FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Throne of Thunder Balance Druid Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Balance Druids attempting bosses in the Throne of Thunder. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread Posted Image

Table of Contents

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Useful talents:Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks:

• spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation and achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil stack very well with inv_misc_volatilewater.jpgFluidity, the buff you get while standing in the Conductive Water.
  • For spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis, try the following.

• spell_shadow_demonictactics.jpgUnending Resolve from Warlocks is good for all damage reduction (ability_vehicle_electrocharge.jpgFocused Lightning's explosion or spell_shaman_thunderstorm.jpgLightning Storm).
  • spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell from Death Knights is great as well since all the raid damage is magical. In Heroic Mode, this is a must (if you can), as it allows you to negate spell_nature_callstorm.jpgIonization, a heroic-only mechanic, every time it is cast, preventing it from being applied to you.
  • spell_shadow_nethercloak.jpgCloak of Shadows from Rogues is great from dropping off the Focused Lightning without taking damage.
  • ability_warrior_victoryrush.jpgIntervene from Warriors can be useful to help you stack quicker. It also gives the Warrior spell_druid_stamedingroar.jpgStampeding Shout, which can help ranged players spread after Lightning Storm.
Links:

Horridon

Useful talents:

Talent choices may depend on what phase your raid has the most trouble with.

• ability_druid_manatree.jpgSoul of the Forest or spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation with spell_holy_blessingofagility.jpgHeart of the Wild will provide nice steady damage for taking out the waves of adds you have to deal with, Soul of the forest granting more frequent uses of ability_druid_starfall.jpgStarfall.
  • If you take the spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation with achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil setup ,you will get a great benefit at the end when Horridon is taking 200% more damage, you will be dealing a lot more damage and healing the tank who will be taking a huge beating at that time.
Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks:

• For spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis, you can consider the following classes.

• spell_shadow_demonictactics.jpgUnending Resolve from Warlocks is a great defensive cooldown.
  • spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell from Death Knights is a little weaker in this fight since you can only lower damage from certain debuffs, most of which should be cleansed off of you anyways.
  • spell_shadow_nethercloak.jpgCloak of Shadows from Rogues can be used for clearing your own debuffs if the healers are slow.
  • If you need more add control, ability_hunter_misdirection.jpgMisdirection from Hunters and spell_holy_sealofmight.jpgHammer of Justice from Paladins can help.
  • You could take spell_arcane_massdispel.jpgMass Dispel from Priests, but it only has use during the Farraki door.
Links:

Council of Elders

Useful talents:These two talents are useful because you always have 4 targets to dot and gain spell_arcane_arcane03.jpgStarsurge procs off of.

Tips and Tricks:

Make a macro for finding the Loa Spirits that should die asap. (can be hard to target if living sands are around)

/tar Blessed Loa Spirit/tar Shadowed Loa Spirit/cast Starsurge

Double dot all 4 bosses, and then spam SS on the empowered boss/current raid target.

don't bother hard casting nukes (unless 1 cast away from going into eclipse) just double dot and SS.

Only hard cast on the Loa Spirit as that needs to die ASAP. I was getting SS procs so fast that i didn't want to be caught casting a hard nuke as I would often loose a SS proc that way.

Don't try to save spell_nature_natureguardian.jpgCelestial Alignment for the extra starfall for the living sands, use CA as often as possible to save GCD's from double dotting all bosses+ extra dot eclipse dmg.

Watch out on the Kazra'jin Overload reflection, with some 'lucky' SS procs you can kill yourself in a matter of seconds. I had to stop all damage and use a healthstone when I had 3 SS procs in a row, if the 3rd had crit I would have died.

For your survivability, give spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis to a warlock, or rouge. (or if a dps DK really wants it for shrooming the living sands.) use the defensive CD if you are targeted/bad stacking of Biting Cold.

Links:

Tortos

Useful talents:Soul of the Forest and Heart of the Wild are useful because you always have 4 targets to dot and gain spell_arcane_arcane03.jpgStarsurge procs off of.

