FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Throne of Thunder Restoration Druid Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Restoration Druids attempting bosses in the Throne of Thunder. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread Posted Image

Table of Contents

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Useful talents:Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Horridon

Tips and Tricks:

• Help controlling the adds with spell_druid_massentanglement.jpgMass Entanglement / ability_druid_typhoon.jpgTyphoon and ability_druid_bash.jpgMighty Bash.
  • Night Elf Restoration Druids can drop their threat with ability_ambush.jpgShadowmeld.
  • Dispell ability_creature_poison_02.jpgVenom Bolt Volley from raid members.
  • You can use spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block (spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis from Mages) to remove your stacks of Venom Bolt Volley. Alternatively, if your raid is low on dispels, you can use spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on a paladin to get an extra dispel: spell_holy_purify.jpgCleanse (Disease, Poison).
  • This fight makes it hard to properly place your druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushrooms, so make sure to call for people to gather within their range when they are charged.
  • Wild Mushrooms can also be used as a sort of spell_holy_layonhands.jpgLay on Hands that requires a ramp up time. This works exceptionally well when War-God Jalak is dead. Having such a powerful heal ready and off the global cooldown is very good for preventing a tank death.
  • For the burn phase at the end of the fight, be ready to use spell_nature_tranquility.jpgTranquility + druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushrooms or spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation + achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil when called for.
  • If you are running out of mana towards the end, then make sure to time your spell_nature_lightning.jpgInnervates with spell_holy_symbolofhope.jpgHymns of Hope from Priests.
Links:

Council of Elders

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Tortos

Tips and Tricks:

• Use spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on a Shaman for spell_shaman_spiritwalkersgrace.jpgSpiritwalker's Grace. This will enable you to run around while channeling. It works well on Tortos, especially after a spell_nature_earthquake.jpgQuake Stomp when you have to run and avoid void zones. If a Shaman is not available for you, 110575 from a Death Knight will help you avoid getting stunned.
  • spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation works great for after Quake Stomp phases as well. Simply get inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgLifebloom up on everyone and cast spell_nature_resistnature.jpgRegrowth when spell_nature_crystalball.jpgOmen of Clarity procs.
  • spell_druid_swarm.jpgFaerie Swarm may work to slow down the small turtles, but that needs to be confirmed.
  • Make sure to apply spell_druid_ironbark.jpgIronbark to the bat tank, if the bats are still up before a quake stomp.
  • Use your druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom. Make sure to top off players with spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpgRejuvenation before Quake Stomp and then detonate your Mushrooms to heal players.
Links:

Megaera

Useful talents:
  • spell_druid_tirelesspursuit.jpg [wdpspell=131768]Feline Swiftness[/wdbspell] is great for the fight, because you have to kite spell_frost_piercing-chill.jpgTorrent of Ice. spell_druid_displacement.jpgDisplacer Beast is a solid alternative. Being able to instantly teleport 20 yards away with inv_misc_volatilefire.jpgCinders or spell_frost_piercing-chill.jpgTorrent of Ice can be just as useful as a passive speed boost, even more useful maybe, since the majority of the movement you have to make has to be a rather good distance and quickly. Unless you get really unlucky and are picked multiple times in a row for Cinders and/or Torrent of Ice, Displacer Beast should be ready for most/all of the times you need to move.
  • spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation
  • achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil
Useful glyphs:Tips and Tricks:
  • spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis discussion

