FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Throne of Thunder Enhancement Shaman Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Enhancement Shamans attempting bosses in the Throne of Thunder. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Jin'rohk the Breaker

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Horridon

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

• Enhancement suffers from downtime and target switching so be mindful if you will have to switch your single target focus. Switch to your new target early if your ability_shaman_stormstrike.jpgStormstrike is just coming off CD to ensure you don't lose too much dps. Try to get a good ability_shaman_lavalash.jpgLava Lash off to spread your spell_fire_flameshock.jpgFlame Shock on the adds.

Links:

Council of Elders

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Tortos

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Megaera

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Ji-Kun

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Durumu the Forgotten

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:
Healing glyphs work well here, since surviving is an important aspect of the fight, especially during the maze phases: inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Stream Totem, inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Flame Shock, inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Storm, inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Feral Spirit.

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Primordius

Useful talents:
If your job is primarily to help create red pools for your friends, use passive damage talents: spell_shaman_elementaloath.jpgAncestral Swiftness/ability_shaman_echooftheelements.jpgEcho of the Elements and shaman_talent_unleashedfury.jpgUnleashed Fury.

If you are DPSing boss after you transform, you can go for spell_nature_wispheal.jpgElemental Mastery and shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist (if you have enough Haste)
Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Dark Animus

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks: share your thoughts!

Links:

Iron Qon

Useful talents:
  • ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgAstral Shift is great during Phase One. If you have a melee group taking stacks of spell_fire_volcano.jpgScorched, sometimes an extra stack can be triggered if someone isn't paying perfect attention.
  • ability_shaman_windwalktotem.jpgWindwalk Totem is a good thing to have during Phase 3 to help people who need to move through the trails form ability_deathknight_icygrip.jpgFrozen Blood.
  • If you are assigned to use a healing CD after a tornado storm, ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totem is your friend since you can't really DPS the boss for a few seconds afterwards. Drop your Healing Tide Totem as soon as you get out. If you're not, take ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance and use it as assigned or as your judgement decides until last phase. The extra healing during last phase can be crucial. If your raid lusts during the last minute of the fight, I recommend saving your offensive CDs dump for this and use your Ancestral Guidance during a spell_nature_earthquake.jpgFist Smash at this time as your healing output will be huge. ability_shaman_fortifyingwaters.jpgConductivity is a good choice exclusively for last phase.
  • For DPS talents, the choice comes down to spell_nature_wispheal.jpgElemental Mastery or spell_shaman_elementaloath.jpgAncestral Swiftness and shaman_talent_unleashedfury.jpgUnleashed Fury or shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist. Elemental Mastery and Primal Elementalist give you a ton of burst damage on the 6-minute and 12-minute mark (if you stagger your last set of CDs for Bloodlust).

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:share your thoughts!

Links:

Twin Consorts

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

• The hard part of the fight is when you get to fight both bosses at the same time, at the 6-minute mark. Your raid will probably use Bloodlust at this point. This is a perfect opportunity for spell_nature_wispheal.jpgElemental Mastery and shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist.

Links:

Lei Shen

Useful talents:

Useful glyphs:

Tips and Tricks:

Links:

Changelog

• 28 Mar. 2013: Added Swizzlepants' and Uchoo's tips for all the bosses.
  • 14 Mar. 2013: Added Seria's tips for the first four bosses.

Jin'rokh: Talents should be Elemental Mastery and Primal Elemental (if you have enough haste)/Unleash Fury, also used Conductivity, reasons bellow. Glyphs I suggest using fire elemental so you can use it twice. I also have been using Healing Storm and Healing Stream because we have been two healing this and dropping a 5 MW stacked Healing Rain is awesome.

Horridon: Echo and Primal(you'll see this a lot, but until you get good amounts of haste it isn't worth taking. Check out shaman forums on WoW. Chillbros has an amazing guide there. This is just stuff I use)/Unleashed Fury.Glyphs: Chain Lightning, Fire Nova, and Spirit Walk.

Council: Ancestral Swiftness and Primal/Fury, Conductivity. Glyphs: Spirit Walk, Healing Stream, Healing Storm. My guild had a hard time with this so I was doing a lot of heals in addition to DPS.

