Damien

Wizard: Spectral Blade Speedfarming Build

33 posts in this topic

This seems like a pretty cool build, I want to test and compare it to the flashfire build, to see which one packs more punch for GR gem lvl farming. I'm guessing flashfire is still faster for normal rifts, but also hopping this build would be more viable for higher GR than the flashfire one.

I think this is an overloop, when updating the guide from the last season, but you might wanna change the Depth Diggers description, where you said their bonus is additive.

" Depth Diggers
The damage bonus granted is now multiplicative with other sources of primary skill bonus damage
"

Waiting for more of these cool builds, keep up the good work! I'm really hoping for a decently viable frost wizard build in the near future :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build! Thanks for the guide I tried today with the following setup: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kain-2938/hero/77198703

Unfortunately I lack a RoRG and could not make use of FB set.

I am a newcomer to TormentX and survivalability was a bit problematic. Damage-wise it was great. Cleared a GR40 with little problem.

Should I use Cubed Aquila Cuirass for better survival chances instead of Depth diggers?

What improvements could you suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guest Kain said:

Should I use Cubed Aquila Cuirass for better survival chances instead of Depth diggers?

What improvements could you suggest?

You can definitely run Aquila until you acquire all the necessary items and strengthen your character a bit. However try the reroll suggestions below, as you'll gain a massive boost of Toughness from them and you might not need the Aquila as much.

Suggested rerolls from your bnet link:

Helm -> Meteor to Vit (small additive damage gain vs. one of the highest Vit roll possibilities on gear)

Chest -> Familiar % to Armor

Shoulders -> Black Hole % to Vitality

Amulet -> Cooldown Reduction to Crit Chance

Ring 1 (Focus) -> All Resist to Crit Damage

Ring 2 (Restraint) -> Life Regen to Crit Damage

Belt -> Shock Pulse % to 15% Life

Pants -> Magic Missle % to Armor

Bracer -> Cold % to Fire %

Good luck!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2016 at 0:14 AM, Lycannoctus said:

I´m using the same build until now, its a good one, but now  i´m struggling to reach high Grifs ( reached 68 GR).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LycanNoctus-1643/hero/76460152

Any mods you can suggest?

Thanks!!

Hello! You have mostly correct rolls, but a bunch of your items are non-ancient. The impact of full ancient gear (and especially weapon, which is the most important item to obtain as ancient) alone will push you up several GR levels.

Rolls to improve:

Amulet is missing Crit Chance and Fire damage. Strive to obtain Crit Chance and Crit Damage at least.

Both Restraint and especially Focus are missing crucial offense stats (Crit Chance for Restraint, both ChC and ChD for Focus).

Bane of the Trapped needs to be in your gem setup, it's an independent multiplier to your damage. In the guide I recommend a setup of Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Powerful and Simplicity's Strength and while I don't think Esoteric Alteration is needed, if you feel you're not tanky enough - the gem to replace is BotP, not BotT.

A bit of a no-brainer recommendation, but it bears repeating - farm as much Paragons as you can, especially since past the 800 barrier every point will be added to your Intelligence pool, directly building up your damage and toughness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.06.2016 г. at 9:31 PM, Ftangg said:

My current build:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ftangg-2717/hero/80045088

Very squishy above GR55. FB2 helps, but still properly die sometimes. Probably a lot of what you said to Lycannoctus applies i.e. paragons and ancients. Any other recommendations?

Aside from the obvious stuff like more ancients (especially the weapon) and paragons, I can recommend:

1) Illusionist and Galvanizing Ward over Glass Cannon and Dominance in your passives. Illusionist is a great source of survivability as it allows you to chain Teleport (and gain the Calamity stun, too),

2) Cubing Orb of Infinite Depth instead of Aether Walker for Greater Rifts. Aether is nice for the mobility, but you're lacking a lot of toughness from losing the Orb in GRs.

3) Swapping Magic Weapon rune from Force Weapon to Deflection. Marginal DPS loss for a great increase of defense.

4) Swapping Arcanot for Energy Armor Force Armor. I'm guessing you included Arcanot to restore Arcane Power from too many Aether Walker Teleports; if you followed my recommendations above, you won't be AP starved anymore.

5) Swapping Ancient Parthan Defenders for Ashnagarr's Blood Bracers. APDs are great in other builds, you simply lack the consistent stuns in this one to make them worth. The Blood Bracers on the other hand will benefit from your many shields.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I am just going to start building this build.  I am very excited, this is the first time I have seriously played a wizard since before patch 2.0  I love your builds, and have used many on various characters.  Thanks so much for your time you spend on these. I feel your guides are some of the best laid out and explained guides out there.  I recommend you to anyone I come across looking for help building characters on Diablo.

 

Update:

 

I am at paragon 675 and have completed guardian on the season journey, save a 4 minute t13 rift.  That is proving to be quite difficult.  I have reached grift level 75 and have completed 4 of 5 non hardcore conquests.  Only haven't done the speed racer conquest, nor do I have any desire too.  This build has been very fun too play.  I did end up tweaking it just a bit to adapt to my gear rolls that I got.  I had a very poor non ancient Tal Rasha's Unwavaring Glare, and a great Orb of Infinite Death. I used the Asheara's variation, swapping the Tal Rasha's orb for the Infity orb, then cubing Aether Walker and Depth diggers.  I swapped the illusionist passive for blur to make up for lost toughness frpm losing Aquila Quirass in the cube.  If I could get better rolled gear to fill out the build as you have outlined I would still like to come back to that, as the paper stats when I set it up that way look better.

