FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Horridon

Shackle undead from preists work on the pink dino's seeing as they are undead?

I will try it tonight, but I really doubt it will work, since that considerably diminishes the difficulty of the encounter for priests. Then again, who knows :).

Right, coming back to my previous post, tried Shackle Undead on my fluffy pink dino and it does not work. Moreover, it does not even push it back like any other targeted spell would. So just forget about it, they cannot be cc'd. :).

• Like 1

Guest Patrick

Could we refrain from opening statement like "This is not a difficult encounter". I know that's a nit, but my guild always feels a little denigrated when we watch tank spot videos or read guides and everyone's comment is... it was easy... we 1 healed it and all the DPS' had their hands tied behind their backs, etc. I know I am exaggerating a bit, but it's not asking much either. Difficulty is relative.

When the line "This is not a difficult encounter" is used, it means it's easy relative to the other fights. We're not going to gauge accessibility across the board to all guilds because there is no way in the world we could judge it that way. It's easy compared to Heroic Megaera and Heroic Lei Shen. And it really truly is not a difficult encounter. Here are the things you worry about:

Tanks: Not dying, picking up adds, resetting Triple Puncture stacks.

DPS: Not dying, killing adds, handle Pink Dino, handle Charge mechanic

Healers: Not dying, dispelling, handle Pink Dino, handle Charge mechanic

That's not difficult. When we say something isn't difficult, it doesn't mean you're going to waltz in and push it over. It means you should learn the fight mechanics relatively quickly. Continuing to die to personal mistakes doesn't equate to difficulty.

• Like 1

Could we refrain from opening statement like "This is not a difficult encounter". I know that's a nit, but my guild always feels a little denigrated when we watch tank spot videos or read guides and everyone's comment is... it was easy... we 1 healed it and all the DPS' had their hands tied behind their backs, etc. I know I am exaggerating a bit, but it's not asking much either. Difficulty is relative.

We do usually refrain from making such statements (in the opening or later on in the guide). We absolutely agree that difficulty is relative. In this case, what we meant to emphasise was that the fight is easy compared to most of the other Throne of Thunder fights, not that it's just generally easy. We also wanted to emphasise the fact that the difficulty of the fight comes from the many mechanics that must be mastered, and the many adds that must be handled, and not necessarily from its tuning.

• Like 2

May I ask you guys what DPS/Healer setup did you prefer on your HC kills? :) I mean 2 or 3 healers rather? :3

Direhorns are knocked back each time they have an ability cast on them.. i'm a warlock and i use

• #showtooltip Curse of the Elements
  • /tar Direhorn Spirit
  • /cast Curse of the Elements
  • /targetlasttarget
I know our healer priest will use

• #showtooltip Dispel Magic
  • /tar Direhorn Spirit
  • /cast Dispel Magic
  • /targetlasttarget
Doesn't have to be damage. I prefer to use CoE because it's half a global and allows be to get back to focusing on damaging things that matter. Sometimes it's better to put damaging abilities if it will significantly increase your dps.. Shadow Priest dot or Affliction (Corruption) .. so on and so forth.

Guest Dia

As a priest I can sugest to use Mindbender on a Direhorn Spirit. It lets you literally almost forget about him.

Other classes can also use their pets to get them away.

May I ask you guys what DPS/Healer setup did you prefer on your HC kills? Posted Image I mean 2 or 3 healers rather? :3

we preferred 3 healers just to make sure all dispels were covered. Now you should have no problem reaching the dps requirement for this fight on 10m. If not you can always drop one or two.
  • Like 1