Tortos: Downed with: Echo of The Elements, Primal/Fury, Ancestral Guidance. Glyphs: Chain Lightning, Spirit Walk, Healing Stream. Our group had 2 range kill turtles the entire time and melee just switches between killing bats and tortos. So you shouldn't have to worry about turtles too much.

Edit March 20th: Megaera: EM + PE. If you glyph for Fire Elemental then cooldowns sync really nicely for lots of dps burst. Don't use Conductivity use Ancestral Guidance. Provides way WAY more healing during rages since you don't need to use Healing Rain and lower your dps in the process. Healers will thank you when you use it. Hero should be cast either during 6th head or the 5th rage depending on your raid I guess. Also, using Glyph of Healing Stream Totem is really good here since all damage is either Fire or Frost.

That's all I got for now. I'll be back once we clear more.

Edited by Seria
  • Like 1

Jin'rokh: Talents should be Elemental Mastery and Primal Elemental (if you have enough haste)/Unleash Fury, also used Conductivity, reasons bellow. Glyphs I suggest using fire elemental so you can use it twice. I also have been using Healing Storm and Healing Stream because we have been two healing this and dropping a 5 MW stacked Healing Rain is awesome.

Horridon: Echo and Primal(you'll see this a lot, but until you get good amounts of haste it isn't worth taking. Check out shaman forums on WoW. Chillbros has an amazing guide there. This is just stuff I use)/Unleashed Fury.Glyphs: Chain Lightning, Fire Nova, and Spirit Walk.

Council: Ancestral Swiftness and Primal/Fury, Conductivity. Glyphs: Spirit Walk, Healing Stream, Healing Storm. My guild had a hard time with this so I was doing a lot of heals in addition to DPS.

Tortos: Working on atm, but currently: Elemental Mastery, Primal/Fury, Ancestral Guidance. Glyphs: Chain Lightning, Spirit Walk, Healing Stream. This fight sucks if you have a melee heavy group and you are chasing adds. As such, if you have an ele offspec, I might suggest using that instead if your guild has too much melee, cause your dps will suffer. If your guild is fine on ranged and you can stay on boss use Healing Storm instead of Spirit Walk so you can drop 5 Maelstrom Healing Rains.

That's all I got for now. I'll be back once we clear more.

Thank you very much, I added your tips.

• Like 1

allright it's time 4 J-Kwon slayz help from the swizz.

Im assuming those who are reading this have a basic understanding of the fight.

4 starters how your going to want to pick your talent revolves around where ur stupid raid orificers r gunna place you. You can basically be in one of a few types of roles

A: in a nest group who flys around and kills baby chicks(dnt tll peta) and fledglings(kill this frist) grabbs feathers and then burns the boss at like 20-30% or whatever

B: somone who jumps down 2 grab extra feathers who then instead of killing chicks immediately flys back up and uses those feathers to get nutriens 4 big dps!!!!!!!!11

C: just sit on the boss most boring job ever if you are forced 2 do this just tell ur raid 2 fcux off.

ANYWAYS you're going to want to pick up elemental mastery for burst dps because if you're in role A or B your going to be picking up nutrients occasionally and might need the burst for nests given another dps bites the dust and you need to pick up that nub's slack.

Ancestral guidance is nice if you need to get some healing out on a platform while quills are going out and some mobs are still up however healing tide may be picked up for consistency.

For your final meaningful talent you're going to want to go unleashed fury. Now this may change if you do see that you're going to have an opening for the full uptime on BOTH elementals where you would go primal elementalist. this will only happen if your raid has you on role B or C or perhaps some different role that might spring up if your doing 25 man and your raid wants to get funky with it.

our 10 man made 1 group of 2 dps and 1 healer who took care of all of the nests, with dps and tanks grabbing feathers so they could snag nutrients or pop wings for downdrafts.

our 25 man made 6 groups of 3-4 with extras dipping down for feathers and each group taking on compass point on the main platform and it's corresponding high and low platform with one side's upper corresponding platform being the centeral upper platform.

take care to plan out the battle ahead of time for where your breaks and cooldowns will line up in order to decide whether or not you can afford to use primal or unleashed.

