FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic

You really should be running these tests in a raid environment. Try running them in LFR where you are *almost* guaranteed to have all of the buffs and see what works for you.

You really should be running these tests in a raid environment. Try running them in LFR where you are *almost* guaranteed to have all of the buffs and see what works for you.

Raid buffs and fight mechanics have a heavy effect on stat weights, as omaric points out. Mastery isn't that great on a dummy because you don't get +5% crit and *1.05 haste from raid buffs, which means you generate a lot less embers passively even single target.

Raid buffs and fight mechanics have a heavy effect on stat weights, as omaric points out. Mastery isn't that great on a dummy because you don't get +5% crit and *1.05 haste from raid buffs, which means you generate a lot less embers passively even single target.

Not to mention no execute phases. =D

The only time I can really see casting Havoc on Horridon (assuming you're struggling with heroic progression), is if you're moving to a new door and there's only 1 add left OR if you're at the end of the fight and the big bad troll dude finally jumped down. Otherwise Shadowburn'ing 2-3 mobs with a Havoc on a high health add seems to give you the most bang.

It's pretty important to be able to keep some DPS going on Horridon, especially in Heroic. Havoc'ing 3 Shadowburns onto him anytime after he bashes the first door will make him the priority Havoc target because of his stacking 50/100/150/200% increased damage debuff. You'll be hitting the Frozen Lord on the 3rd door with Shadowburn for like 450k crits while Horridon is back there taking back to back to back 1.5M crits. Destruction's strength in this fight comes from its cleave and heavy execute. If there isn't steady DPS going on Horridon as the fight progresses, the Enrage timer isn't going to be friendly to you.

I mean if you're constantly getting to the final phase and wiping there, I agree with you. Until then, it seems they require more help getting the adds under control.

I mean if you're constantly getting to the final phase and wiping there, I agree with you. Until then, it seems they require more help getting the adds under control.

^^

We actually had all of our dps completely ignore horridon for a bunch of pulls until we could continually push the door mechanics.

Add damage isn't the issue with Heroic Horridon for our group. People just seem to not be able to avoid Sand Trap, Poison Clouds, Frozen Orbs, Totems, and Double Swipe. If people focused on the shit happening around them, we wouldn't have wiped for 10 hours. The door mechanics are exactly the same, both in normal and heroic, for each door. Kill the major add ASAP, AoE down the minor adds, avoid environmental damage. If you can put together 10/25 people who can do that, you got yourself a kill.

Just a tip for Magaera as Destruction: Your RoF can hit 2 adjacent heads simultaneously. Just position it exactly between both heads, but near the water. You lose some effective max range doing this, but your ember generation will improve.

Just a tip for Magaera as Destruction: Your RoF can hit 2 adjacent heads simultaneously. Just position it exactly between both heads, but near the water. You lose some effective max range doing this, but your ember generation will improve.

If you run mannoroth's, on heroic you can hit both heads at any point in the fight w/ good positioning.

For Twin Consorts I macro'd

#showtooltip Havoc

/target Suen

/cast Havoc

/targetlasttarget

When Suen pops up, you can do some extra damage to her since her health doesn't reset.

For Twin Consorts I macro'd

#showtooltip Havoc

/target Suen

/cast Havoc

/targetlasttarget

When Suen pops up, you can do some extra damage to her since her health doesn't reset.

The problem with specific macros are that you have to customize them before each battle. Try to use focus macros instead. Set one of the ladies as your focus and have your macro focus based. Also, Suen is your kill priority in P3, not Lu.

I think he meant for p1 and p2, because if you focus Suen before fight starts, your focus disappears with her.

Edited by Sifon

165k Dps last night in Primordius, didn't know if it's good or not at ilvl 514 as affliction, btw, any tips for Iron Quon and Twin Consorts?

I have a bad feeling about both fights.