Tips and Tricks:

Make a macro for finding the Whirl Turtles (can be sometimes be hard to target them if they spin in the boss/bats) First you should set the current turtle that your raid has marked as your focus with a /focus macro and use that focus to easily target your current nuke turtle.

As range, you will be around 98% of the time on the Whirl Turtles. The few casts I had that were not dotting all 3 Whirl Turtles and hard nuking the first one where used to place wild mushrooms at Vampiric Cave Bats collection/aoe location and then dot the boss. Try to dot/SS proc the boss when a turtle has just been kicked into him for the extra damage

Since the buff to ability_druid_naturalperfection.jpgCenarion Ward in 5.2 I have found I have been favouring it heavily over other talents on that tier, especially on Tortos, you can use it before spell_nature_earthquake.jpgQuake Stomp and the healing effect will kick in from the stomp damage and help healers who are dealing with the splash damage from the falling stalactites. Cenarion Ward will be up for every stomp thanks to its short CD, and can also be used to help healers keep the bat tank above 350k health (for normal mode) so the bats do not start to heal.

Regarding spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis, there are many things to consider. spell_shadow_demonictactics.jpgUnending Resolve from a Warlock will again help with any damage in this fight. spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell from a Death Knight and spell_shadow_nethercloak.jpgCloak of Shadows from a Rogue can help mitigate damage from the after shock of falling stalactites, I have not tested this yet but it may be possible to cloak before a stalactite lands and avoid having to move out of the blue circle. I had some problems with ability_druid_starfall.jpgStarfall pulling vampiric bats away from the group before they were low enough to the ground for the tank to hit and aggro, so I have started using trade_engineering.jpgThrow Ball from Hunters instead. With a 30-second cooldown it should be ready for every Starfall. I don't check to see if any bats are coming down, I just misdirect to the bat tank and hit Starfall together to avoid the situation entirely. I tend to prefer Misdirection over the defensive CD options since much of the damage in this fight can be avoided by dodging turtles, getting out of blue circles and having your raid spread.

My Misdirection Macro:

/tar (tank name here)/use Misdirection/targetlasttarget

Links:

Megaera

Useful talents:These talents are useful because of some extra mobility and they help with DPS during rampages and helps heal your raid, which is especially helpful during the later parts of the fight when the damage really ramps up.

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

For your survivability, give spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis to a warlock, rouge, or a dps DK to use during rampages. You could also give it to a stampede.

Save NV (with Incarnation) for the rampage. The healers will thank you. It shouldn't waste too much of the CD as the heads die frequently and lined up fairly well with new 90 sec NV.

Displacer beast is VERY useful for quick movement from any of the boss abilities: Cinders, Torrent of Ice, Acid Rain. As well as for getting to/from the stack up point.

We had range be at near max range to reduce interaction of abilities for the melee/range, and would group up on melee for rampage. So Stampede was extremely helpful for range to get back to max range when rampage was over, not just for the dps time, but more of the special abilities not targeting one of the range when they are next to the melee.

inv_misc_petmoonkinta.jpgGlyph of the Moonbeast - there are 4-5 seconds from when a head dies to when Rampage starts that allows you to cast rejuv out on people before there is anything to dps - the healing will add up a lot over the course of the fight and is very intensive during rampage, especially during the 5th 6th and 7th rampages.

Links:

Ji-Kun

Useful talents:Useful glyphs:Tips and Tricks:
  • For spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis, take spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell from Death Knights. If you cast Anti-Magic Shell AFTER you have started taking damage from the inv_misc_slime_01.jpgFeed Young pools but before the 3 seconds are up to consume it, you will not get the permanent or temporary slimed debuff. This Will help a lot to clear the main platform of these pools w/o causing extra raid damage. If there is no Death Knight available, then get a defensive cooldown for ability_hunter_pet_dragonhawk.jpgQuills to help your healers.
  • If you are not taking care of the nests, then it is 'mostly' a stand still fight. Every 1 minute you need to fight the pushback ability_druid_galewinds.jpgDown Draft, and you need to keep avoiding the Feed Young pools.
  • For Downdraft, it is recommended to cast spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat.jpgStampeding Roar at melee range, to get apply it on as many players as possible.
  • If you are taking care of the nests, you can jump down before the fight and place your Mushrooms. Then you can fall off the nest and be slowly dragged up back to the main platform. The distance between the platform and the nests is too great to detonate the Mushrooms from the platform, but small enough that they don't despawn. Note, it will take you a bit of time to slowly get dragged up, if your raid is in a hurry, you might not have this option. When the adds activate on a nest, detonate your Mushrooms. Re-apply them mid-air and detonate them again as you land, then use spell_nature_cyclone.jpgHurricane.
  • spell_nature_stoneclawtotem.jpgBarkskin can be used for every ability_hunter_pet_dragonhawk.jpgQuills to reduce healer strain.
Links:

