FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vaidab

Beat this Tempo Mage Deck

I'm constantly fighting the deck in the picture. It's a Tempo Mage GVG a bit modified from this deck.

Here it is:

9el9VP.jpg

I'm constantly losing to this deck and I'd love some hints on how to beat it.

Edited by vaidab

It will have to have cards to disrupt the strategy of tempo mages.

Zombie Chow can be pretty strong against Tempo mages and since your opponent does not run any Arcane Missiles or Arcane Blasts, Zombie Chow is even a better choice.

Kezan Mystic is a strong inclusion against Tempo Mages (the ones with secrets, of course).

Cabal Shadow Priests is a reasonable card as well, but only if you wish to play priest against this class.

Because your opponent runs Kezan, you might not want to play a class with secrets.

Sludge Belcher makes Face Hunter a bad choice, even though he is usually favoured.

Two Flamestrikes mean no flood decks, such as Zoo.

Because the deck runs 2 7+ attack minions, BGH is a strong card.

To counter Pyroblast, you need to run heals or Counterspell. Since your opponent has Kezan, heals are better.

Now, it seems that Control priest, Demon handlock, Renolock or Midrange Pally are the best choices out there. I would personally choose Control priest. Keep your Museum curators in hand to trigger Mirror Entity, try not to waste Circles (so you can trigger Counterspell). Run 2 Cabals (in place of one Lightbomb), 1 Kezan (in place of Deathlord) and try not to overextend.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tacosmoothie
      Hey all,

Not new to hearthstone but haven't been playing constantly and just jumping back in towards the end of July.  I am not sure if there's a better name or configuration for this yet but I've had some good luck with it so far.  If nothing else it's just really fun to play for me.  
      This deck has no duplicates to take advantage of Zephyrs the Great and Sir. Finley of the Sand.

Never posted a deck before so not sure if this is how of the place but feel free to give me constructive feedback.

### SoU Finloc
      # Class: Paladin
      # Format: Standard
      # Year of the Dragon
      #
      # 1x (1) Blessing of Might
      # 1x (1) Brazen Zealot
      # 1x (1) Goldshire Footman
      # 1x (1) Grimscale Oracle
      # 1x (1) Hand of Protection
      # 1x (1) Murloc Raider
      # 1x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
      # 1x (1) Murmy
      # 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
      # 1x (1) Toxfin
      # 1x (1) Voodoo Doctor
      # 1x (2) Argent Protector
      # 1x (2) Bluegill Warrior
      # 1x (2) Bug Collector
      # 1x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
      # 1x (2) Fishflinger
      # 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
      # 1x (2) Injured Tol'vir
      # 1x (2) Knife Juggler
      # 1x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
      # 1x (2) Sandwasp Queen
      # 1x (2) Sir Finley of the Sands
      # 1x (2) Sound the Bells!
      # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
      # 1x (3) Bronze Herald
      # 1x (3) Coldlight Seer
      # 1x (3) Murloc Warleader
      # 1x (3) Salhet's Pride
      # 1x (4) Murloc Tastyfin
      # 1x (6) Pharaoh's Blessing

AAECAZ8FHkaEAb8BxQPbA/4DyATXBeMFmgfQB9kH/genCLEI+ewC4okDrZQDtZgDx50Dg6ED/KMDw6QDyKQD0qUDlaYDlqYDr6cDi6kDyqsDAAA=

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• By MrGrumpyCat
      So uhm, first post here and i take the opportunity to take you guys through my fabulous journey into "breaking" the tavern brawl this morning.

So i get on that six-shooter tavern brawl with a mage decklist ( just cause i need them gold from quest ya know :D ) and on my second or third game,

I play Research Project my opponent had then 10 cards in hand and draws for the turn, but no deck refill.... He then plays Barnes, no minion comes up from the battlecry. so it aint a visual bug. start my turn, play another Research Project, my opponent fatigues for 1+2, i can then OTK him with my 0 costs spells due to my 4 copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice.
      Fun fact, the tavern brawl clearly says; Make a six-card deck and duel! Don't worry - when you're out of cards you get a free reload!.
      Can anyone recall to this happening to them or no one had the cojones to mill?

• By Ands737
      Hello, I'd like to recieve feedback on my lock's deck.
      I was away from hearthstone since the expansion before kobolds and catacombs so it has been a while. I don't have much cards from the kobolds and monsters; but still here's my deck which is fun to play.

Any suggestions on how to improve this one?

The strategy is simple; using the deathrattle minions to kill them with the other warlock's minions, and using demons so DK Gul'dan can revive them.

2x Blood Imp 2x Fire Fly 1x Glacial Shard 1x Leper Gnome 2x Sanguine Reveler 1x Voidwalker 1x Defile 2x Demonfire 2x Volatile Elemental 1x Deathspeaker 2x Devilsaur Egg 1x Tar Creeper 1x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 1x Dark Iron Dwarf 1x Hellfire 1x Pit Lord 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 2x Despicable Dreadlord 1x Doomguard 1x Twisting Nether 1x Bloodreaver Gul'dan Thanks in advance.

• By NichtSupp
      I was wondering if there was a standard deck that was reasonably cheap, and can get to a decent rank with (rank 10ish or lower). I am getting destroyed by people with full quest decks, hoping to craft one soon myself, need a decent deck for now.
    • By TheBeninator
      Hey everyone, mediocre deck builder here. I love experimenting with new decks and wanted to try a new totem shaman deck after Blizzard´s patch reworking shaman/aggro cards.
      Note: This deck is made for AFTER Blizzard´s next patch.
      Decklist:
      2x Totemic Might
      1x Evolve
      2x Lightning Bolt
      2x Primal Fusion
      2x Spirit Claws
      2x Flametongue Totem
      2x Totem Golem
      2x Hex
      2x Tuskarr Totemic
      2x Mana Tide Totem
      2x Thunder Bluff Valiant
      1x Bloodlust
      2x Thing from Below
      2x Master of Evolution
      2x Azure Drake
      2x Fire Elemental
      If you hadn´t noticed already, its a very cheap deck to make because of the lack of epic and legendary minions.
      Strategy
      Flood the board with totems early game and control the board with Totem Golem, Spirit Claws, Lightning Bolt, etc.
      Try to buff at least 2 or more totems with Totemic Might Early game to give the totems more survivability. 
      Bloodlust Can get you the early win if you have enough totems on the board.
      Evolve Is a good card for having lots of smallish minions on the board and can sometimes give you a charger to close the game.
      Azure Drake Combines well with Spirit Claws and draws a card. (Who doesn´t love some good card draw?)
      Master of Evolution A master of evolution. Need I say more? Yea, probably. He curves perfectly with Tuskarr Totemic and can turn that 3/2 body into a 4/5 minion or something more useful. What could possibly go wrong?
      Final Additions
      This the first deck I´ve tried to explain on a website, and I´m not too great at building decks so if you have any questions or thoughts put them in the comments so I can reply and add them to the explanation.