• On a Death Knight or a Monk, you will gain spell_deathknight_iceboundfortitude.jpgIcebound Fortitude and ability_monk_fortifyingale_new.jpgFortifying Brew respectively. They are both very solid choices to mitigate the damage you take. These are your best options.
    • On a Hunter, you will gain ability_whirlwind.jpgDeterrence. While kiting the spell_frost_piercing-chill.jpgTorrent of Ice you probably don't need it, but when afflicted by inv_misc_volatilefire.jpgCinders, it can help you for at least a few seconds. Please keep in mind that you can't heal while Deterrence is active, which is bad towards the end of the fight.
  • Thanks to inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Lifebloom, you can easily apply three stacks of inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgLifebloom to players that affected by inv_misc_volatilefire.jpgCinders. Apply it back to the tank, after the Cinders players have removed spell_hunter_icetrap.jpgIcy Ground and have been dispelled.
  • To deal with tank damage, use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom as a sort of spell_holy_layonhands.jpgLay on Hands to keep the tank alive. Also use spell_druid_ironbark.jpgIronbark to help tanks when they take a lot of damage.
  • You can (and should) use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom to heal the group while trade_archaeology_whitehydrafigurine.jpgRampage is active.
  • For Rampage, you should also alternate using spell_nature_tranquility.jpgTranquility and spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation + achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil.
  • You can help the group run away from spell_fire_felrainoffire.jpgAcid Rain with spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat.jpgStampeding Roar. Also, ability_druid_dash.jpgDash can be helpful, especially when removing spell_hunter_icetrap.jpgIcy Ground.
  • It is possible to use spell_druid_mightofursoc.jpgMight of Ursoc when your health is low (after Acid Rain for example). Because your maximum health is increased by 30% during Might of Ursoc, it is the best time to use a Healthstone.
Links:

Ji-Kun

Useful talents:Useful glyphs:Tips and Tricks:
  • For spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis, Death Knights and Monks make decent choices, since they provide you with defensive cooldowns that can be handy for ability_hunter_pet_dragonhawk.jpgQuills. If you have raid members that have a hard time during ability_druid_galewinds.jpgDown Draft, you can get priest_spell_leapoffaith_a.jpgLeap of Faith from a Priest to pull people away from the ledge if they get dangerously close. You could Symbiosis a Warlock to use their teleport. You can also take spell_shaman_spiritwalkersgrace.jpgSpiritwalker's Grace from a [shaman]Shaman[/shaman to help during down draft, but there should be little raid damage during that time so it is probably not the best choice.

Links:

Durumu the Forgotten

Useful talents: share your thoughts!

Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Primordius

Links:

Dark Animus

Links:

Iron Qon

Links:

Twin Consorts

Links:

Lei Shen

Links:

Changelog

• 29 Mar. 2013: Added broodling67 tips for Tortos, Megaera, and Ji-Kun.
  • 22 Mar. 2013: Added Ayu's tips for Megaera and Numbah's tip for Council of Elders.
  • 15 Mar. 2013: Added Ayu's tips for Tortos and broodling67's tips for Jin'rokh and Horridon.
  • 14 Mar. 2013: Added Ayu's tips for Horridon and Council of Elders.
  • 14 Mar. 2013: Added tips for Jin'rokh, Horridon, and Council of Elders. Thanks to Larethia from the guild MCO on EU-Shadowsong for providing them.

Horridon Tips from my point of view:

- Use Posted ImageSymbiosis on a Paladin to receive an extra dispel (Disease, Poison). This extra dispel also has an extra cooldown, which is great, especially for those 10m raids that don't have enough people/ the right classes for dispels.

- Actually there isn't much damage in the end, when the two bosses are active. A simple Rejuv + Swiftmend can heal the whole group. There's enough time inbetween the AoE effects to let HoTs heal everyone. Instead of group damage, tank damage seems to be higher. In our two kills, one tank always died at least once (10m) while people in the group weren't even close to death. I would therefore recommend using Tranquility and Incarnation before the last phase, to be able to profit from it as much as possible.

For Council of Elders:

- Use Symbiosis on a shaman. That gives the shaman an extra kick and you get a possibility to cast your Tranquility while running around Posted Image

Edited by Ayu
  • Like 1

Horridon Tips from my point of view:

- Use Posted ImageSymbiosis on a Paladin to receive an extra dispel (Disease, Poison). This extra dispel also has an extra cooldown, which is great, especially for those 10m raids that don't have enough people/ the right classes for dispels.

- Actually there isn't much damage in the end, when the two bosses are active. A simple Rejuv + Swiftmend can heal the whole group. There's enough time inbetween the AoE effects to let HoTs heal everyone. Instead of group damage, tank damage seems to be higher. In our two kills, one tank always died at least once (10m) while people in the group weren't even close to death. I would therefore recommend using Tranquility and Incarnation before the last phase, to be able to profit from it as much as possible.

For Council of Elders:

- Use Symbiosis on a shaman. That gives the shaman an extra kick and you get a possibility to cast your Tranquility while running around Posted Image

Thank you very much, I added your tips to the top post. Make sure to add more tips when you kill more bosses.

Killed Tortos this evening.