Durumu the Forgotten

Useful talents: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Primordius

Links:

Dark Animus

Links:

Iron Qon

Links:

Twin Consorts

Links:

Lei Shen

Links:

Changelog

• 27 Mar. 2013: Added tips from broodling67 on Tortos and Ji-Kun, and tips from finnmaccool on Ji-Kun.
  • 22 Mar. 2013: Fixed error spotted by broodling67 and added Xellis' tip Jin'rokh HC.
  • 15 Mar. 2013: Added broodling67's tips for Jin'rokh and Horridon.
  • 12 Mar. 2013: Added finnmaccool's tips for Council of Elders, Tortos, and Megaera.

Counsel of elders,

Talents:

I used SoTF, and HoTW, you have 4 targets to dot up all the time.

Glyphs : irrelevant really.

make a macro for finding the little add that needs to die asap. (can be hard to target if living sands are around)

/tar Blessed Loa Spirit

/tar Shadowed Loa Spirit

/cast starsurge

Double dot all 4 bosses, and then spam SS on the empowered boss/current raid target.

don't bother hard casting nukes (unless 1 cast away from going into eclipse) just double dot and SS.

Only hard cast on the Loa Spirit as that needs to die ASAP. I was getting SS procs so fast that i didn't want to be caught casting a hard nuke as I would often loose a SS proc that way.

don't try to save CA for the extra starfall for the living sands, use CA as often as possible to save GCD's from double dotting all bosses+ extra dot eclipse dmg.

watch out on the Kazra'jin Overload reflection, with some 'lucky' SS procs you can kill yourself in a matter of seconds. I had to stop all dmg and use healthstone when I had 3 SS procs in a row, had the 3rd crit i would have died.

for your survivability, give symbiosis to a warlock, or rouge. (or if a dps DK really wants it for shrooming the living sands.) use the defensive CD if you are targeted/bad stacking of Biting Cold.

Tortos:

Talents

I used SoTF, and HoTW, you have 4 targets to dot up all the time.

Glyphs : irrelevant really.

make a macro for finding the little turtles (can be sometimes be hard to target them if they spin in the boss/bats)

/tar Whirl Turtles

/cast starsurge /moonfire

As range, you will be around 98% of the time on the Whirl Turtles.

few casts I had that were not dotting all 3 Whirl Turtles and hard nuking the first one where used to place wild mushrooms at Vampiric Cave Bats collection/aoe location. and Dot the boss. Try to dot/SS proc the boss when a turle has just been kicked into him for the extra dmg.

Symbious doesn't help, give DK dps for AoE Vampiric Cave Bats.

anyone try Force of nature for attacking the boss durring extra dmg from turtles? (depending on raid compossion of range/melee you will not really be given the opportunity to nuke boss during extra dmg, but will still be on Whirl Turtles - hence not taking the DPS cooldown talents.

Megaera.

talents:

Incarnation, NV, displacer beast

glyphs:

30 yard stampede, moonbeast.

Symbiosis:

any of the major defensive CD's, you will be given the opportunity to use them! (if you are the only druid, then perhaps warrior for another stampeding roar)

Save NV (incarnation) for the heads rampage. the healers will thank you. it shouldn't waste too much of the CD as the heads die frequently and lined up fairly well with new 90 sec NV.

Displacer beast is VERY usefull for quick movement from any of the abilities: Cinders, Torrent of Ice, Acid Rain. As well as for getting to/from the stack up point.

