FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Throne of Thunder Holy Paladin Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Holy Paladins attempting bosses in the Throne of Thunder. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread Posted Image

Table of Contents

Jin'rokh the Breaker

Useful talents:Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Horridon

Tips and Tricks:

• Use spell_paladin_holyprism.jpgHoly Prism on Horridon on cooldown. Thanks to Horridon's large hitbox, it can heal most people in your range.
  • You can use spell_holy_sealofprotection.jpgHand of Protection on the tank to reset their stacks of ability_warrior_shieldbreak.jpgTriple Puncture. Only do this when the boss is charging someone so nobody else dies from aggro.
Links:

Council of Elders

Tips and Tricks:

• Fist of justice allows you to stun every Blessed Loa Spirit and give time for the dps to kill it. The suggested macro is:

/tar Blessed Loa Spirit/use Hammer of Justice
    Just use the macro when you see the boss-mod warning for the Blessed Loa Spirit.
Links:

Tortos

Useful talents:
  • achievement_bg_topdps.jpgBurden of Guilt
  • spell_paladin_holyprism.jpgHoly Prism because you can't stack properly for and Tortos has a very large hitbox so you can hit everything.
Useful glyphs: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks:

• Use spell_paladin_holyprism.jpgHoly Prism on cooldown on Tortos. Thanks to his large hitbox you will hit almost everything.
  • Use achievement_bg_topdps.jpgBurden of Guilt to slow Whirl Turtles when you have a free GCD, for example when you run to a safe zone after 134920, to avoid the falling rocks.
Links:

Megaera

Tips and Tricks:

• Be careful with dispels, especially on melee players.
  • Manage your CDs during the fight, you'll need all of them in the end.
  • Use spell_holy_sealofwisdom.jpgHand of Purity on a tank right before a Breath attack.
  • use spell_paladin_lightshammer.jpgLight's Hammer on every Rampage.
Links:

Ji-Kun

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Durumu the Forgotten

Useful talents: share your thoughts!

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Primordius

Links:

Dark Animus

Links:

Iron Qon

Links:

Twin Consorts

Links:

Lei Shen

Links:

Changelog

• 28 Mar. 2013: Added Shadowelite's advice for Jin'rokh.
  • 23 Mar. 2013: Added Rob's advice for Ji-Kun and Pernell's advice for Tortos. Removed mention of Hand of Purity for Council of Elders, following cremor's report.
  • 14 Mar. 2013: Added psiihosoft and enkeli's tips to the first post.
  • 12 Mar. 2013:Added Luvr's tip about spell_paladin_holyprism.jpgHoly Prism on Council of Elders and Tortos.
  • 08 Mar. 2013: Added riccaforte's tip about using spell_paladin_holyprism.jpgHoly Prism on Horridon.

On the Horridon fight, the Holy Prism talent is invaluable. Because he has such a huge hit box, holy prism will hit just about anyone that's within your healing range.

• Like 1

On the Horridon fight, the Holy Prism talent is invaluable. Because he has such a huge hit box, holy prism will hit just about anyone that's within your healing range.

Thanks a lot! I'm adding it. If you have any further suggestion, make sure that they will be appreciated ^^

Seeing as it is alot of movement on Council of Elders and Tortos im using Holy Prism there aswell

(10man)

CoE: can't stack propperly for Light's Hammer

Tortos: large hitbox so hitting everying and can't stack propperly.

Edited by Luvr
  • Like 1

Seeing as it is alot of movement on Council of Elders and Tortos im using Holy Prism there aswell

(10man)

CoE: can't stack propperly for Light's Hammer

Tortos: large hitbox so hitting everying and can't stack propperly.

Thank you for your tips, I added them to the first post.
  • Like 1

* On the Council of Elders fight very useful talent is Fist of Justice. 30 sec CD making u able to stun every Blessed Loa Spirit and like that give much more "room" and time for your dps to kill it before it reach focused target.