This

You can also use Posted ImageSymbiosis on a shaman for Posted ImageSpiritwalker's Grace so you can run around while channeling.

works well on Tortos, especially after a quake stomp when you have to run and avoid void zones while you have to heal. Incarnation works great for After-Quake-Stomp-Phases as well, just LB everyone and cast instant Regrowth on a free

I tried using spell_druid_swarm.jpgFaerie Swarm to slow the small turtles, but I can't tell if it worked or not, because the adds were already slowed by other players when I managed to apply it. You can apply Faerie Swarm to more than one add (since Patch 5.2). ElitistJerks says, it does work, but it would be nice if another druid could check that, too.

Make sure to apply spell_druid_ironbark.jpgIronbark to the bat tank, if the bats are still up before a quake stomp.

Feline Swiftness is great for the fight as well, because you have to move a lot and the faster you are, the better.

Use your Mushrooms. I generated a lot of overheal (we 3-healed it), because I applied Rejuv at least to five players before a quake stomp. At least nobody died, but due to the mechanics of HoTs...Well, hello overheal and welcome Mushrooms!

Edited by Ayu
  • Like 1

For the Jin'rokh fight I would say getting Icebound Fortitude or Fortifying Brew from a DK or Monk with Symbiosis are decent choices. In my raid group though we have no monks and only one DK who is normally being symbiosis'd by someone else so I have been using Detterence from a hunter instead. It allows you to drop off the Focused Lightning without taking any damage, you could use Ice Block from a mage in a similar fashion but Detterence allows you to move away from the Lightning Fissure that is left afterwards. While I haven't used this yet another potentially good choice is borrowing Demonic Circle: Teleport if your warlocks are making good use of that for stacking purposes.

It can be difficult to use Wild Mushrooms as a raid heal on Horridon, what it can easily be used for if your tanks are holding him correctly is to place under the tank holding Horridon himself. The bonus healing that gets charged into the mushrooms from overhealing with rejuvenation spreads evenly over all targets in range, or in this case heals one person for the entire amount. When I do this my mushrooms can easily heal one target for well over 500k, it's almost like it's own Lay on Hands that requires a ramp up time. This works exceptionally well when War-God Jalak is dead, having such a powerful heal ready and off the global cooldown is very good for preventing a tank death. I would suggest to use mushrooms in this fashion for any fight that prevents stacking or has high movement since it will be hard to get good use as a raid heal but normally a tank is very stable in their positioning and this kind of spike heal is awesome to have ready if the need arises.

Edited by broodling67
  • Like 1

Yay, we managed to kill Megaera!

Depending on what strategy you plan to play (no-Green, no-Blue, just one head after the other), there's probably different tips and tricks.

Yesterday, we played a Blue-Red-Blue-Green-Blue-Red-Blue strategy.

That keeps the green AoE out of the raid as long as possible and still prevents us from having too much damage on the tank, who takes green.

spell_druid_tirelesspursuit.jpgFeline Swiftness is great for the fight, because you have to kite the Ice Torrent.

NOT THE BEST CHOICE, but still I want to mention it:

I put my spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on our Hunter to gain ability_whirlwind.jpgDeterrence. While kiting the Ice Torrent you probably don't need it, but being affected by inv_misc_volatilefire.jpgCinders, it can help you for at least a few seconds. Please mind, that you can't heal while Deterrence is active. So it won't be a good choice the closer the fight gets to an end, because much healing will be needed.

BETTER CHOICE:

I didn't have the possibility, but if you can, put spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on a Death Knight or Monk. Both spell_deathknight_iceboundfortitude.jpgIcebound Fortitude from Death Knights and ability_monk_fortifyingale_new.jpgFortifying Brew from Monks are solid choices to mitigate the damage you take.

As the green head (or any other head, if you choose to leave one alive) increases his attack speed, you can use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom as a sort of spell_holy_layonhands.jpgLay on Hands to keep the tank alive.

Also use spell_druid_ironbark.jpgIronbark to help tanks taking much damage from a head or those tanks that stand close to a green head's AoE. Sometimes avoiding and running away from these zones is difficult, especially for tanks, but it deals a lot of damage.

Of course, you can (and should) use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom to heal the group while trade_archaeology_whitehydrafigurine.jpgRampage is active.

