FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
megamo

dk blood transition hc => mm

Hello,

I'm about to start hfc mm and wonder if I should change my enchantments  from multistrike to mastery or even change some items like my zakuun ring to mannorth's one

I wonder if I would gain enough survival from changing my optimization from ms>mastery to mastery>ms for my beginning in mythic 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/Souenryu/simple

PS : sorry if my english is bad

Hello,

I'm about to start hfc mm and wonder if I should change my enchantments  from multistrike to mastery or even change some items like my zakuun ring to mannorth's one

I wonder if I would gain enough survival from changing my optimization from ms>mastery to mastery>ms for my beginning in mythic 

lets see if i can help you out. first thing, your trasmog is glorious :)

as far as stat priorities it depends on what you want to do. for pure survival you want as much mastery as possible. checking your armory it looks like you have everything already enchanted to mastery (sorry but my french is terrible). So, this is fine. In mythic things hit hard so I would recommend staying with pure mastery until you start to get more mythic gear.

Now, once you have some mythic gear and become more comfortable with the damage you are taking. You could then swtich to multistrike and breathe of sindragosa for a more dps focus build. However, this does come at the cost of weakened survivability. It just helps further nuke things down. 

so for now go pure mastery (and bonus armor but you sorta get that by default). once you get more mythic gear you can decide on where to go from ther.

Hello,

lets see if i can help you out. first thing, your trasmog is glorious smile.png

as far as stat priorities it depends on what you want to do. for pure survival you want as much mastery as possible. checking your armory it looks like you have everything already enchanted to mastery (sorry but my french is terrible). So, this is fine. In mythic things hit hard so I would recommend staying with pure mastery until you start to get more mythic gear.

Now, once you have some mythic gear and become more comfortable with the damage you are taking. You could then swtich to multistrike and breathe of sindragosa for a more dps focus build. However, this does come at the cost of weakened survivability. It just helps further nuke things down. 

so for now go pure mastery (and bonus armor but you sorta get that by default). once you get more mythic gear you can decide on where to go from ther.

Hello,

Glad you like the mog and thanks for your answer.

Indeed I've done the 3 first boss in MM this week while being full ms gear and enchant and imo I took way too huge damage so I decided to change my enchant for mastery and some items (like zakuun signet for mannoroth's ring) for the next time. I will change a bit my gear also (getting a bit more mastery and less ms even if I want to keep a decent amount)

I also realized that I couldn't faceroll like in hc anymore and had to stop spamming DS and overheal relying only on bloodshield and now wait to be like 50/60% hp to DS so my healers don't have to focus too much on me (I was top 1 target healed for 3 out of 4 healers cause of that)

I also have another question from what I saw, I've been tanking with pal and monk and when looking at damage received I can take up to 5/8M from auto attacks where pal took 1/2M and monk 3/4M is this because I play DK or cause I play it wrong ? I had no real problem with boss abilities just this

Sorry I forgot to log to show you

Hello,

Hello,

Indeed I've done the 3 first boss in MM this week while being full ms gear and enchant and imo I took way too huge damage so I decided to change my enchant for mastery and some items (like zakuun signet for mannoroth's ring) for the next time. I will change a bit my gear also (getting a bit more mastery and less ms even if I want to keep a decent amount)

I also realized that I couldn't faceroll like in hc anymore and had to stop spamming DS and overheal relying only on bloodshield and now wait to be like 50/60% hp to DS so my healers don't have to focus too much on me (I was top 1 target healed for 3 out of 4 healers cause of that)

I also have another question from what I saw, I've been tanking with pal and monk and when looking at damage received I can take up to 5/8M from auto attacks where pal took 1/2M and monk 3/4M is this because I play DK or cause I play it wrong ? I had no real problem with boss abilities just this

This is because of class differences. So the monk probably had guard up or stoneskin which reduces the physical damage, he also was staggering some of it to a dot so for easy math lets say he was taking 10 damage he would only take 8 up front and the rest goes to a dot he can remove. The pally was using shield of the righteous which reduces incoming physical damage as well. 

So many tanks mitigate damage differently. Pally weakens damage and self heals, bears try to dodge it and self heal, monks reduce it, stagger it, purify it, warriors block it, and dks take it to the face like a man (with big self heals and a barrier)

Hello,

Hello,

This is because of class differences. So the monk probably had guard up or stoneskin which reduces the physical damage, he also was staggering some of it to a dot so for easy math lets say he was taking 10 damage he would only take 8 up front and the rest goes to a dot he can remove. The pally was using shield of the righteous which reduces incoming physical damage as well. 

So many tanks mitigate damage differently. Pally weakens damage and self heals, bears try to dodge it and self heal, monks reduce it, stagger it, purify it, warriors block it, and dks take it to the face like a man (with big self heals and a barrier)

Yeah I thought so, knew about how they mitigate these damage but I was afraid to do something wrong since the amount seemed huge compared to them

Edited by megamo

Hello,

Hello,

Yeah I thought so, knew about how they mitigate these damage but I was afraid to do something wrong since the amount seemed huge compared to them

There are certainly things you can do to help. Blood Dks have many CDs and its about using the right one at the right time. So for just auto attacks consider dropping a defile and standing in it to reduce damage. You also have your bone shield. So, just learning when to what will help out.

The guide here on icy actually have a really nice chart that helps out

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/blood-death-knight-pve-tank-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

its sorta in the middle of the page

Yeah i've read it when I started this toon, actually maybe i'm using boneshield wrong, I use it on cd, maybe I should keep it for a specific moment

I use dancing rune weapon when there is a lot of adds for the parry bonus but the cd is very long

i'm also using rune tap usually when I don't need that much heal and have to dump stacks of rune tap but in mythic I had to use nearly all my runes to DS

Anyway still got things to work on to do better next time so i'll read it again

Edited by megamo