Suggested macro for use it:

/tar boss1

/use Hammer of Justice

Just press macro after u see warning for Spirit spawn...

* On the Council of Elders fight very useful talent is Hand of Purity. 30 sec CD making it very helpful on every Frostbite debuff especially when Malakk is empowered. Use it asap when u see some1 get debuff and like that u give that player and other raid mates 6 sec without hard damage ticks to stack properly for "share" damage.

* On Horridon fight very useful talent is Clemency. If u have some tank class which is stronger on aoe damage and aoe tanking overall, u can use it more offten on adds. Just use Hand of Protection on your Boss Tank for reset his Triple Puncture stacks when 1 of doors are done so he can continue tanking boss for 1 more doors...

Ofc bouble your tank when Boss is charging so no1 else die from aggro Posted Image. Same trick work nice in last phase if u loose 1 of tanks...

Edited by psiihosoft
  • Like 1

Megaera

Useful talents: Hand of Purity, right before the breath (3sec tick)... Light's Hammer on every rampage.

Useful glyphs: Your choice :) !

Tips and Tricks: Be careful with dispels, especially on melles. Try to manage your CDs during the fight. In the and, you'll need use all of them!

• Like 1

* On the Council of Elders fight very useful talent is Fist of Justice. 30 sec CD making u able to stun every Blessed Loa Spirit and like that give much more "room" and time for your dps to kill it before it reach focused target.

Suggested macro for use it:

/tar boss1

/use Hammer of Justice

Just press macro after u see warning for Spirit spawn...

* On the Council of Elders fight very useful talent is Hand of Purity. 30 sec CD making it very helpful on every Frostbite debuff especially when Malakk is empowered. Use it asap when u see some1 get debuff and like that u give that player and other raid mates 6 sec without hard damage ticks to stack properly for "share" damage.

* On Horridon fight very useful talent is Clemency. If u have some tank class which is stronger on aoe damage and aoe tanking overall, u can use it more offten on adds. Just use Hand of Protection on your Boss Tank for reset his Triple Puncture stacks when 1 of doors are done so he can continue tanking boss for 1 more doors...

Ofc bouble your tank when Boss is charging so no1 else die from aggro Posted Image. Same trick work nice in last phase if u loose 1 of tanks...

Megaera

Useful talents: Hand of Purity, right before the breath (3sec tick)... Light's Hammer on every rampage.

Useful glyphs: Your choice Posted Image !

Tips and Tricks: Be careful with dispels, especially on melles. Try to manage your CDs during the fight. In the and, you'll need use all of them!

Thank you both, I edited the top post to reflect your tips.

• Like 1

On Ji-kun - Paladin, all specs:

Useful talent: Speed of Light

Popping this during Downdraft and running towards the boss will keep you effectively from being pushed back. It lasts exactly as long and will give you the same speed boost as the pushback. As a melee it is useful for doing dps meanwhile, for ranged, to not blow off the platform.

Tortos

Recommended Talent: achievement_bg_topdps.jpgBurden of Guilt

Useful for all specs to help slow whirl turtles that may get loose and be whirling around full speed

As Holy, if I have a free GCD I'll slow one when they are released and always slow one after a Crush while running to a safe zone from Rockfall. It helps in a group that might have less slowing abilities available.

spell_holy_sealofwisdom.jpgHand of Purity is very useful for every spell_mage_frostbomb.jpgFrostbite debuff, when Malakk is empowered.

Sadly this is not true anymore. The 70% DoT reduction doesn't work any more, only the 10% reduction part. Quote from the hotfixes on March 19:

Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities.

Logs that confirm this:

Before the hotfix: http://www.worldoflo...ell="Erfrieren"

(27% damage taken, which is 90% * 30%)

After the hotfix: http://www.worldoflo...ell="Erfrieren"

(90% damage taken)

On Ji-kun - Paladin, all specs:

Useful talent: Speed of Light

Popping this during Downdraft and running towards the boss will keep you effectively from being pushed back. It lasts exactly as long and will give you the same speed boost as the pushback. As a melee it is useful for doing dps meanwhile, for ranged, to not blow off the platform.

