FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Throne of Thunder Feral Druid Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Feral Druids attempting bosses in the Throne of Thunder. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread Posted Image

Table of Contents

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Useful talents:Useful glyphs:Tips and Tricks:
  • Save ability_druid_berserk.jpgBerserk for when the puddle spawns and you can be in range of the boss. Your next Berserk will come off cd during the 3rd puddle.
  • Try to re-apply your bleeds right before spell_shaman_thunderstorm.jpgLightning Storm. This will provide more sustained damage on Heroic since you should be paying more attention to your own survival.
  • Don't be afraid to pop spell_nature_stoneclawtotem.jpgBarkskin on Heroic mode when the puddle is about to become compromised. If you aren't topped off it will probably kill you.
Links:

Horridon

Useful talents:Useful glyphs:
  • inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Cat Form is a must have for most Heroic fights, but especially against Horridon.
  • inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Survival Instincts is useful for when you are prepared to take a big chunk of damage for a short period of time. Things like sandtrap/living poison/ice orbs/totems all come to mind on this fight.
Tips and Tricks:
  • Use your spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on a Warlock so you can main focus on the adds then using ability_warlock_soulswap.jpgSoul Swap to push those bleeds into Horridon.
  • Make a macro for pushing back the Direhorn Spirit with a ranged spell. spell_nature_faeriefire.jpgFaerie Fire works, but incurs a 6-second cooldown, so you will need to use things like ability_druid_typhoon.jpgTyphoon and spell_druid_ursolsvortex.jpgUrsol's Vortex.
  • Stay out of things on the ground and be prepared for a lot of interrupts.
Links:

Council of Elders

Useful talents: share your thoughts!

Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Tortos

Links:

Megaera

Links:

Ji-Kun

Links:

Durumu the Forgotten

Links:

Primordius

Links:

Dark Animus

Links:

Iron Qon

Links:

Twin Consorts

Links:

Lei Shen

Links:

Changelog

• 27 Mar. 2013: Added Palors' tips for Jin'rokh the Breaker and Horridon.

Jin'rokh the Breaker (Normal or Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness - Helps a ton on heroic to dodge the lightning balls and move in/out of the puddle when Conduction is about to fall off

Soul of the Forest - Standard when running DoC

Nature's Swiftness - ditto

Dream of Cenarius - Provides super buffed bleeds while out of the puddle since the application lasts past moving out.

Glyphs:

Survival Instincts: Helps on heroic when you just get bad RNG with orb placements. Allows more room for error.

Tips and Tricks:

Save Berserk for when the puddle spawns and you can be in range of the boss. Your next Berserk will come off cd during the 3rd puddle.

Try to re-apply your bleeds right before lightning storm. This will provide more sustained damage on heroic since you should be paying more attention to your own survival.

Don't be afraid to pop Barkskin on heroic when conduction is about to fall. If you aren't topped off it will probably kill you.

• Like 1

Horridon (Heroic):

Talents:

Wild Charge - Great tool for staying on Horridon/adds just a bit longer

Typhoon - Direhorn pushback

Ursol's Vortex - Direhorn pushback

Soul of the Forest - Best DPS talent in this tier

Nature's Swiftness - For those oh snap moments

Heart of the Wild - This one allows you to focus more on what is below your feet then have to worry about the rotation. It also provides a nice tranq for the final phase.

Glyphs:

Cat Form - Pretty much a must have for most heroic raiding, but especially on this fight.

Survival Instincts - When you are prepared to take a big chunk of damage for a short period of time. Things like sandtrap/living poison/ice orbs/totems all come to mind on this fight.

Tips and Tricks:

Use your Symbiosis on a Warlock so you can main focus on the adds then using Soul Swap to push those bleeds into Horridon.

Make a macro for the Direhorn pushback. Melee can and will most likely get this during the final phase of the fight so you need to be prepared to have a ranged spell for keeping it away. FF works, but incurs a 6 sec cd so you will need to use things like Typhoon and Ursol's Vortex.