Iron Qon is a disappointingly easy fight. In the PTR, he had a 10 minute enrage which would have made this fight a proper DPS tuning wall. They, however, removed it, thus removing any difficulty of the fight. In P1, get as much damage in as possible (should be using Bloodlust at the start) and do the proper stacking rotation. For Warlocks, Unending Resolve and Sac Pact makes the damage you take negligible. In P2, use your properly placed Gateway to escape from the tornadoes. Pummel more DPS into him while avoiding lines and clicking people who become stunned. In P3, avoid your teammates until the debuff wears off. If he puts his shield up, don't attack him. If you do fire off a Chaos Bolt or Haunt, your Ember/Soul Shard will be reimbursed if it is absorbed by the shield (silly, IMO...should be penalized for attacking a shield). In P4, stack and blow your load to kill him before he kills you. P4 is all about your healers (aka, use Spirit Shell liberally).

Twins is the easiest fight in the raid. Wish I was joking. It's easier than Jin'rokh. TL;DR: Stay spread out, one person learn how to connect the dots. Kill Suen in P3. Easy mode.

IQ is easier than Dark Animus ? 0.o

My core, after - and i have shame of it - 75 wipes at dorumu, kill Primordius and Dark Animus after 10 tryes in each one.

Now I have some hope in kill IQ and Twins this week, lets see...my core have a serious problem with 1 unskilled Healer and full of average dps,

I will probably do the Dot part at Twins. Sad.

Edited by JvChequer

Heroic Horridon (affliction PoV). You do not want to use the macro:

/target Direhorn Spirit

/cast Fel Flame

/targetlasttarget

Replace Fel Flame with Corruption to save mana. Corruption works! Seed of Corruption on adds and even SB:CoE work on the pink dino as well. Even a better idea is to use GoSup with an imp and 2 macros:

/petpassive

/petattack [target=Direhorn Spirit]

/petassist

When the dino is close use the 1st. When it is far away use the 2nd. These macros will make your life much easier.

• Like 2

Updated for Heroic Council. Killed it last night using strategy explained. Will be doing Heroic Tortos, Heroic Megaera, Heroic Ji'Kun, Heroic Primordius, and Heroic Iron Qon very soon, if not this week. Guild I joined was 5/13H and hit 6/13H with our Council kill last night.

Updated for Heroic Council. Killed it last night using strategy explained. Will be doing Heroic Tortos, Heroic Megaera, Heroic Ji'Kun, Heroic Primordius, and Heroic Iron Qon very soon, if not this week. Guild I joined was 5/13H and hit 6/13H with our Council kill last night.

Heheh if you want input just ask.

I'd also like to note that, seemingly, no matter how much time between our council pulls last night, my unerring proc'd on the second hit EVERY FREAKING TIME. Its amazing, I've gotten into a rotation of curse cycling, full cds, double hog into meta, unerring proc, DOOM EVERYTHING. 4 Sets of doom rolling...I peaked at 450k on one pull last night *teehee*.

Edited by gahddo

Yeah it's pretty nasty. I spiked up to 550k with so many Imps...I mean they literally formed two full circles around me, 10 in each circle. The little green lazors of doom were AMAZING to watch travel towards the boss's face. I'm thinking similar results for Megaera. I'll probably be Destro for Ji'Kun and Primordius but Demo for the rest.

Yeah it's pretty nasty. I spiked up to 550k with so many Imps...I mean they literally formed two full circles around me, 10 in each circle. The little green lazors of doom were AMAZING to watch travel towards the boss's face. I'm thinking similar results for Megaera. I'll probably be Destro for Ji'Kun and Primordius but Demo for the rest.

Depending on how you handle adds, seeing as you're in a 10m now right?, megaera can be very very good as destruction. The raw dps destro does to the adds passively while basically spamming CB/SB most of the fight, is quite funny. Also, update your epeen forum sig :P.

Edited by gahddo

Yeah, I have to. I'm sad I lost all of my Mal'Ganis logs. Now my data will be in two difference places. Since I was assigned to adds on Council, my DPS fell a bit. I was in the 48th percentile yet ranked 20th. My napkin math indicates only 39 Demo Warlocks have beaten that encounter on 10 man. Seems...sketchy at best. But yeah, I'm going to cheese some LFR this weekend and pad some rankings again to fill up my page haha