Tortos

Recommended Talent: achievement_bg_topdps.jpgBurden of Guilt

Useful for all specs to help slow whirl turtles that may get loose and be whirling around full speed

As Holy, if I have a free GCD I'll slow one when they are released and always slow one after a Crush while running to a safe zone from Rockfall. It helps in a group that might have less slowing abilities available.

Sadly this is not true anymore. The 70% DoT reduction doesn't work any more, only the 10% reduction part. Quote from the hotfixes on March 19:

Logs that confirm this:

Before the hotfix: http://www.worldoflo...ell="Erfrieren"

(27% damage taken, which is 90% * 30%)

After the hotfix: http://www.worldoflo...ell="Erfrieren"

(90% damage taken)

Added all that to the guide ;)

The part I quoted is still present in the guide, seems like you only removed it from the "Useful talents" section.

I removed it now, thanks for the tip.

On Jin'rokh, I've been running Holy Avenger and Light's Hammer. Avenger+Wings+DF on Lighting Storm and you wont need any other healer CDs. Also, throw your hammer on the stack point. Your hammer can be used for every one of the Lightning Storms, your Avenger+Wings will be up for every other (I think DF will be up as well.)

• Like 1

On Jin'rokh, I've been running Holy Avenger and Light's Hammer. Avenger+Wings+DF on Lighting Storm and you wont need any other healer CDs. Also, throw your hammer on the stack point. Your hammer can be used for every one of the Lightning Storms, your Avenger+Wings will be up for every other (I think DF will be up as well.)

Thanks, added :)

Hi everyone

First of all, I'm french ! Every uselfull tips on my english will be welcome Posted Image

However, i'd like to share some of my feelings as a pinkboy about this really nice raid. Our " healing " setup consist of Hpal/Discpriest and of course this annoying prot paladin. Every thoughts following come from this 2healers/10man raid perspective. I believe it might work in 25man but it will surely not be as efficient.

General tips : im using beacon glyph when there is a tank rotation going on ( Iron qon or Jinrok ) and divinity on other encounters. Divine plea every fights except Jikun, always room for a well timed 5sec cast. Im using divine purpose only, personnal preference Posted Image

Council of Elders

Tips and tricks : Use hand of sacrifice on your best dps when the adele's rolling guy is empowered. Your mate will just have to mash is button and not care about is life.

Tortos

Useful talents : Clemency. Divin shield the first stomp, prot your mate on the second while the longadebuff is active, prot yourself on the third etc. No stun = you can start healing people to full before the room falls on you.

Megaera

Useful talents : Hand of purity. For cinders and the red head dot on the tank. Quite sure it does not work on breaths.

Holy prism if 3healers, Light Hammer if 2.

Tips and tricks : I found holy prism to be better if youre 3man healing it. Its most likely that with 3 healers the rampage phase will be a big waste of mana in overhealing. Assuming youre using raid cooldown of course. Holy prism is very useful just after a poison bomb.

Boss huge hit box allow you to autoattack him for extra mana. Abuse crusader strike for extra combo pts.

Ji-kun

Useful talents : Hand of purity. Use it on the pools drinkers.

Useful glyphs : more like a not-useful glyph, do not use the Divine plea glyph on this fight. Simply hit plea and speed of light as downdraft strats, nice 9sec free regen with close to zero damage going.

Tips and tricks : If your solohealing the boss plateform, ask for a spot in melee range : huge mana regen + extra combo pts, fairly easy to keep everyone EF'd this way. Absorb will pretty much deal alone with quills.