We had range be at near max range to reduce interaction of abilities for the melee/range, and would group up on melee for rampage. so SR was extremely helpful for range to get back to max range when rampage was over. - not just the dps time, but more of the special abilities not targeting one of the range when they are next to the melee.

glyph of moonbeast - there are 4-5 seconds from when a head dies, to when Rampage starts... cast rejuv out on people before there is anything to dps - the healing will add up a lot over the course of the fight and is very intensive during rampage.

• Like 1

*snip*

Thanks for your contribution!

I edited the original post to reflect what you have said.

the reason for using a /tar whirl instead of focus, is that the problem (if it even happens to you, doesn't always happen that the turtle that you need to kill next spins into the bats/boss) only occurs when switching target from the turtle u just killed, to the next one, and presumably you wouldn't waste time to put your next target on focus in the case of it being hard to target.

TBH, we have already spoke more about this than the minor focus/tar trick is worth lol.

tip for Ji-Kun:

I have not had to go do egg platforms or even kill it so will not say much here. just worth noting two things.

1) glyph 30 yr stampeding roar for the downdraft, as everyone has said speed boosts are a must if u don't want to get knocked off.

2) give Symb to a DK so that you have AMS. Use this as soon as you step into the feed pools on main platform. This will prevent you from getting the Slimed debuff from that pool (both the 15 sec dot, and permanent stack 10% more dmg received.) then you should use it every time its off CD to eat the pools.

Edited by finnmaccool
  • Like 1

The reason I say to use a focus macro is because the previous macro proposed is very ambiguous. It targets a random turtle and not a specific one. During this boss encounter you are suppose to focus a specific turtle marked with a skull.

So what is the solution to this? The best thing in my opinion since the focus macro does not work is just use a /tar [@focus] and just DPS it instead and use this macro to target your focus.

Thanks for your contribution, but i do not think an ambiguous macro like that is useful. Regardless, I will leave your post there for interested readers and some may find it useful. I will remove the previously posted macro.

In the Jin'rokh encounter I would suggest the Incarnation and Nature's Vigil talents, they stack very well with the Fluidity, for that purpose you must make sure to wait and use them only while standing in a puddle. Depending what you have available I would suggest Warlock, DK and rogue, in that order, for symbiosis target. Unending Resolve is a good catch all damage reduction, AMS is good too since all the raid damage is magical, if you take it I would save Cloak of Shadows for dropping off Focused Lightning so you take no damage. Intervene has the small niche of helping you stack quicker and giving a warrior Stampeding Shout to help ranged spread after lightning storm is done.

On Horridon talent choices I think depend on what phase your raid has most trouble with, using Soul of the Forest or Incarnation with Heart of the Wild will provide nice steady damage for taking out the waves of adds you have to deal with, Soul of the forest granting more frequent uses of starfall. But if you take the Incarnation with Nature's Vigil setup you will get a great benefit at the end when horridon is taking 200% more damage, you will be dealing a lot more damage and healing the tank who will be taking a huge beating at that time. For talents any of the defensive skill are good again, Unending Resolve for reducing any damage, AMS is a little weaker here since you can only lower damage from certain debuffs, most of which should be cleansed off of you anyways, and Cloak for clearing your own debuffs if the healers are slow. If you need more add control, Misdirection and Hammer of Justice can help. You could take Mass Dispel but I don't reccomend it since it only has use during one door.

Edited by broodling67
  • Like 1

I'm glad those tips might help. One small mistake in the original post for Horridon, Mass Dispel works on magic effects which is the Farraki door, not the Gurubashi who do poison.

• Like 1

For Jin'rokh, Balance druids NEED to take symbiosis AMS if they can, you can negate the heroic mechanic Ionization every time before it's cast and it won't be applied to you.

• Like 1

I'm glad those tips might help. One small mistake in the original post for Horridon, Mass Dispel works on magic effects which is the Farraki door, not the Gurubashi who do poison.

For Jin'rokh, Balance druids NEED to take symbiosis AMS if they can, you can negate the heroic mechanic Ionization every time before it's cast and it won't be applied to you.