Stay out of crap on the ground and be prepared for a lot of interrupts.

• Like 1

Jin'rokh the Breaker (Normal or Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness - Helps a ton on heroic to dodge the lightning balls and move in/out of the puddle when Conduction is about to fall off

Soul of the Forest - Standard when running DoC

Nature's Swiftness - ditto

Dream of Cenarius - Provides super buffed bleeds while out of the puddle since the application lasts past moving out.

Glyphs:

Survival Instincts: Helps on heroic when you just get bad RNG with orb placements. Allows more room for error.

Tips and Tricks:

Save Berserk for when the puddle spawns and you can be in range of the boss. Your next Berserk will come off cd during the 3rd puddle.

Try to re-apply your bleeds right before lightning storm. This will provide more sustained damage on heroic since you should be paying more attention to your own survival.

Don't be afraid to pop Barkskin on heroic when conduction is about to fall. If you aren't topped off it will probably kill you.

Horridon (Heroic):

Talents:

Wild Charge - Great tool for staying on Horridon/adds just a bit longer

Typhoon - Direhorn pushback

Ursol's Vortex - Direhorn pushback

Soul of the Forest - Best DPS talent in this tier

Nature's Swiftness - For those oh snap moments

Heart of the Wild - This one allows you to focus more on what is below your feet then have to worry about the rotation. It also provides a nice tranq for the final phase.

Glyphs:

Cat Form - Pretty much a must have for most heroic raiding, but especially on this fight.

Survival Instincts - When you are prepared to take a big chunk of damage for a short period of time. Things like sandtrap/living poison/ice orbs/totems all come to mind on this fight.

Tips and Tricks:

Use your Symbiosis on a Warlock so you can main focus on the adds then using Soul Swap to push those bleeds into Horridon.

Make a macro for the Direhorn pushback. Melee can and will most likely get this during the final phase of the fight so you need to be prepared to have a ranged spell for keeping it away. FF works, but incurs a 6 sec cd so you will need to use things like Typhoon and Ursol's Vortex.

Stay out of crap on the ground and be prepared for a lot of interrupts.

Thanks! All added :)

Tortos (Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness - Makes avoiding rockfall and spinning turtles that much easier

Dream of Cenarius - Very powerful for Thrash damage on bats

Nature's Swiftness & Soul of the Forest - Standard for DoC

Glyphs:

Cat Form - Helps increase the absorption of the Crystal Shell

Tips and Tricks:

Use your Symbiosis on a rogue to instantly switch to a slowed turtle. Apply your Rip/Rake/Thrash and head back to Tortos.

Make a macro for the Crystal Shell. If you manage FF correctly, you should see very little downtime of the Crystal Shell debuff.

If a turtle dies near melee, be prepared to "kick" it into Tortos during the Furious Stone Breath cast sub 20% as things get very hectic.

Magaera (Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness - Allows you to move out of the melee group quicker when you have the Cinders debuff

Dream of Cenarius - Increased Thrash damage for the Nether Wyrms

Glyphs:

Cat Form - Makes sure you don't dip during rampage as often

Tips and Tricks:

Use your Symbiosis on a priest in order to get Dispersion. This will come in very handy if you have to kite out cinders or at the end of the fight during the last rampage.

Feral single target is very strong and you should maintain as much uptime on the current head as possible. Throw in a DoC buffed Thrash on the Nether Wyrms to help out your groups aoe dps. The wyrms should be dead quickly, so wasting energy on swipe would cause too much of a damage loss on the head.

You might be asked to use HotW on this fight to help out with a Rampage by using Tranquility.

Some extra tips from the heroic Jin Rokh - 25 man perspective.

Our strategy called for me to go HotW and tranq the 2nd lighning storm. I symbiosis'd a pally to get divine shield so it'd be safe to stand still during lightning storm.