Durumu the forgotten

Useful talents : Clemency if 1 tank. Unbreakable spirit with 2. If solo tanking it, youll need clemency to help him reset his healing debuff. If not, unbreakable spirit will allow you to use and abuse divine protection during color beams and eye shore phase. DIVINE SHIELD DOES NOT WORK anymore on eye shore Posted Image

Useful glyph : Divine plea. Hit plea when eye shore phase is about to strat, during that sweet 10sec spot with no damage.

Tips and tricks : Boss huge hit box : regen and combo pts for free ! During color beam phase, stay in the blue or yellow beam. Much more easier to heal if you dont have to run around looking for adds. Positionning yourself almost right under the boss let you have all the plateform in healing range. I usually burn all my mana in 1 color phase and then autoattack my way up to full during eye shore phase.

Primordius

Useful talents : Hand of purity. Use it for the volatil pathogen thingie, huge single target dot. Holy prism > LH since the boss is being kited around the room.

Tips and tricks : When every dps is mutated, grab 5 pools for yourself, extra stats for free.

Dark animus

Useful talents : Holy prism. Useful when everyone is tanking and for the huge aoe of the boss.

Tips and tricks : Its most likely that you'll be tanking an add, use it ! Crusader strike on cd and you'll will be able to EF everyone very easily. Im also using my divine-fasterthan-light proc on the beacon target for extra combo pts and extra EF on the raid. With everyone EF'd, absorb will mage this fight very easy and the huge flow of healing for the beacon target will have your tank dancing around in swimsuit.

Iron qon

Useful talents : Unbreakable spirit. No real use of hand of purity since tanks will suffer very little dot damage. Abuse divine protection on every phase with unbreakable spirit.

Holy prism if 3man healing it, LH if 2. Mostly considering the damage going on at the end of the final phase.

Speed of light. Useful to escape the storm-tayak-style phase.

Tips and tricks : Burn all of your mana during the fire phase, you'll have plenty of time during storm/ice phase to get it all back and start final phase in great shape. Just melee the boss during storm/ice phases, no real raid damage to worry about.

Twins consorts

Useful talents : Unbreakable spirit. Useful in day phase and the final phase.

Holy prism. You cant get stacked at anytime in this encounter, no use for LH. However be aware that it might cause you to heal the beast of nightmare target, taking extra dot damage. If youre not feeling confident avoiding this dot or healing it, you might want to consider using hand of purity ( dot is pretty long however )

Tips and tricks : In the final phase when bosses are up, assuming your raid is focusing on Firesister, melee the lunar one for extra regen and combo pts. If she is in the correct spot, you should be able to EF pretty much the world. Keep in mind that your raid is hitting firesister, you should target her with holy prism for maximum efficiency.

Lei shen

Useful talents : Unbreakable spirit. Very important one, Allows you to divine shield a static shock in transition 1 AND in transition 2.

Holy prism over LH. some phases requieres your raid to be spraid, holy prism seems better to me. You'll also be able to heal every pillar switching damage and pretty much every thunderstruck very easily.

Speed of light. Useful to reposition yourself very quickly after each pillar switch and to be quicly back in action at the end of a transition phase.

Thats it for my two cents !

Forgive my terrible english and sorry for the wall of text. Hope you find something useful in all that paladiness !

Cheers !

Edited by Xirlol

For the Sandstorm on Council, we found Clemency for the salvation and protection on the healers invaluable, to avoid the healers picking up aggro during the time it took the living sands to fully emerge. Although there are plenty of other successfuly ways of regathering the threat to the tank.

Ji-Kun
  • Don't use Glyph of Divine Protection - 40% magic damage reduction is more useful for soaking pools than the 20% on Quills Physical damage is
  • Devotion Aura isn't useful for Quills
  • Bubble will clear the stack from soaking pools without giving you the long-term debuff. I was using it to eat 4-5 pools (with unglyphed Divine Protection) and then bubbling, leaving me with no 10% more damage taken buff and the ability to go and soak another 4-5 pools a minute later.
  • Hand of Purity is helpful on the Infected Talons tank debuff