• Like 1

also to note on Tostitos® although it is a high movement fight and is currently the wall where a lot of guilds are getting stuck it is almost essential to stun lock the bats so they do not heal themselves to full while your trying to dps them down while cave-ins are occuring, shells are flying fuck knows where and other shit.

SO WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY HERE is that you should require yourself to get the call of the elements talent so you can drop 2 capacitor totems in a row for the 10 second stun lock.

monks, death knights, and others should be helping you stunlock but you can and should be a very important part of dealing with those bat groups.

our ten man ahead group didnt get a chance at this fight so i only know it on 25, we downed him quickly once we got bats under controll.

EDIT: I FORGOT BUT YOU CAN GLYPH CAPACITOR TOTEM IF YOUR TANKS ARE NOOBS WHO MOVE 2 MUCH

Edited by Swizzlepants

bam magera here we go

this is just about as tank and spank as you get, your raid leaders will fill you in on head order but for 25 it's basically leave the green head on the right alone and switch between the blue and red heads on the left as they appear. (edit: untill he's the last head to kill then kill green.)

minimal movement on this fight so primal if you have the haste, unleashed if you dont or if you dont like elementals i dont know whatever dps gap is negligible as you near the twistpoint for mastery/haste. snag guidance as i tried conductivity and it just sucks everywhere this is literally the perfect situation to use conductivity and healing storm healing rain+healing tide/guidance just beat it by a gap that makes my eyes hurt. i like elemental mastery because it goes really well with primal elementalist but if you're using unleashed fury then it's a toss up and ends up going to preference and your ability to manage your cooldowns.

i just want to re-iderate that your going to want to be fooled into using conductivity but remember: it sucks forever and no matter how much i test it it allways sucks and should just be ignored by anyone who isnt a healer or an elemental shaman running challenge modes. halfassed management of guidance or healing tide will allways beat it out. tell your healers to thank me later.

other than that this fight is up to people being able to get out with the frost lines and healers not dispelling firewells in the middle of the raid.

Edited by Swizzlepants
  • Like 1

OKAY DURUMU

ight this fight ONCE YOU HAVE THE MECHANICS DOWN is stand/move and do your full rotation.

The whole thing.

Im serious.

no matter what happens, no matter what beam fixates on you or what beam your assigned to your either going to be facing the middle and attacking the boss or facing the outside and attacking a red fog. Imagine like your on the face of a clock and you're one of the hands, rotating around in one direction or the other, there's no need to run around in circles doing nothing, just keep a cool head and attack, durumu's hitbox is a fucking snorlax.

Once you go into noobcrusher dance you are 100% fine. Just turn your camera to look straight down at your character and continue your rotation as usual get into the melee space and dps away.

Im going to go over a couple glyphs before i get into our talents because i feel they're a bit more important than ususal.

you're going to want all three of your major healing glyphs, healing storm, feral spirits and flame shock.

feral spirits especially because if you pop it close to right off the pull it lines up nicely with dancefloor so you'll have a bit of cushion and you'll be above equilibrium and gaining health so if you get offstep for one second its not the end of the world.

As far as dps talents go pick whatever talents you pick for a fight where you'd have 100% uptime if you're confident so for me that was primal elementalist and elemental mastery, though i'm sure you could fare just as well with unleashed fury and echo. i strongly suggest guidance as well as you can pop it and ascend DURING the first dance but if you're having trouble or you're some nub mouse-clicker than grab tide. less things to click 4 u.

• Like 1

Jin'Rohk: The biggest tip I can give is to un-equip and re-equip your trinkets before the pull so they are on ICD during the first part of the fight, allowing them to proc during Conductive Waters.

Talents: Ancestral Swiftness/Elemental Mastery if you're in the haste ballpark for them, otherwise stick to your EoE. Primal is great with enough haste, otherwise UF. Ancestral Guidance is good to have during a Lightning Storm.

PE/UF, the basic haste vs. Mastery.

Glyphs: Fire Elemental.

Horridon: Enhancement suffers from downtime and target switching so be mindful if you will have to switch your single target focus. Switch to your new target early if your Stormstrike is just coming off CD to ensure you don't lose too much dps. Try to get a good Lava Lash off to spread your Flame Shock on the adds.

Glyphs: Good fight for Fire Nova, Possibly Spirit Walk. Healing Stream Totem.

