FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Your luckiest / unluckiest drop

I'm sure weve all been there, farming for that pet, that mount, or maybe just a piece of gear.

I've been both unlucky and lucky plenty of times, namely with gear over the years. However two particular companion pets seem to sum up my luck.

Firstly the lucky one:

Fox Kit

This lil beauty dropped on my 6th kill! Couldnt really believe it.

On the flip side:

Tiny Crimson Whelpling

I am up to 23,756 kills with no luck (dont worry I dont count I hve a nice lil addon that does it for me). I always know that if I have to I can always buy this one, but since I started farming its become a personal challenge!

So what about you guys?

• Like 1

Sadly I'm not that Jammy! My luckiest was picking up a ravasaur hatchingling without even looking for it, at the time I believe they were rather hard to get.

I would say the unluckiest has got to be deathwing's darn bow... I've not seen it drop EVER. Not even once. Luckily a friend from a different guild linked me it, sharded it and gave me the crystal...

• Like 2

I have done over 300 kills of heroic bosses that can drop Heroic Cunning of the Cruel. Have not seen it. It pales in comparison to the following, however...

I had done 125 straight runs for the Reigns of the Raven Lord having never seen it. A couple of new guildies, an IRL couple, asked what I was doing in Heroic Sethekk Halls. Once I explained it to them, the girl goes 'oh, that pretty bird?! I wondered where that was from!' She went in and got it on her first try. Her boyfriend then went in and got it on his first try. The RNG gods looked at me, spat on me, and said 'give up, mortal, for this bird will never be yours!'

I took their advice and quit trying. Some things in WoW you just aren't allowed to have...

Luckiest drop...Heroic Dislodged Foreign Object from Heroic Rotface when the instance was still new. Went in with a mostly guild group with a few pugs, myself included. This bad boy drops and I looked at recount to see if I deserved it. I was number 1 in damage, so I let everyone roll. Once 9 people rolled, with the highest being a 98, I rolled a 99. Maybe this roll has prevented me from seeing the Raven Lord for so long...

Oh the RNG karma :)

You satchel lovers are totally cheats by the way! :P

Edited by Peelyon
  • Like 3

time for the hatefest, lol, I feel like im the Luckiest Rogue in the world....ive been blessed by Elune with MANY rare pets and mounts.....ive been a rare mount and pet collector, but i dont buy them, i have gotten most of my 97 pets from pure luck,hunting for them and then just being in the right place at the right time. Like my Aeonaxx mount, the Reins of the Phosphorescent Proto Drake, my Poseidus mount, Reins of Poseidus (Subdued Seahorse)...which, by the way, is WAY WAY fun for dropping into horde cities that have water, like Orgrimmar, and swimming around in their pond while irritating their guards, and baffling all the horde toons that dont realize there is a water mount that can swim anywhere, hehehe! with my favorite pets being the little Chuck, Muckbreath, Snarly guys from fishing, my Jadefang Tiny Shale Spider, and my Archeology Pterodax Hatchling and fossilized hatchling. soooo much to love! <3

my UNLUCKIEST moment however, was running no less than 20 friends or so through zul gurub over and over till they got the raptor or kitty mounts, and when it was FINALLY my turn to go and do it, blizzard had KILLED THE INSTANCE.........i cried for a full day.........people sent me cookies and coffee, cakes and flowers to try and cheer me up, but to no avail. i mourned fully. :P

At least i have my Phossy and Pterror to make me happy *^___^*

Posted Image

• Like 1

I always knew people like Nyxxiana existed to steal all our rares and take all of the good luck!

But but but... to make UP for it, i help people find their own rares :) ......ooof course, i AM a rogue, so if they are an outsider there may be a fee involved......ive helped MANY people get their insanity title by farming up all those tedious-to-get-heavy junkboxes..... but ive made quite a bit of gold in the process :) The Price of doing business with Rogues! lol

Oh! totally forgot I have that water mount, another thing i got without looking for it or realising what it was at the time...

I'll start with the unluckiest one first because that's what bothers me so much. Reins of the Fiery Warhorse! Been farming that for a while on two characters, noone of my friends saw it drop either...

Luckiest is probably Reins of the Green Proto-Drake twice in a row, too bad I don't get the cool stuff Posted Image

Edited by meukow

But but but... to make UP for it, i help people find their own rares :) ......ooof course, i AM a rogue, so if they are an outsider there may be a fee involved......ive helped MANY people get their insanity title by farming up all those tedious-to-get-heavy junkboxes..... but ive made quite a bit of gold in the process :) The Price of doing business with Rogues! lol

Shame you aren't on EU servers I need some heavy junk boxes and no one will farm even for 100g per!

Shame you aren't on EU servers I need some heavy junk boxes and no one will farm even for 100g per!

shameful! i was doing them for only 20g per - 50g per

Sadly the other hunter has about a 100% show up rate for raids. Over the past 5 years or so. He also happens to be extremely lucky! He got the mount a few weeks ago, only time we have had it drop. I'm sure in 6 months time it will drop again...

To be honest as much as I want the bow I'd rather have a reliable raider any day :) (however I think he'll overtake my deepees again darn it)

Have to say my luckiest drop has to be my Raven lord.

got it after my 5th attempt :)

worst luck sofar is Baron rivendares mount :(

I swear this mount is gonna kill me soon if i dont get it.

Evenly with the other people, the luckiest drops were, < #AshesOfAlar ! And then the next week i was lead raiding for 3/8 ds hc ! And i got #Blazing drake for 99 roll [the 1st biggest roll] and the 3rd and last was #timeless proto drake !