FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Green Fire: Quest Line + Kanrethad strategy

I been having issues with this boss I keep holding off on it a lot & I got my item level up 15 points since I last tryed and still unable to beat him at 491 item level. I keep making noobish errors like forgetting to keep boss on focus on having a issue with the 60 imps and even if I get past them the felhounds really get me off guard half the time if I could learn to kill the felhounds a little faster & watch its cast a little more I could beat this just been a bit of a pain really want to down him due to if I got it it just make the people in my realm that hate me really mad to a point I think they will cry. My prime spec is Demonlogy I been using Destro for the fight which makes it a lot easyer just I have not use the spec since motp came out so really rusty with it any ideas or pointers on how I can get around this & in Demonlogy I get top 3 in my realms world boss raids due to thats mostly the only thing I get a invite to if lucky so my dps is not that bad well my Demonlogy dps is good my Destro not so much

I been having issues with this boss I keep holding off on it a lot & I got my item level up 15 points since I last tryed and still unable to beat him at 491 item level. I keep making noobish errors like forgetting to keep boss on focus on having a issue with the 60 imps and even if I get past them the felhounds really get me off guard half the time if I could learn to kill the felhounds a little faster & watch its cast a little more I could beat this just been a bit of a pain really want to down him due to if I got it it just make the people in my realm that hate me really mad to a point I think they will cry. My prime spec is Demonlogy I been using Destro for the fight which makes it a lot easyer just I have not use the spec since motp came out so really rusty with it any ideas or pointers on how I can get around this & in Demonlogy I get top 3 in my realms world boss raids due to thats mostly the only thing I get a invite to if lucky so my dps is not that bad well my Demonlogy dps is good my Destro not so much

unfortunately it requires a lot of your attention and let's call it micro management :) just like in sc2 managing everything around you just so you won't die while obviously keeping a steady dps on it ... i'm stuck @ 2nd phase of felhunters since they seem to spawn right after a cataclysm and I am not able to be fast enough to position out my enslaved demon away from them and ofc i get insta gibed ... sux to be us i guess :)

I know that SOMEWHERE I saw a Weak Auras string that could be helpful for this. Anyone know where that is, or anyone HAVE one?

Not that I'm saying that you should by any means....but I found that if you have completed Black Temple before doing this solo scenario (I had run someone through for the glaives), you can mount up and head right past the guys during the first phase.

Edited by Maevisten

I had to make an account here just for this. MADE IT after, like, 50 tries or so on ilvl 487 destro warlock. It was actually the first time I even got him below 8m hp, and my heart was pounding like crazy after I got him under 20% and got to spam shadowburn.

The tips found in this thread helped me a lot, couldn't have made it without. Some tips I found very useful:

-Don't save your charge in the beginning. Use it to interrupt Kanrethad's curse cast - you'll give yourself more time before enrage and don't have to use a purification potion or anything. Besides, more charges ---> more DPS. Always try to pre-charge your chaos bolt before charging, unless you're getting a felhunter wave next, for which you'll wanna have lots of embers up.

-Use your demonic gate to LoS chaos bolts, much more secure than SacPacting, and saves you the defensive CD for felhunters. Place your portal rune next to your non-LoS-gate so you can use the gate even when panicking.

-Felhunters were, indeed, the most difficult part of the fight. The final tactic I used for them was not to move my pit lord anywhere safe, but to use SacPact + trinket + Dark Soul before any puppies were up and to start charging chaos bolt on 1st puppy and letting your pit lord charge it, + conflagrate + shadowburn finished it off even with my lousy gear. When the second one comes, immolate + conflagrate + Havoc, then chaos bolt the third one. If your enslave demon has been dispelled, stun everything with shadowfury, use defensive CDs and run away towards your LoS-nest while finishing off the puppies. I used VW sacrifice for the extra hp, didn't really need imp sac. If you manage to re-enslave your demon while puppies are dead, and interrupt cataclysm, you can quickly stabilize the fight again.

-Let pit lord keep aggro off doom guard. Will simplify stuff a lot.

-IMPORTANT! For the second wave of puppies, I banished the doom guard so that I wouldn't get aggro when puppies break my enslave. Other than that, I used the exact same tactic for these puppies as for the first ones. When the banish runs out, the pit lord will still have the aggro off the doom guard! The second doom guard can be handled just the same ---> let pit lord take aggro and ignore it.

-I got the third wave of imps, too, but because I interrupted his curse casts at the beginning, I still had over a minute of the curse left. Drop rain of fire on the imps and spam shadowburn like crazy - he should go down pretty soon that way.

All this has to be done while keeping yourself alive, dots and harmful effects off you, and generally staying on the top of the fight. This has got to be the most difficult thing I've ever done in World of Warcraft since 7 years ago when I first started it. Tons of adrenaline and high heart beat towards the end of the fight, like "I can't be really passing this now, dafuq"-feeling. I swear that I misclicked my trinket because my hands were shaking at the end Posted Image Hopefully this will encourage any not-so-geared warlocks to keep trying despite dying so many times Posted Image.