Talents: If you're going to be dropping lots of Fire Novas, I recommend Echo. It's the only talent that helps Enhancement AoE.

Council: In the role that you will probably fill during this fight (DPS the possessed boss), burst dps on a cooldown isn't as important as stronger sustained dps.

Talents: Ancestral Swiftness or Echo, depending on if you have a strong enough haste.

Unleashed Fury.

Glyphs: If you see yourself getting trapped in Quicksand, using Spirit Walk can be beneficial.

Tortos: Again it's another fight where you are either sitting on one target the whole fight or swapping to cleave bats (with few exceptions). Adjust your spec accordingly.

I recommend Ancestral Guidance for this fight as well. It's a good CD to throw in after a Quake Stomp or to keep your bat tank above the health threshold. Conductivity can be quite good passive healing as well, but people are moving a lot during this fight, making Healing Rain undesirable.

Megaera: For talents, use what will net you the most dps for sitting on a target during a low movement fight.

Beneficial glyphs: Healing Stream totem. I use this glyph in almost every fight from this point on. Shamanistic Rage, allows you to control where you are dropping aoe effects without needing a dispel. Fire Elemental is most likely a dps gain for you as well on this fight.

Talents: Whatever nets you the best dps. I recommend Ancestral Guidance again here. As the rampage damage ramps up into the fight, your healers/raid leaders most likely want burst healing but the matter is subjective.

Ji-Kun: Are you sitting on the boss the entire time? AS/EM and UF/PE. Are you doing platforms? Glyph of Fire Nova, Echo of the Elements and UF/PE.

Useful Glyphs: Healing Stream Totem, Healing Storm, Spirit Walk.

Useful Talents: Which Survivability talent you use is subjective. I like to use Astral Shift paired with Shamanistic Rage to eat a couple of pools back to back (or at the same time).

Durumu:

Useful Talents: A good fight for Stone Bulwark. Ancestral Guidance if you're in the melee group during Disintegration Beam. If you're not doing well, they may put you in the ranged group. In that case you will want to go Healing Tide Totem.

Useful Glyphs: Healing Stream Totem, Healing Storm, Feral Spirit. Using your wolves during Disintegration Beam is a great way to ensure you don't die. Dropping a Healing Rain with 5 stacks of MW is a great option as well.

Primordius: If your job is primarily to help create red pools for your friends, use passive damage talents (Ancestral Swiftness, Unleashed Fury, Echo of the Elements). If you are DPSing boss after you transform, you can go EM and PE if you have enough haste for it.

Useful Glyphs: Healing Stream Totem. I haven't tested if Shamanistic Rage removes positive or negative buffs, but if it does, it can be a good tool to get rid of those negative debuffs.

Dark Animus:

Useful Talents: A good fight for Stone Bulwark. I recommend Ancestral Guidance again as a good burst healing tool after an Interrupting Jolt. As for performance, you want to maximize your dps in a 3 minute period of time. I recommend going EM with PE.

Useful Glyphs: Fire Elemental may net you a few extra seconds of uptime. Healing Storm is great during Phase 1, you can toss Healing Surges around while you tank your add (25m perspective). Feral Spirits can be useful but you're probably not going to use them until you start DPS'ing Dark Animus.

Iron Qon:

Useful Glyphs: Healing Stream Totem! I make all of our Shamans run this glyph for this fight especially. Spirit Walk to help with phase transitions and the tornado phase. Healing Storm is always a good filler glyph, It always has potential uses during a fight. I highly recommend Fire Elemental Totem for this fight. You will most likely start the fight with a bloodlust and bloodlust again near the 11:30 mark of the fight. Creating a timeline of your damage CD's will greatly improve your overall dps during this fight.

Talents: Survivability is subjective and preferential, but I prefer Astral Shift during phase 1. If you have a melee group taking stacks, sometimes an extra stack can be triggered if someone isn't paying perfect attention.

If you are assigned to use a heal CD after a tornado storm, HTT is your friend since you can't really dps the boss for a few seconds afterwards. Drop your HTT as soon as you get out. If you're not, take Ancestral Guidance and use it as assigned or as your judgement decides until last phase. The extra healing during last phase can be crucial. If your raid lusts during the last minute of the fight, I recommend saving your offensive cd dump for this and use your AG during a fist smash at this time as your healing output will be huge. Conductivity is a good choice exclusively for last phase.

