaze : 10s stun) is dispellable (it is not written on the guide, i thought it was physical, at first) and it may target a tank. Even Horridon's one. Considering their health, we put only one DD on it (we're in 10m), the others burning the WasteWalkers, dealing considerably much damage with the Blazing Sunlight.

Finally for the Dinomancer, we found it was easier to get him taunted by Horridon's tank. Not specifier in the guide, the orb is a channelled spell on click. Therefore, if a Sand Trap (or Double Swipes, Totems, Orb, etc) is around, You can just wipe :) That's why we prefered to get him on the boss. You have a fair amount of time between two Double Swipes to channel and force Horridon to close this door.

Good luck everyone

I added the bit about Stone Gaze being dispellable to the guide, thanks for clearing this out :)

Guest Vita

Not specifier in the guide, the orb is a channelled spell on click. Therefore, if a Sand Trap (or Double Swipes, Totems, Orb, etc) is around, You can just wipe Posted Image That's why we prefered to get him on the boss.

You can walk around while channeling the orb. So you can just pick it up and run out of bad stuff. Not a reason to wipe at all.

You can walk around while channeling the orb. So you can just pick it up and run out of bad stuff. Not a reason to wipe at all.

I've amended the guide to reflect that. Thanks :)