Thanks, I fixed the error and added the new tip :)

Since the buff to Cenarion Ward in 5.2 I have found I have been favouring it heavily over other talents on that tier, especially on Tortos, you can use it before Quake Stomp and the healing effect will kick in from the stomp damage and help healers who are dealing with the splash damage from the falling stalactites. CW will be up for every stomp thanks to it's short CD, can also be used to help healers keep the bat tank above 350k health (for normal mode) so the bats do not start to heal.

Unending Resolve will again help with any damage in this fight. Anti-Magic Shell and Cloak of Shadows can help mitigate damage from the after shock of falling stalactites, I have not tested this yet but it may be possible to cloak before a stalactite lands and avoid having to move out of the blue circle. I had some problems with starfall pulling vampiric bats away from the group before they were low enough to the ground for the tank to hit and aggro so I have started using Misdirection from hunters instead, with a 30 sec cooldown it should be ready for every starfall, I don't check to see if any bats are coming down, I just misdirect to the bat tank and hit starfall together to avoid the situation entirely. I tend to prefer Misdirection over the defensive CD options since much of the damage in this fight can be avoided by dodging turtles, getting out of blue circles and having your raid spread.

My Misdirection Macro:

/tar (tank name here)

/use Misdirection

/targetlasttarget

For Ji-Kun, I recommend the Displacer Beast Talent for dealing with Down Draft, and the use of the Glyph of Stampeding Roar and Glyph of Stampede if your raid needs an aoe speed boost. I would stick with Incarnation and Heart of the Wild for this fight. If you are good at catching the food mid air to gain the Primal Nutriment buff it might be more dps to use Nature's Vigil with Incarntation. This is already sort of an advanced technique to use and Feed Young may not line up properly with cooldown usage so it might be easier to just use Inc+HotW.

Ji-Kun

talents

Displacer beast - it is VERY nice for downdraft.

Centurion ward or NS (self healing if not getting enough on quills... renewal has too long a CD)

incarnation

NV vs HoTW. if not doing platforms than person preference /raid composition.

If you are assigned to go do platforms than NV, so you can gain extra from the primal nourishment buff.

Glyphs

30 yrd stampeding roar to cast every other downdraft (due to SR CD).

shapeshift SR glyph will save you a few GCDs.. but pretty minor.

Symbiosis - DK for AMS. if you cast AMS AFTER you have started taking dmg from the feed pools but b4 the 3 seconds are up to consume it, you will not get the permanent or temporary slimed debuff. Will help a lot to clear the main platform of these pools w/o causing extra raid dmg.

If no DK, then any defensive CD for the Quills to help healers out, or if you are on platform and platform healer didn't make it/ can't keep you all up.

Tips.

if you are not doing platform, it is 'mostly' a stand still dps. every ~1 minute u need to fight the pushback from Downdraft. and minor movement to avoid/get into feed pools.

I find its best to cast SR at melee range (to get everyone that is spread out on the platform) and then get a hard nuke or 2 as getting pushed back and then use DB to jump forward again.

See Symbiosis about feed pools.

If you are doing platforms, jump down pre fight, place shrooms, and fall off to slowly get dragged up. this will allow you to detonate them when you jump down to that platform later in fight. (the distance is too great to detonate them from main platform, but small enough that they don't despawn.) Note, it will take you a bit of time to slowly get dragged up, if your raid is doing pulls FAST you might not have this option.

After you have used your initial shrooms, when falling onto platforms plant them in mid air as you fall. Don't bother dotting the small adds as they will die too fast, just detonate the shrooms you cast mid air, and hurricane.

(not sure about math if you only manage to get 2 out mid air if it is better to cast 3rd, or just detonate with 2 and move on to hurricane.)

Barkskin can be used for every quill to reduce healer strain.

Durumu

to come later when I have the time to write it... fyi, we suck with all the movement on that fight... moonkat if you know how :(

in SHORT, HoTW to either moonkat or heal during disintegration beams.

