FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

Trash BiS

I posted something similar in the DK forum, but no bites. So here goes...

In 5.2 the Blood DK BiS weapon is a strength polearm.

Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95498

This is a trash drop. I don't know if any other classes have this situation, but I find it interesting that obtaining this weapon won't be linked to progression....just down to how many trash runs I can make my guild go on with me!

I can't decide if I like this or not.....I guess if I get it in the first couple of weeks from trash, I'll be happy. Otherwise...its just too RNGy. I kind of like saving up my bonus rolls and hoping for a drop from a boss....feels like progression (even though it took me about 15 rolls on the Sha of Fear to get my LFR Axe).

I'm just interested in what you peeps think....

Are you certain it's BiS? We haven't started updated our BiS lists yet, but that would be surprising that a non heroic weapon is best in slot.

According to my findings (google-skills over 9000) this weapon does not drop from trash. It is in fact on the shared-loot table, meaning that it has a small chance to drop from every boss in the instance.

Thanks for the info....I must admit that it didn't make much sense to me.

I guess this is a good thing? I still don't like the fact that its not tied to one boss....hard to farm!

It's sort of a pain being a shared drop. The disadvantage is that it's going to be about a 1% drop, or maybe even less, but you potentially have 12 shots at getting it every week, +3 for all your coin rolls.

You could potentially get your heroic thunderforged absolute best in slot weapon from a coin roll on heroic Jin'Rokh, which is by far the easiest heroic.

Edited by Storm

According to my findings (google-skills over 9000) this weapon does not drop from trash. It is in fact on the shared-loot table, meaning that it has a small chance to drop from every boss in the instance.

Same in my case, inv_staff_2h_zandalari_c_01.jpgDarkwood Spiritstaff (BiS for both Feral and Guardian) is a shared drop from any boss in ToT. I got two of the LFR version in consecutive boss kills (Lei Shen and then joined one in progress and got another off Primordius).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the Blood Death Knights out there, much love!

• By Memerion
      Where are the vendors that sell bladed steelboots? I've been looking for them everywhere to complete this set but am unable to locate them and just end up running around in circles. 

sos someone help me please. 
    • By Dina96
      The way to enhance Frost Death Knight leveling and then update it in the very start and up into the greatest levels in brief phrases? Opt for the very best gift on every level you obtain so as to find out and use best. Look at these Frost Death Knight abilities and highlight the ones that you have to have on your desk whilst trimming the enthusiast.
      Level 56 - Cold Heart. Level 57 - Horn of Winter, Runic Attenuation. Level 58 - pick one of 3 because they have exactly the identical part in leveling: Passing's Reach, Asphyxiate, Blinding Sleet. Level 60 - Frozen Pulse, Froscythe. Level 75 - Wraith Walk. Level 90 - Frostwyrm's Fury, Gathering Storm. Level 100 - Breath of Sindragosa. You are welcome to add some corrections!
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192