FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ryoishi

[Arcane](716, 2pc, Class Trink) What am I doing Wrong? Logs included.

Hi guys. While  feel I am doing okay, I know I can be doing better. I have the Arc priority/rotation down, but I am looking for advice on what I can improve to be a more effective member of my raid team. 

RNG hasn't seen fit to bless me with 4pc yet, but I do have two piece, heroic class trink, and I'm fully enchanted and gemmed. 

WCL from our last raid night: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4W1nNzjChAXrxLwq

Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Ry%C3%B6ishi/simple

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: I only got the Edict of Argus that night, if it makes any difference. I did notice a big jump in my dps, particularly on the pull.

Edited by Ryoishi

Took just a really quick look but I can see one huge problem: You don't burn at all. Most of arcane's damage comes during burst so you should get a lot more dps if you start doing it.

Class guide has pretty good section for it so I won't explain how to burn, but pretty much just spam arcane blast until your arcane power runs out and then use evocation back to full mana. Do it everytime you have arcane power up (evocation should always be up soon after it). Also take off your arcane power glyph, it's a dps loss with class trinket. I would also recomend using prismatic crystal and use it every time when starting to burn mana too.

This message is a bit of a mess so if you have something to ask, just ask. Don't feel like rewording this now :P

• Like 1

I feel like such an idiot. 

So, on a pull for example, prepot > Arcane Power > PoM > AB till AP wears off > Evo then AB x4/Missiles/Barrage until AM is up again?

Glyph has been removed, played with a dummy before and after, noticed a slight increase, and I'm sure it'll make a big difference in a raid setting. Also tried the burning, felt a bit weird, but I'll get used to it. 

Thanks for your reply!

if you don't feel comfortable using crystal I think you probably stack charges to full before using AP and probably even with crystal it's the easiest way to do it.

So pull would be pretty much like: about 2 sec to pull use prepot > AB right after potion (just make sure your cast doesn't end before pull) > stack charges to full > if you use crystal use it > Arcane power > just spam blast until Arcane power runs out (and use missiles to PoF proc if you get it) > evo > and then just keep doing conserve rotation until you get arcane power back

Best way to use PoM is to get one more hit to crystal.

• Like 1

Awesome, thank for the follow up. I'll try out crystal, and see how I go. Since it is better damage, it'll be worth me sucking ti up and using it.  My next guild raid is tomorrow (tonight, now) so I'll spend the day on the dummy getting it embedded in muscle memory. 

• Like 1