Also use inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgGlyph of Lifebloom, so you can easily apply three stacks of LB to those players that are affected by Cinders. Apply it back to the tank, after the Cinder-Players have removed Icy Grounds and have been dispelled.

You can also help the group to run away from green AoEs with spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat.jpgStampeding Roar. ability_druid_dash.jpgDash can also be helpful, especially when removing Icy Grounds - but make sure other healers will keep you alive.

It's also possible to use spell_druid_mightofursoc.jpgMight of Ursoc when your health is low (after a green AoE for example). The max HP gain won't last when you switch back to your normal form, but it will still heal 30%.

Activating MoU and being in Bear Form is the best time to use a Healthstone, because how much the latter heals, depends on your max HP (which is increased by MoU Posted Image).

Oh, and this was so obvious I forgot about it:

For Rampage alternate using spell_nature_tranquility.jpgTranquility and spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation.

You should choose achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil to increase your Incarnation healing.

Edited by Ayu
  • Like 1

Yay, we managed to kill Megaera!

Depending on what strategy you plan to play (no-Green, no-Blue, just one head after the other), there's probably different tips and tricks.

Yesterday, we played a Blue-Red-Blue-Green-Blue-Red-Blue strategy.

That keeps the green AoE out of the raid as long as possible and still prevents us from having too much damage on the tank, who takes green.

spell_druid_tirelesspursuit.jpgFeline Swiftness is great for the fight, because you have to kite the Ice Torrent.

NOT THE BEST CHOICE, but still I want to mention it:

I put my spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on our Hunter to gain ability_whirlwind.jpgDeterrence. While kiting the Ice Torrent you probably don't need it, but being affected by inv_misc_volatilefire.jpgCinders, it can help you for at least a few seconds. Please mind, that you can't heal while Deterrence is active. So it won't be a good choice the closer the fight gets to an end, because much healing will be needed.

BETTER CHOICE:

I didn't have the possibility, but if you can, put spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on a Death Knight or Monk. Both spell_deathknight_iceboundfortitude.jpgIcebound Fortitude from Death Knights and ability_monk_fortifyingale_new.jpgFortifying Brew from Monks are solid choices to mitigate the damage you take.

As the green head (or any other head, if you choose to leave one alive) increases his attack speed, you can use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom as a sort of spell_holy_layonhands.jpgLay on Hands to keep the tank alive.

Also use spell_druid_ironbark.jpgIronbark to help tanks taking much damage from a head or those tanks that stand close to a green head's AoE. Sometimes avoiding and running away from these zones is difficult, especially for tanks, but it deals a lot of damage.

Of course, you can (and should) use druid_ability_wildmushroom_a.jpgWild Mushroom to heal the group while trade_archaeology_whitehydrafigurine.jpgRampage is active.

Also use inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgGlyph of Lifebloom, so you can easily apply three stacks of LB to those players that are affected by Cinders. Apply it back to the tank, after the Cinder-Players have removed Icy Grounds and have been dispelled.

You can also help the group to run away from green AoEs with spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat.jpgStampeding Roar. ability_druid_dash.jpgDash can also be helpful, especially when removing Icy Grounds - but make sure other healers will keep you alive.

It's also possible to use spell_druid_mightofursoc.jpgMight of Ursoc when your health is low (after a green AoE for example). The max HP gain won't last when you switch back to your normal form, but it will still heal 30%.

Activating MoU and being in Bear Form is the best time to use a Healthstone, because how much the latter heals, depends on your max HP (which is increased by MoU Posted Image).

Oh, and this was so obvious I forgot about it:

For Rampage alternate using spell_nature_tranquility.jpgTranquility and spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation.

You should choose achievement_zone_feralas.jpgNature's Vigil to increase your Incarnation healing.

For Council if you have a mage you can use Symbo Ice Block to remove ability_deathknight_remorselesswinters2.Biting Cold but it will not remove spell_mage_frostbomb.jpgFrostbite

I added those tips, thanks! Keep them coming :)

For Tortos, I think Spiritwalker's grace is still the best choice for symbiosis but an alternative to that if a shaman is not available for you is Icebound Fortitude from a DK, this will help you avoid the stun in the first place.

