FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Trisketo

What should i play?

Yes, i know, i should play whatever class i enjoy the most, but, i can´t decide between this 3:

-Hunter: I love the stetics and mechanics, but seems to be a plague, can´t fit in raids or guilds cuz they got all the hunters they need.

-Mage: Love the gameplay too, casting spells, awesome, but i cant get the same DPS as my hunter. Lack of gear i guess.

-Warrior: So, the meat grinder by excellence, always in love but never played in HE.

So my question here is, what do you people recommend, besides my joy at playing. Not only for WoD, but with an eye on Legion.

Sorry for my awfull english, not my mothertongue.

PLEASE HALP.

Going Warrior would be a good choice if you want to play tank someday in raiding, Hunter and Mage are pure DPS classes.

There is also a question which spec Mage you want to play. Frost is very nice for PvP and World PvE. Although I like my numbers with Frost Mage in PvE I could maybe do more if I switch to Arcane.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have the same thoughts.

I enjoy my hunter but some of the mechanic switches in legion don't appeal.

I'm juggling round with:

Warlock

Warrior

Druid

Priest

I also have a DK alt 100 so might just role that in legion

Ah man. Well that's a bit of a choice. Personally, I always loved the fantasy of mages, but I could never fall in love with the play style.

Hunter was my second class, and I love their play style. Nothing like running and gunning.

But! Ultimately! I think Imma have to throw my vote in with the warrior crowd. I'm a tad bias, simply because I -love- the in your face, melee play style. Plus warriors are all kinds of mobile with those charges and that heroic leap. And... well... execute... Mmm. Can never go wrong with that button.

• Like 1

If you want to dps you should play hunter/mage.

They all have 3 dps speccs, so one of them will always be good, and there's a good diversity between them, especially in legion where hunters get 3 completely different specs.

But as others have stated if you might want to tank some day, warrior is a good class aswell.

It would be good to also consider which one you would like to play in legion, consider artifacts and spells etc~

What's the latest on execute in Legion?

I may have read/heard it is going ?

Current word on it is that only warriors will have execute.

Any ways, my vote is in with warrior aswell.

It comes down to whether you enjoy melee or range.

Myself, I enjoy melee playstyle (i.e. warrior), especially when I do solo or world content. Abilities like charge, heroic leap, bladestorm and going in Leeroy style gives me a feeling of 'power' when I'm on that toon. Plus, I enjoy tanking as well.

In contrast, when I'm not tanking, I found range to be more enjoyable in raids. This is simply because I can see and enjoy the environment and graphics. Blizz spends so much time in designing a nice boss and sometimes you barely see its toes, yet alone the rest of the environment (think of fights like Archimonde, Ragnaros, Lord Rhyolith, Lord Kazzak, etc).

Overall, I cast my vote in with the warrior.

• Like 1

I like to play melee such as rogue, ret/prot pally's but it all comes down to whether you like too heal/help other's ie: healer. Or if you like pack damage or play defense as a tank it all depends to what you like most. check out this link to help you out although not relevant:http://adf.ly/1Zo0iB

I would give everything you can a try after the pre-patch. Everything will have changed and you may find a new favorite class/spec you didn't even think about. There will be that new try a 100 feature coming in legion.

• Like 1

I would give everything you can a try after the pre-patch. Everything will have changed and you may find a new favorite class/spec you didn't even think about. There will be that new try a 100 feature coming in legion.

This is basically what I'm waiting for. I've been trying out the Alpha, but everything is so badly balanced that you can't really choose. Waiting for the prepatch so I can make a choice.

• Like 1

Warrior coupled with the new swing animations looks great in legion. Not sure how they stack up on dps meters though compared with other classes.

I use to be an altoholic and I had leveled almost every class to max but eventually I found I couldn't be hopping toons all the time and it came down to me needing to pick and stick to one class.

I eventually just made a list with all the classes that I really liked and put it all the pros and cons that I thought each class had for me and how I wanted to enjoy the game and I ended up with the class till today and have not looked back at that choice.

I know its a lame thing to make a list but looking at the classes and what they can offer you and what they can't really puts them into prospective and lets you pick one a lot easier. This is my recommendation since I can't tell you what you like or what pros and cons each class has for you so this is just the best method, I feel, would be.

i really dislike melee dps class, and love to tank or heal.. so my safe net is going classes that can do both or at least 1 of those. But lately ive tried going ranged dps and really enjoyed as well, and spent the last 3 xpac as a ranged dps. and prolly on legion i will remain.

so its all about personal preference, and what class of that role you have more fun to play..

Go Hunter, they look a really brand new class in this expansion also consider that they will be a melee class too ! So you can switch between ranged and melee anytime you want :)

Warrior seems pleasant to play in legion and if you want to change a bit your gameplay you can go in tank spec.

The two other are pure dps even if hunter will have different gameplay style in legion too (survival with hand weapon and the two other always in range).

Mages are really fun, and you can always get in a guild even if they already have mages. Their dps is always high so guilds are always willing to stack them for progression. Plus you cant go wrong with ranged dps, most guilds are melee heavy, at least from my perspective.

Hunter seems like a class that changes most of the time, and with Legion you have the options of ranged and melee. I personally prefer Mage since their spells are colorful, and transmogs are neat.