Windwalk Totem is a good thing to have during phase 3 to help people who need to move through the ice trails from the spear.

Talents: I recommend EM/AS and PE/UF. EM and PE gives you a ton of burst on the 6m and 12m mark (if you stagger your last set of CD's for bloodlust).

Twin Consorts:

Glyphs: Healing Stream Totem, Fire Elemental.

Talents: EM and PE

2 3 minute phases with 1 boss followed by a very important phase during which you most likely bloodlust @ 6 minutes. Perfect opportunity for EM and PE!

Lei Shen:

Glyphs: Fire Elemental, Healing Stream Totem, Healing Storm.

Talents: Astral Shift for those Static Shocks and Ball Lightnings.

You can pick a lot of burst CD talents here as well. You can drop a Fire Ele and Ascendance at the beginning of each phase. You'll most likely have Elemental Mastery and Feral Spirits back up at that point as well.

• Like 1

also sorry to whoever has to sort through my bullshit book.txt posts but i hope they were helpful

It took me a while, but I finally went through it ;) Thanks for sharing!

Many thanks for this contribution! I added most of your tips.

In two cases, you advised Glyph of Fire Elemental Total, but I'm wondering if it's really that beneficial. The fights are Dark Animus and Iron Qon. Would you mind detailing why you think they should be taken? For Iron Qon, you can up Fire Elemental Totem with Bloodlust better without the glyph.

So glad you guys and gals are doing class specific tips. i love learning the nuances of a fight and doing tricks to better performance. with that being said, i would love to contribute to the list of tips and tricks.

on Counsil of Elders i found using this macro

/tar blessed

/cast Frost Shock

/targetlasttarget

extremely helpful as you can continue dpsing your target, but still provide some much needed crowd control on the loa spirits. We didnt find the shadowed ones an issue, but of course one could be made for that one as well.

Spreading your Flame shocks with lava lash as the whirlturtles come out on Tortos is super nice. you can then fire nova them immediately seeing as they are still clustered. Dropping earthbind makes moving out of the turtles path much more managable. Dropping capicator totem right before quake stomp allows whatever bats may still be up to not attack their tank while he or she is getting healed back up. Be careful not to use it right as all the bats are rounded up. This will make their swing timers the same and the tank will chunk more.

On Ji Kun a well timed healing rain with healing storm glyph and the buff from primal nutriment ends up being a game changer towards the end of the fight.

On Dark Animus I would seriously suggest using the minor glyph of lava lash. I caused a wipe because one of my flame shocks spread to a deactivated golem and my ghost wolves decided they wanted to defend me from said golem. Cleave damage is unnecessary on that fight and that would have saved us from a completely silly wipe.

In general and since primal elementalist has become so popular, remember that your earth ele has reinforce, which reduces damage taken by 20% for as long as the ele is up if you like. This can be really clutch in something like learning maze phase on durumu or getting touch of animus at the end of dark animus. Pretty much any part of a fight where there you will be taking decent damage for an extended period of time.

Also as a good rule of thumb for lvl 60 talents:

use EM for fights where you single target for a length of time.

use Echo if you have to target switch often or for better AoE damage.

I have had mixed success using AS on fights like magaera, jin-rok and ji-kun. Personally I like using EM more. It tends to make my damage better and also i just like the burst more than sustain.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Edited by Klevra

I Glyph FIre Ele for most fights. The reason for this is it lines up with Ascendance and every other Elemental Mastery. You get better trinket uptimes during Fire Ele with Glyph and the glyphed duration is 36s, so your duration during Bloodlust is hardly compromised.

What is considered enough haste to spec primal elementalist? I am not sure when to make switch. I am currently using ancestral swiftness, ancestral guidance, and unleashed fury and my ilvl is 515 with two lfr ToT tier pieces.

Hughthehand , server Draka

What is considered enough haste to spec primal elementalist? I am not sure when to make switch. I am currently using ancestral swiftness, ancestral guidance, and unleashed fury and my ilvl is 515 with two lfr ToT tier pieces.

Hughthehand , server Draka

Please use a separate topic to discuss this. You are likely to get better responses there.