I'd make a case for the displacer beast talent on the Megaera fight. Being able to almost instantly teleport 20 yds away with cinders or ice torrent can be just as useful as a passive speed boost, more useful imo since the majority of the movement you have to make has to be a rather good distance and quickly. Unless you get really unlucky and are picked multiple times in a row for cinders and/or Ice Torrent displacer beast should be ready for most/all of the times you need to move.

I would also suggest Displacer Beast for Ji-Kun, it is not a movement heavy fight outside of Down Draft and should not require much if any kiting at all so a small passive movement bonus is a little lackluster, being able to basically blink with a bonus 4 sec speed boost afterwards is all you really need to not get knocked off ledge.

If others in your raid are having trouble staying on Ji-Kun's platform during Down Draft, the Glyph of Stampeding Roar can help hit more of your raid since you have to spread on this fight. Use with glyph of Stampede to save a GCD shapeshifting, this is optional there really shouldn't be a lot of damage happening during Down Draft anyways so being forced into bear form and being unable to heal for a second or 2 should not be detrimental.

For Ji-Kun, Dk's and monks make decent choices for symbiosis again, having another defensive CD can be handy for quills or if you need to soak a feed pool to create more room. If you have raid members that have a hard time during down draft you get leap of faith from a priest to pull people away from the ledge if they get dangerously close. You could Symbiosis a warlock to use their teleport if they have placed it near the middle to help with down draft but since I highly recommend displacer beast already I think it's kind of a waste. You can also take spiritwalker's grace to help during down draft but again there should be little raid damage during that time so probably not the best choice.

Edited by broodling67

For Tortos, I think Spiritwalker's grace is still the best choice for symbiosis but an alternative to that if a shaman is not available for you is Icebound Fortitude from a DK, this will help you avoid the stun in the first place.

I'd make a case for the displacer beast talent on the Megaera fight. Being able to almost instantly teleport 20 yds away with cinders or ice torrent can be just as useful as a passive speed boost, more useful imo since the majority of the movement you have to make has to be a rather good distance and quickly. Unless you get really unlucky and are picked multiple times in a row for cinders and/or Ice Torrent displacer beast should be ready for most/all of the times you need to move.

I would also suggest Displacer Beast for Ji-Kun, it is not a movement heavy fight outside of Down Draft and should not require much if any kiting at all so a small passive movement bonus is a little lackluster, being able to basically blink with a bonus 4 sec speed boost afterwards is all you really need to not get knocked off ledge.

If others in your raid are having trouble staying on Ji-Kun's platform during Down Draft, the Glyph of Stampeding Roar can help hit more of your raid since you have to spread on this fight. Use with glyph of Stampede to save a GCD shapeshifting, this is optional there really shouldn't be a lot of damage happening during Down Draft anyways so being forced into bear form and being unable to heal for a second or 2 should not be detrimental.

For Ji-Kun, Dk's and monks make decent choices for symbiosis again, having another defensive CD can be handy for quills or if you need to soak a feed pool to create more room. If you have raid members that have a hard time during down draft you get leap of faith from a priest to pull people away from the ledge if they get dangerously close. You could Symbiosis a warlock to use their teleport if they have placed it near the middle to help with down draft but since I highly recommend displacer beast already I think it's kind of a waste. You can also take spiritwalker's grace to help during down draft but again there should be little raid damage during that time so probably not the best choice.

Thanks! It's been added to the guide.

For Jin'rokh in heroïc Mode, Use Posted ImageSymbiosis on a Shaman for Posted ImageSpiritwalker's Grace. It will enable you to heal the raid while you avoiding the sparks from Lightning Strike. Using Posted ImageIncarnation with Posted ImageNature's Vigil during this phase could help.

If like me you have some difficulties to move while you are in Tree of Life form, the Glyph of Stampede can help.

hey resto druids :)

nice posts here and nice info.

but i would like to add something i really enjoy: I don't use Posted ImageNature's Vigil , but i use Posted ImageHeart of the Wild i found it much more powerfull , and defently when we are getting more int with this new tier. I enjoyed Posted ImageNature's Vigil at the start of mop , but once into t14 i started to use Posted ImageHeart of the Wild and my hps was going up. besides i think with Posted ImageTranquility and Posted ImageIncarnation, if you use them right, we have more then enouch healing cds. What i always try to do is pop my Posted ImageIncarnation togetter with bl/tw (ofc not when you use it at the start of the fight) , the clearcast proks you get is insane.

and for

Horridon :

how i use my cd's : (note Posted ImageWild Mushroom with Posted ImageWild Mushroom: Bloom on tank = the tank that is tanking boss not the tank that is tanking adds)

Gate 1:

Gate2:Gate 3:Gate 4:Fase 5: (horridon middle)

btw this is for 10man raids , i have no clue about 25 man raiding :)

hope it helps

cheers Xuxo

Ji Kun:

I dont see any sense in Displacer Beast at Ji kun as you have stamping roar and dash being ready at every down draft.

