FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CrtAd8

Is there a max amount of multistrike that a MW monk needs to get and then go to crit.I have around 35% multistrike.

yes thier is, and it is 59% multistrike. because when u have well fed buff and 5% multistike u will reach 65%. and u have a passive proc that gives u 35% and u don't want to over cap on multistrike, so when u have 59% u can start to go after crit!

I cant find any info on an achievable hard cap.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1605914-Mistweavers-of-Draenor-A-Guide-to-PvE-Healing-6-0?p=30896518&viewfull=1#post30896518

This is the most/best theorycraft info i can find on the stats.

yes thier is, and it is 59% multistrike. because when u have well fed buff and 5% multistike u will reach 65%. and u have a passive proc that gives u 35% and u don't want to over cap on multistrike, so when u have 59% u can start to go after crit!

Remember that the 5% attunement is multiplicative and not additional.

59% multi + 5% = 61.95%

The 35% is also a multiplicative buff not an addition figure.

61.95% + 35% = 83.63%

TL;DR

Stack multistrike

That cap is mainly for Windwalker monks and only applies to MW if you are Fistweaving for large portions of fights.

59% multi + 5% = 61.95%

61.95% + 35% = 83.63%

TL;DR

Stack multistrike

The only stat that is multiplicative in nature is Haste, everything else is additive (not including attunements, which are multiplicative).  The 35% MS from Tiger Strikes procs is added on top of your current MS.  That's why the cap is 59%, the 5% raid buff + 35% from TS would put at 100% MS (or rather, just at it).

The only stat that is multiplicative in nature is Haste, everything else is additive (not including attunements, which are multiplicative).  The 35% MS from Tiger Strikes procs is added on top of your current MS.  That's why the cap is 59%, the 5% raid buff + 35% from TS would put at 100% MS (or rather, just at it).

My bad,

I was half right then :P

That cap is mainly for Windwalker monks and only applies to MW if you are Fistweaving for large portions of fights.

59% multi + 5% = 61.95%

61.95% + 35% = 83.63%

TL;DR

Stack multistrike

Actually that is incorrect. The main reason 59% Multistrike is the soft cap is mostly due to diminishing returns. The closer one gets to 65% multistrike, the less it becomes valuable. Think of it like a bouncy ball. You bounce it toward a location, and it bounces many times. However the hight of the bounce becomes smaller and smaller the closer to the location. Semi-similar concept. There is a better math example but I know a lot of people are not that good at math. At ~59% Versatility actually becomes the better stat...FOR SINGLE TARGET/Serenity. If you are running with Chi Explosion, Haste is still your primary stat; followed by multistrike.

Edited by Hinalover