Since the buff to Cenarion Ward in 5.2 I have found I have been favouring it heavily over other talents on that tier, especially on Tortos, you can use it before Quake Stomp and the healing effect will kick in from the stomp damage and help healers who are dealing with the splash damage from the falling stalactites. CW will be up for every stomp thanks to it's short CD, can also be used to help healers keep the bat tank above 350k health (for normal mode) so the bats do not start to heal. Unending Resolve will again help with any damage in this fight. Anti-Magic Shell and Cloak of Shadows can help mitigate damage from the after shock of falling stalactites, I have not tested this yet but it may be possible to cloak before a stalactite lands and avoid having to move out of the blue circle. I had some problems with starfall pulling vampiric bats away from the group before they were low enough to the ground for the tank to hit and aggro so I have started using Misdirection from hunters instead, with a 30 sec cooldown it should be ready for every starfall, I don't check to see if any bats are coming down, I just misdirect to the bat tank and hit starfall together to avoid the situation entirely. I tend to prefer Misdirection over the defensive CD options since much of the damage in this fight can be avoided by dodging turtles, getting out of blue circles and having your raid spread. My Misdirection Macro: /tar (tank name here) /use Misdirection /targetlasttarget For Ji-Kun, I recommend the Displacer Beast Talent for dealing with Down Draft, and the use of the Glyph of Stampeding Roar and Glyph of Stampede if your raid needs an aoe speed boost. I would stick with Incarnation and Heart of the Wild for this fight. If you are good at catching the food mid air to gain the Primal Nutriment buff it might be more dps to use Nature's Vigil with Incarntation. This is already sort of an advanced technique to use and Feed Young may not line up properly with cooldown usage so it might be easier to just use Inc+HotW.

Ji-Kun talents Displacer beast - it is VERY nice for downdraft. Centurion ward or NS (self healing if not getting enough on quills... renewal has too long a CD) incarnation NV vs HoTW. if not doing platforms than person preference /raid composition. If you are assigned to go do platforms than NV, so you can gain extra from the primal nourishment buff. Glyphs 30 yrd stampeding roar to cast every other downdraft (due to SR CD). shapeshift SR glyph will save you a few GCDs.. but pretty minor. Symbiosis - DK for AMS. if you cast AMS AFTER you have started taking dmg from the feed pools but b4 the 3 seconds are up to consume it, you will not get the permanent or temporary slimed debuff. Will help a lot to clear the main platform of these pools w/o causing extra raid dmg. If no DK, then any defensive CD for the Quills to help healers out, or if you are on platform and platform healer didn't make it/ can't keep you all up. Tips. if you are not doing platform, it is 'mostly' a stand still dps. every ~1 minute u need to fight the pushback from Downdraft. and minor movement to avoid/get into feed pools. I find its best to cast SR at melee range (to get everyone that is spread out on the platform) and then get a hard nuke or 2 as getting pushed back and then use DB to jump forward again. See Symbiosis about feed pools. If you are doing platforms, jump down pre fight, place shrooms, and fall off to slowly get dragged up. this will allow you to detonate them when you jump down to that platform later in fight. (the distance is too great to detonate them from main platform, but small enough that they don't despawn.) Note, it will take you a bit of time to slowly get dragged up, if your raid is doing pulls FAST you might not have this option. After you have used your initial shrooms, when falling onto platforms plant them in mid air as you fall. Don't bother dotting the small adds as they will die too fast, just detonate the shrooms you cast mid air, and hurricane. (not sure about math if you only manage to get 2 out mid air if it is better to cast 3rd, or just detonate with 2 and move on to hurricane.) Barkskin can be used for every quill to reduce healer strain. Durumu to come later when I have the time to write it... fyi, we suck with all the movement on that fight... moonkat if you know how :( in SHORT, HoTW to either moonkat or heal during disintegration beams.

Thanks guys, I added all that!

Could you explane why Soul of the Forest is best choice for Council of Elders and Tortos? It's looks strange. Starfall is around 10 persent from total DPS, not more. Are you sure that SoF will be better then Incarnation?

Could you explane why Soul of the Forest is best choice for Council of Elders and Tortos? It's looks strange. Starfall is around 10 persent from total DPS, not more. Are you sure that SoF will be better then Incarnation?

I have not played boomkin extensively this expansion. So please take my information with a grain of salt.

I wrote that in because of a suggestion that someone made in this guide, so if he wants to elaborate more, then he may do so.