Primordius:

As expecially here there is nearly never need for direct heals you can give some free space for the rest of the raid in the middle of the room. Just follow short behind the melees behind the kited boss. In such fights we do help more with the damage we prevent because of our movement then through our healing itself. Symbiosis on shaman for tranquility while running. Of course as soon as dds transformed get you 5 stacks. Do time with other healers that you may transform with 30 seconds time in between so that you have no point in time where healing goes down because lack of stacks.

Dark Animus:

As soon as he starts to cast Anima Font just do not stop moving again. direct heals are not needed anymore so spend your time pre hotting for interrupting jolt which is the only hard hit in this phase.

Just wanted to throw something out there in regards to Resto Druid talent choices.

I've noticed that in pretty much all of the encounters, Incarnation is the option most are going for.

From my own experience however, I've found Soul of the Forest extremely effective.

As Restoration is gives us: 50% haste for our next spell after casting Swiftmend; one of our makor spells.

50% haste on Wild Growth is amazing for raid wide damage and I never cast one without the other. The only exception being during heavy damage periods when 50% haste added to Tranquility is just INSANE.

If you haven't tried it, give it a go. I used to swear by Incarnation but after trying this there are few fights, and none at all in ToT that I'll be using Incarnation for at all.

Edited by Mimi

Duruum the eyesore (normal): i have killed him 2 times. 1 time with paladin healer and shamman healer in a group, 1 time with paladin and disc healer.

things that might help.

- mushrooms in the middle near the tanks. helps to quickly heal.

- feline swiftness for the eye sore phase. and try to take the most outer path you can take. you can run constantly and concentrate more on the healing. the center roots you need 2 stop and move 2 much.

- your ironbark/barksin should be on during the beam phases. and also try to keep it up out of it.

- if you as healer are in blue in beam phases. put mushrooms beneath you. so you can heal yourself and concetrate more on other people.

- as for cooldowns uses...use them during beam phase. if allot of people are dropping hard. tranquility, or if 2/3 people are dropping use tree of life. try to put as much lifeblooms on everyone. this helps allot!! ussaly i use my mana trinkets/innervate after this phase because next is the eye sore phase and you dodnt you dodnt need allot of mana for that.

- use tree of life as talent in this fight for the good cooldown. and you could also go like me for cenarion ward for a exttra tank cooldown. but havent treid it without yet so not 100% sure.

- barkskin/ironbark, cenarion ward, lifebloom yourself ( if you can get away with it) when you are taking the leech beam. i took 4-6 stacks by mistake 3 times because of this.

- as for symbo: spirit walkers grace is nice. allot of moving during this fight. very handy for eye sore phase and if you get a move beam on you. a damage reduction one is also nice. but there is a thirth option!!!>> sometimes the leech beam stuns you team m8 in the middle of the knockback effect. use priests leap of faith for that. ( and a shadow priest gets tranquily) wich is nice in the second beam phase.

Just wanted to throw something out there in regards to Resto Druid talent choices.

I've noticed that in pretty much all of the encounters, Incarnation is the option most are going for.

From my own experience however, I've found Soul of the Forest extremely effective.

As Restoration is gives us: 50% haste for our next spell after casting Swiftmend; one of our makor spells.

50% haste on Wild Growth is amazing for raid wide damage and I never cast one without the other. The only exception being during heavy damage periods when 50% haste added to Tranquility is just INSANE.

If you haven't tried it, give it a go. I used to swear by Incarnation but after trying this there are few fights, and none at all in ToT that I'll be using Incarnation for at all.

Wow, someone else that thinks exactly the same as me.
  • Like 1

Wow, someone else that thinks exactly the same as me.

SoTF is indeed very strong and if you have multible big cooldons in your raid its good to take. for higher hps. but it all depends. if you have pre shielders with you ( disc/pala) and they are good. then its less usefull.