Edited by Fissio

Ok i am 480 Ilvl with full PVP gear aka Malevolant and some tyranical.I want to ask, am i insane that i want to do this with this gear?? And something else, after a long run i managed to get to stage 9 aka this last boss but i wiped a lot,i turned red so what to do?? I used HS to repair and after that i couldnt enter and i had to do the scenario all over again .Is there any way to avoid this or its the standar way that after you turn red you have to do it all over again?? I thought about using repair bot with engineering,i will try it tonight.

Just had my best try yet, 15% hp, but then curse of ultimate doom killed me. It looks like I may have to use that potion after all. I got to the third wave of imps, its brilliant what he says "Many imps! Handle it!"

Grats to all who have earned it. To those still trying, persistence and mastering each phase is key. Don't try to overwhelm the fight all at once. Master the Imps then master the Felpuppies then master the Doomguard and repeat. I killed him right after 2nd Doomguard with about 110k DPS overall on the fight. I didn't use a potion and the Doom spell killed me during the roleplay after he is defeated. Just take a potion to make it easy. I know the fight seems stressful, but the more stressed you are, the more likely you are to make a mistake. Just relax after each pull and make up for your mistakes.

^ Good advice

I would of killed him by now if I didnt lose my concentration due to how close I was to killing him. Chaos bolts to the face hurt.

Negate Chaos Bolt completely by doing the following:

1) use Gateway on cooldown

2) use Soul Shatter right as he begins summoning the fel pups

I swear to god...was having no luck finding a tome...then today(after having 2 show after a rare kill and another lock getting it last night and early this morning) I've had 2 drop and get them...one off Goda with maybe 2 locks killing him also and Soloing Backbreaker Uru..it dropped again. Man talk about luck. Time to read up on the strat.

Ok, had to register to post a thank you to all the locks (after I thanked God) who have shared videos, especially Lockpower who did it at ilvl 486 (which became a personal challenge to me).

I just got green fire today after work, I have been watching videos since I got the tome 3 days after the patch, and had been attempting until my video card went to crap and had to wait for a new one. I watched a LOT of different strategies, and since my gear is crap, I was still determined to do it when i got up to ilvl 486. I had to prove it to myself that I could do it too by just mastering the mechanics.

For anyone trying this at a very low gear level, I suggest instead of using potion of jade serpent, wait to use the purification potion when you have a minute left on doom. If you use jade serpent potions during the fight it will lock you out of being able to use the purification potion! Save your doomguard for when you are in execute/shadowburn range. Use your demonsoul when you are about to pre-cast chaos bolt and use pitlord to charge stun when the boss goes for cataclysm so you can get the most damage in that small damage boosted window.

I found for my gear lvl abusing the demon gates close together to drop aggro, allowed me to focus on the boss much more and on any summons less (except the felhunters). Also doing this alot causes the boss to SKIP chaos bolts! I had maybe one chaos bolt I had to eat with SacPact.

Of course my kids and wife decided they wanted my attention (son decides now he wants to try to walk again, gg <bad father) just when I started getting the eerie feeling of being in new territory, i.e. past the 3rd wave of imps. I was also excited to see that when I forgot to send my pit lord to his corner to go cry, the boss was summoning more imps instead of a third wave of felhunters! This caused me to get so excited I felt like it was hospital time for me.

I decided now was the time to use the purification potion. I hurried to kill each wave of imps and even had the pitlord to flame breath them rather than attack boss. This was my execute phase as the boss went to do cataclysm, I used my doomguard and cooldowns to burn the boss down while maintaining rain of fire to generate embers for shadowburn, which should be up almost constantly during the whole fight. I averaged 78k dps during the fight, so it can be done!

Oddly, the boss maintained 0 hp for an AWEFULLY HEART-WRENCHINGLY LONG time before the game decided, ok jk you win!

Best moment in WoW in almost 8 yrs! Thanks again to all yall (<yes yall!) fellow locks! Hope blizz never nerfs, but adds epic quests for other classes as epic as this one!

• Like 1

So I'm stubborn and have been trying to complete in Demo (unsuccessfully). I have the mechanics down but I'm just not doing enough damage on him to down him before two complete cycles of adds. Any tips for a demo kill would be appreciated (reforging out of mastery?)

Just wanted to say thanks for the strat. It worked great after I got the potion of purification it only took 3 attempts to kill him and I only have 379 ILvL. Goodluck for all the other locks out there its a great quest lets hope blizzard doesn't nerf it.

• Like 1

Finished it this morning as Demo. Used a purification potion just in case and killed him just after the third round of imps.

This quest line was just what the doctor ordered for my WoW "been-there-done-that" blues. The fight was absolutely epic, so much so that even with several posted strats it was still impossibly difficult to pull off. The sense of satisfaction for having done so is great. Blizz should extend this type of quest line to other classes.