My understanding is since Soul of the forest pushes you though eclipses faster, you will be able to benefit from the Natures grace buff more often on this multi target fight then on a single target fight, because of all the starsurge procs you will be getting from multi dotting all the bosses.

Because you are spamming starsurge for the majority of the fight, you will reach eclipses sooner and your dots will benefit from the extra haste and your starsurges will have eclipse buffed damage more often as well. On top of using starfall more often.

I hope that makes sense. I think incarnation would be better on this fight IF your raid is having trouble getting past the 25% health threshold you need before they reach 100 energy. If that is the case incarnation would be better since you can do more damage to the boss that needs to be pushed quicker then with SotF.

Anything confuse you? Again, as I said I have not played boomkin at all this expansion, so I'm just trying to say what I think makes the most sense.

In the end, most of this is opinions based and could vary by play style.

My understanding is since Soul of the forest pushes you though eclipses faster, you will be able to benefit from the Natures grace buff more often on this multi target fight then on a single target fight, because of all the starsurge procs you will be getting from multi dotting all the bosses.

Because you are spamming starsurge for the majority of the fight, you will reach eclipses sooner and your dots will benefit from the extra haste and your starsurges will have eclipse buffed damage more often as well. On top of using starfall more often.

I hope that makes sense. I think incarnation would be better on this fight IF your raid is having trouble getting past the 25% health threshold you need before they reach 100 energy. If that is the case incarnation would be better since you can do more damage to the boss that needs to be pushed quicker then with SotF.

nail, head, hammer.

SoTF I found ONLY is useful IFF you have a lot of targets to Dot up that will live long. (hence not worth it for Horidon, as too many of your dots get clipped by adds dying or the little birdies of Ji-kun )

All of my advise comes from what is doing the best for raid, not own numbers. And that 100% of your personal DPS on a target isn't need to hit a magic point. Such as the 100 energy on counsel, with the dot all/ss main target you get slightly LESS dps on single target then if you just did single target, but you also gain a TON more additional dps on the other targets at the same time for a slightly reduced single target.

and btw, if you ever want to see the sweetest single target dps a moonkin can do, cast CA on with some trinkets/Hero, double dot a bunch of targets and SS machine gun the living daylights out of something.

And like on Turtos, there is definitely room to say INC can be better if you are given the time to DPS boss when he has the shell debuff - I was not as I was busy killing those damn whirl turtles for nearly the ENTIRE fight.

Note, you made a typo when making talents into links in Ji-kun 4th talent bullet of "hotw vs hotw" instead of "hotw vs NV".

Note, you made a typo when making talents into links in Ji-kun 4th talent bullet of "hotw vs hotw" instead of "hotw vs NV".

Fixed.

Edit = it un formatted everything, and made text black...

Durumu the Forgotten

Talents:

Feline swiftness - this helps you move in the color phase (if you are in red/yellow beams)

Also, when running the Maze you might get enough time to get 1 hard cast.

Dispacer Beast is nice for moving to the edges NOW when targeted by lingering gaze or avoiding the knockback, but find that Feline swiftness outperforms DB for this encounter.

Either CS or NS for healing talent. play style choice. Mine would be CS.

Inc.

HoTW.

Symb

dmg reduction.

I think warlock is the best for this fight for the start of the Maze phase. AMS just doesn't last long enough to be too helpful as a dmg reduction CD but is good alternative if no other heavy dmg reduction target is available.

Glyphs

Moonbeast - I throw a bunch of rejuvs our in dark maze phase even when not using HoTW.

Rebirth, as this fight you are bound to use CR on someone. the Maze phase is VERY unforgiving to lag and server/client location de-sync.

Tips.

Most likely you will have 2 dark maze phases to deal with - they will hurt your dps A LOT.

Decide which one you want to pop HoTW for either healing or going Cat (PS, look up the swap main weapon macro for the agi weapon).

This is one of the fights that Moonkat actually is a DPS gain IFF you can do it.

If your healers are having trouble keeping ppl/mana up in the dark Maze phase - using HoTW can help out a lot.

Make sure you are in Eclipse for the dark Maze phase. most of the time you will not have time to cast hard nukes running from the eyesores and disintegration beam, so you will be spamming moon/sun fire and casting SS procs. I cast Rejuv on players that I know have trouble staying out of the eyesores even w/o having used HoTW.