And since when does SoTF add to tranquility? could you link me your info. because i have treid it ingame. and looked it up. it doesnt for me.

SoTF is indeed very strong and if you have multible big cooldons in your raid its good to take. for higher hps. but it all depends. if you have pre shielders with you ( disc/pala) and they are good. then its less usefull.

And since when does SoTF add to tranquility? could you link me your info. because i have treid it ingame. and looked it up. it doesnt for me.

It increases the haste of your next spell by 50% after using Swiftmend, so it channels faster and ticks faster. You can use it with Lifebloom and keep refreshing it with Nourish and Regrowth, so that it keeps ticking like crazy for the entire fight and gives you a ton of CC procs. And it does, indeed, work with Tranquility which is incredible for burst raid healing.

I find SotF more useful with bubblers in my group to be honest.

I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin.

Most of my larger heals are cast when there's lots of raid damage going on, but the swiftmend+wildgrowth combo or the above mentioned swiftmend+lifebloom are great combos.

I basically swiftmend the melee and cast wildgrowth and keep lifebloom on the tank until people start taking larger amounts of damage.

Tranquility is AMAZING when cast straight after swiftmend.

I wouldn't use it for Iron quon - fist smash - when you need a longer lasting healing cd but for fights like Ji-Kun (especially heroic mode) during quills... it's incredible.

Also if you do use this talent be sure to use Glyph of Wild Growth so you can tap an extra player with the hot. The extra cd time doesn't matter as you want to cast it with swiftmend anyway.

sorry for my mis post. i didnt mean to say that SoTF is bad. but these guids are for progress kills and new people to druid healing. and then incarnation gives you more healing when needed. so to make it less confusing for people reading this what we are talking about.

if you know a fight and know your group well and dodnt need cooldowns go for sotf 8 out of 10 times. but if you are new to the class/fight or group. incarnation is better 8/10 times

It really depends on your play style as well.

One of the benefits of SotF for the new/inexperienced player is that it's not a cool down that they have to remember to click or plan to use at key points of an encounter.

It's something that procs from using one of our main spells.

So a resto druid will benefit from it whether they use it consciously and with forethought or whether they use it unintentionally through their basic spell rotation.

I understand that Incarnation is very cool and is great for high damage periods, but I have rarely seen it used the way it most benefits our class. People tend to jump into tree form and spam regrowth, chewing through their mana, or they cast tranquility.... using 2 cool downs at once instead of alternating them to maximise heals throughout an encounter.

Tree form makes regrowth an instant cast, which is AWESOME granted. But to take advantage of this you will need to use lifebloom on as many people as possible - just 1 stack is enough - and through Clearcasting procs use those instant regrowth casts.

So either talent will work, whether the player knows how to utilise it or not will depend on how well the talent works for them.

After using SotF, I can't see myself ever speccing into Incarnation again unless we get another mechanic like Tsulong in ToeS when spamming big heals is what's required.

• Like 1

It really depends on your play style as well.

One of the benefits of SotF for the new/inexperienced player is that it's not a cool down that they have to remember to click or plan to use at key points of an encounter.

It's something that procs from using one of our main spells.

So a resto druid will benefit from it whether they use it consciously and with forethought or whether they use it unintentionally through their basic spell rotation.

I understand that Incarnation is very cool and is great for high damage periods, but I have rarely seen it used the way it most benefits our class. People tend to jump into tree form and spam regrowth, chewing through their mana, or they cast tranquility.... using 2 cool downs at once instead of alternating them to maximise heals throughout an encounter.

Tree form makes regrowth an instant cast, which is AWESOME granted. But to take advantage of this you will need to use lifebloom on as many people as possible - just 1 stack is enough - and through Clearcasting procs use those instant regrowth casts.

So either talent will work, whether the player knows how to utilise it or not will depend on how well the talent works for them.

After using SotF, I can't see myself ever speccing into Incarnation again unless we get another mechanic like Tsulong in ToeS when spamming big heals is what's required.