We let ionization fall off without dispels. Barkskin was used for each ionization falling off. While ranged and healers grouped up near the wall to dodge lighning balls, it was a big dps hit to go stack with them. Survival instincts + health stones + personal healing talent was enough for me to be able to stay on the boss and maintain dps thru the storm. I was able to dps the first and third storms. The second storm I popped divine shield, hotw, and tranq'd thru most of it. We didn't get a fourth storm.

Edited by mystidruid

Heroic Jin'Rokh

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ6ZojgLhOk

Heroic Horridon

(the sand trap effects are slightly bigger then they appear Posted Image )

Edited by Paloro

Council of Elders (Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness: I chose this talent for that slight edge to move out of things to save healer mana. You should also be fine using Wild Charge as getting to Kaz can be frustrating.

Ursol's Vortex: If you cause Sul to go into a sandstorm, the tanks will pick up the adds but then need to run away so they don't die during the explosions caused from their death. UV works wonders here and can be dropped when the adds are ~15% hp.

Typhoon: Can be handy if dps are failing to kill the Loa Spirit.

Dream of Cenarius: Yes, there is a lot of target switching, but Thrash/Rake cleave is very powerful for bringing the bosses down together.

Tips & Tricks:

I used my Symbiosis on a Warlock to get Soul Swap. Doing this I was able to keep almost 100% uptime on Rip/Rake on 2 targets (4p helps a ton). Try to put the bleeds on the target that will be empowered next. This will help push through the empowerment faster.

Try not to take Shadowed Soul to high. While us cats have a nice bonus to healing done to us, we unfortunately do not have much mitigation. I generally took it to 5 stacks before I passed it until the end of the fight where I took an additional 10 stacks.

Warriors/Rogues were on intterupt duty for us, but make sure you have a focus macro ready in case one of them needs a backup.

Tortos (Heroic):

Talents:

Feline Swiftness: There is nothing you want to charge to in this fight so Wild Charge is useless.

Ursol's Vortex: This can be laid down to keep the turtles grouped up for a bit or the bats if your guild doesn't employ a kiting strat.

Dream of Cenarius: Best single target talent and can be used to pad numbers on the bats ;)

Glyphs:

Cat Form: Makes it easier to heal you up/increases absorption of the cyrstal shell debuff

Shred: Since you can only mangle this boss, you can get a few shreds in place.

Tips & Tricks:

Macro FF to a focus target and focus the nearest Resonating Crystal to apply your Crystal Shell debuff.

You can either symbiosis a rogue or lock for redirect or soulswap, respectively. You should be putting your bleeds on at least on of the turtles to help the ranged get it down faster.

Thrash when the kiting tank brings the bats by.

Be very careful with the rockfall. The further you are away from them the less damage you take (20 yards outside the teal circle takes 0 damage). There is a position where the ground meets the water that is very difficult to see any overlapping rockfall areas. Try to avoid this area if at all possible.

May I ask how you set up your combo points bar like that, with the color changes?

I'm using weak auras and I can't get it to make a bar with more than one color.

Otherwise I'm quite happy with my UI :)

May I ask how you set up your combo points bar like that, with the color changes?

I'm using weak auras and I can't get it to make a bar with more than one color.

Otherwise I'm quite happy with my UI Posted Image

I also use weak auras ;)

To change each color, I just made seperate auras from each combo point and changed the trigger color to red for 1-3, yellow for 4 and green for 5.

I'm at work right now but I'll double check when I get home and update this if I am wrong.

Heroic Iron Quon

Forgot to fraps our Twins Kill (didn't think it would only take 10 attempts.....)

how is feral druids doing moving into Heroics? I play a warlock main now, but i feral dps main for years and i was pushing top dps in MSV, but got a bit bored and i've heard it's doing poor. Was just curious

Finally got this guy down. Enjoy and hopefully someone can learn from the tactics shown.