If you are not activating HoTW for a dark maze phase, try to keep the lunar shower always at 3 stacks - so only cast 1-2 GCD of non moon/sun fire at a time to keep dps higher. if your healers are not the classes/players that can heal on the move well, your off-healing might be more beneficial if raid isn't having enrage problems.

This is crazy, but you need to find the graphics setting that works best for you to see the dark Maze. I had to turn some options up, and some DOWN to see it the best. I also turned off allies name tags for this fight (as we are all stacked up at the melee safe rout just the extra text of allies names made seeing the maze harder).

Primordius

Not many tips here - straight forward fight.

movement talents don't really matter, I would guess that feline swiftness would be every so slightly more useful - but I don't bother on this fight.

Inc - time it with your fully mutated buff to wreck the boss.

NV might be better with the fully mutated buff, but again I don't bother switching out of HoTW as you do spend a lot of time multi dotting adds.

Symb - give to DK for thier DPS increase. No real symbiosis gain for self.

Will take some getting use to depending on your raid, knowing which adds to dot and when to just hard cast - some of the adds won't die before they get to boss, others will die to soon before dotting will have been worth it.

Dark Animus

You will either be placed in the back as an off-healer - or up front as a multi dotter.

Talents,

Inc.

NV - if you are off-healing until boss is active - your off-healing is just fine for the simple melee attacks of the small Animus - so doesn't have to be HoTW enhanced.

HoTW if you are doing dmg up front as you will be constantly dotting things.

Displacer beast is very nice here for getting back to possession after matter swap.

CW if off-healer, else NS to save someone from spike dmg.

Symb - DK is good for increased raid DPS and self minor CD.

If no DK, sometimes the tanks might request it for the extra CD's for the start of the fight.

and lastly, any dmg reduction for the interrupting jolt AoE (it is magic dmg).

Glyph

moonbeast

Rebirth - tanks often die to loose Animus running through them after a matter swap, or even to matter swap themselves.

Tips:

if you are doing dmg up front, know in advance which adds need to die, and dot them all up.

DO NOT CAST STARFAL WHILE SMALL ANIMUS ARE UP. You will very likely pull agro killing people as the Animus move around giving each other buffs.

Do NOT swap into bear form/might of Ursoc to think that your increased HP will make it easier for you to survive the matter swap - you will just kill your counterpart that way.

If matter swapped, you can either stay where you get swapped to and Taunt the add that the other person had - or can Displacer beast and get back in no time to original location to pick your add back up.

Edited by finnmaccool

Durumu

This is one of the fights that Moonkat actually is a DPS gain IFF you can do it.

Ohh please add this one. I didn't think of that. It has to be good. A moving boomkin is so useless :P

Talents

I use Cenarion ward which you can put on yourself when a lingering gaze is about to be thrown at you (you're running, you can't do much else anyway apart from moonfire/sunfire spam). Since when the lingering gaze hits you will take damage from standing in the pool. The short cd and strong heal will allow your healers to ignore your damage taken there.

Displacer beast I use for getting out of the knockback. Which can happen right when you're stunned from the drain life, if your raid didn't spread out quick enough.

Tips

Knowing where the red adds are can really speed up getting trough the Light spectrum phase. Give your raid assist, or 1-2 aware people + this macro

/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton/click DropDownList1Button1
Then click with your mouse and you drop a raid marker. Use Button1 - 5 to change colors of the raid marker in the macro.

Marking blue add is irrelevant. If you got blue on you, and you don't know where the blue add is, you're probably safe to stand still.

People who got knockbacked in the water can usually still be ressed if you run to the edge. They're not lost Posted Image

Glyphs

For glyphs I have stampede and stampeding roar (And moon beast of course). Just to speed up the red beam running around from wherever I am.

Edited by wixey

/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
/click DropDownList1Button1

Then click with your mouse and you drop a raid marker. Use Button1 - 5 to change colors of the raid marker in the macro.

There is an easier way then that long ass macro.

/wm 1

/wm 2

/wm 3

/wm 4

/wm 5

Edited by gorelol