I can't stress enough how right this is. If you use tree, from the moment you pop that form, you should be using Wild Growth on cooldown but otherwise just Lifeblooming everyone you can, and twitch-react to the CC procs for your instant Regrowths. But if you use SotF properly, you can go from being an OK maintenance healer to being an amazing all-around healer. It's such a flexible and deep talent. You can speed up your Tranquility if you need raid burst, or use it on Wild Growth and then a slow Tranquility if the damage is more spread out. Or you can use it on the tank - Swiftmend and Lifebloom, then keep refreshing it with Nourish/Regrowth/HT and the increased haste gets refreshed as well.

Edited by Tarazet
  • Like 1

sorry. i see that i started something not for here. in these post. so sorry. to reposters you are right Posted Image so am i. but i think we should talk about this in other forums Posted Image

i have killed allot since the last post here so i do a quick list of things i have noticed ( since last post i went from boss 7 to 12/12 normal. and almost at 2/12 hc) so learned allot of new stuff.

ill also try to make a nice post this time Posted Image

Primordius:

normal healing, last fase it gets harder 2 heal. use tank cooldowns like Ironbark

in that fase.

talents: Soul of the Forest

dark animus:

Hardest part is the first "add" fase. well placed Wild Mushroom: Bloom and tank cooldowns help allot.

talents: nothing that springs out yet. healed it with both pre shielders and without. Soul of the Forest and Incarnation are both fine so far.

iron qon:

this fight is allot about knowing the tactics and when guilds recieve damage. parts of the fight need different help with healing so ill post per lion what i think is best ( if you are stuck on that lion).

fire lion:

On this fight 2 other people stacked on me and i used Wild Mushroom: Bloom with great succes. Soul of the Forest also works good.

whirlwind lion:

Stampeding Roar spell is usefull for the raid if their are no locks. but warn your raidmembers other wise they will move into a whirlwind by mistake.

a macro'ed Nature's Swiftness with healing touch/regrowth is needed in this phase. because even the best raiders get clipped by the whirlwinds sometimes.

Wild Mushroom: Bloom at the end part will help with quick uphealing.

icy lion: nothing stands out yet

boss himself:

okay..this is a harder bit. its allot of healing and damage will increase each time he stomps. make a good rotation with other healers. And try to keep as much mana over until you reach this part.

Wild Mushroom: Bloom is very nice here. keep them up 100% it will help allot. Tranquility is also very nice

talents: Incarnation is extremly usefull if you have problems because of not enough cooldowns. lifebloom everyone and use growths to get people up.

Twin consorts:

again nothing stands out so far.

Lei shen:

okay. peep fight. its cool fight but it will test your skills.

i can type the whole fight here but i wont.

for room walking phase: movement buffs are nice. but keep Stampeding Roar for transition phase ( ill explain later). heal as normal. and use cooldowns on tank if needed.

transition phase: use Stampeding Roar so everyone gets to their cornor of the room A.S.A.P. use the standard tatics on this site. Wild Mushroom: Bloom around your little cornor will work mericals !!!! EXTRA NOTE: use Symbiosis on a hunter to get Deterrence. this can be used 1 time to surive static shock. havent had a mage in group yet. but ice tomb should also work.

last fase: okay for talents look below.

allot of moving around keep on your toes. well place Wild Mushroom: Bloom

helps allot. use a good rotation of all cooldowns. allot of mana is used in this part.

now talents wise: killed him myself with Soul of the Forest as talent because it was very handy in all phases to keep everyone topped of with Soul of the Forest and Wild Growth

BUT. if you are struggling more in the last phase Incarnation with a glyped regrowth and lifebloom spamm ( lol in reverse order) is very helpfull.

Jin rock HC:

Talents: Soul of the Forest for the win!!!

for dealing with Ionization: use Barkskin and Might of Ursoc on your self. to top your self up and take less risk. BUT you might want to save it for storm phase. all depends what is harder for you.

tactis for storm phase:

use Symbiosis on a shaman to get Spiritwalker's Grace then combine Soul of the Forest and Tranquility with that for epicness. use in in Phase 2. because its harder 2 avoid stuff so harder for good cooldowns for other healers. and try to place Wild Mushroom: Bloom around the place you and your team are running in. makes for a nice pick me up for the raid Posted Image

1 last thing for this fight. Renewal might be more usefull on your self in the storm phase but Nature's Swiftness with healing touch also!!!!

i hope all the linked spells worked first time using it Posted Image other wise i have somthing to fix 2 morrow Posted Image

damm no nice icons like all of you have with your spells :(:(

Edited by baskev