 

Edited by Checryan
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2016 at 7:09 AM, Checryan said:

I am just going to start building this build.  I am very excited, this is the first time I have seriously played a wizard since before patch 2.0  I love your builds, and have used many on various characters.  Thanks so much for your time you spend on these. I feel your guides are some of the best laid out and explained guides out there.  I recommend you to anyone I come across looking for help building characters on Diablo. 

Thank you so much for the kind words, and props for trying the Spectral Blade build - many people overlook it for the trendier Wand of Woh build, but I like this one better! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You note the importance of sockets on the jewelry, but not on torso/legs. Are you suggesting that the other stats are more important to have, or is the need for sockets just implied?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Deadset and thx for this great build. I have currently finished GR 71 with it and its realy enjoyable.

I would have one question about your lines: " You will be striving to reach the 13 frame breakpoint through maximized attack speed bonuses on your weapon, two more items (preferably rings), and in your Paragon points."

Iam currently at 15 frame breakpoint and I can reroll ring and weapon to make it 13. But i will lose 50% crit dmg on ring and 10% dmg on weapon. Is it realy worth it? I tried to simulate it in diablo planner online and it actualy reduces my spectral blade dps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the shoulders listed for this build are they really best in slot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 0:23 PM, Guest Mexy said:

You note the importance of sockets on the jewelry, but not on torso/legs. Are you suggesting that the other stats are more important to have, or is the need for sockets just implied?

Implied, but you are correct to point it out and I will include it in an update.

 

On 8/22/2016 at 4:56 PM, Guest Oglojoo said:

I am currently at 15 frame breakpoint and I can reroll ring and weapon to make it 13. But i will lose 50% crit dmg on ring and 10% dmg on weapon. Is it realy worth it? I tried to simulate it in diablo planner online and it actualy reduces my spectral blade dps.

I would definitely rate AS breakpoint chasing lower than raw DPS stats like Crit and damage %. It's a perfection stat for the most part, and in the ideal case scenario would not make you lose on the aforementioned stats. The planner is correct in your case.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:27 PM, axl said:

Was trying to achieve higher GR but will be good for your guide as where is the error or mistakes i overlook.
Thanx

Answered your PM, hopefully that worked out for you!

On 8/24/2016 at 6:05 PM, Guest Ciinder said:

Can someone explain the shoulders listed for this build are they really best in slot?

There are no legendary shoulders that particularly fit the build, so a craftable legendary shoulder makes it easier to get an ancient with good stats, and Corruption also has a uniquely high Pickup Radius stat - helps you to get some far out globes in battle to heal up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using The Shame of Delsere and Depth Diggers would take away the 6 piece Tal set bonus.. is 6 piece tal set bonus more beneficial or should the two suggested legendaries still be used?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guest Quiesdoe said:

Why not use both, I mean, combine it with Wand of Woh?

Here is my setup of this build - nuch fun so far, although still a bit squishy.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Quiesdoe-2373/hero/74758354

I think that's the key here, the squishy part. By using the Wand of Woh, you restrict your choices for survivability, most notably the fact that you need to put Depth Diggers in the cube, since you need TR legs. How far has this setup taken you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2016 at 1:59 AM, Guest Uhh Hi said:

Using The Shame of Delsere and Depth Diggers would take away the 6 piece Tal set bonus.. is 6 piece tal set bonus more beneficial or should the two suggested legendaries still be used?

If you use both, you will have: 

  • Head
  • Chest
  • Hands
  • Neck
  • Off-hand

With the RoRG in the cube, you'll get your six-set even while using both legendaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have cleared GR75 using this build. Thank you Deadset for introducing me to it, it definitely closer to my playstyle then the firebird's builds. My question is, how high of a GR do you think this build is capable of with optimized gear?  I'm still struggling to find ancient jewelry with close to perfect stats but my goal is gr90+ however gr75 seems to be my threshold at the moment.

Here is my profile in case I'm missing something obvious...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Intiok-1358/hero/78867102 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Intiok said:

I have cleared GR75 using this build. Thank you Deadset for introducing me to it, it definitely closer to my playstyle then the firebird's builds. My question is, how high of a GR do you think this build is capable of with optimized gear?  I'm still struggling to find ancient jewelry with close to perfect stats but my goal is gr90+ however gr75 seems to be my threshold at the moment.

Here is my profile in case I'm missing something obvious...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Intiok-1358/hero/78867102 

I doubt you'll be able to go much higher than 80-85 with this build, unless you get some seriously nice rifts. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and if you do succeed, please let us know, but that's most likely my estimate there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Deadset,

Awesome guide, as usual; I'm reading it now as a bible. I have one question: how do you deal with one-shot deaths? I was doing today Grift 69 and I met Erethon: I died like 4 times from one-shot, out of which 2 of them in a row. Everything was activated: shields, armor. Am I not doing something right? Should I take the Unstable anomaly over another passive? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Guest SilviuF said:

Hi Deadset,

Awesome guide, as usual; I'm reading it now as a bible. I have one question: how do you deal with one-shot deaths? I was doing today Grift 69 and I met Erethon: I died like 4 times from one-shot, out of which 2 of them in a row. Everything was activated: shields, armor. Am I not doing something right? Should I take the Unstable anomaly over another passive? Thanks.

This is one of those horrible things that you just have to deal with in Diablo. It's why people fish for certain bosses.

Given that this build is more tailored towards speedfarming, it's not really intended to have the cheat death passive, since you won't normally climb with it.

Which version are you currently using? Progression or speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Loading...