FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aquiora

Fire elemental totem + Raid encounter buffs

I was about to write a tip/strategy contribution to one of the guides on this forum, but then it struck me. I haven't been paying attention to whether the raid encounter buffs like standing in pools from Jin'rokh the Breaker would be beneficial to the about-to-be summoned fire elemental. If so I'd like to rise a discussion about whether it would be optimal to be glyphing for shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist and inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem.

The reason for this is because we are basically popping CDs on the first Conductive Water phase then we should have everything ready for heroism on the third conductive water, which is about 3 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

This will result in a huge DPS boost if the buffs were to apply to the Elementals as the Primal Elementalist is patched to be equally good as the other spells in the same tier (if not better)

I was about to write a tip/strategy contribution to one of the guides on this forum, but then it struck me. I haven't been paying attention to whether the raid encounter buffs like standing in pools from Jin'rokh the Breaker would be beneficial to the about-to-be summoned fire elemental. If so I'd like to rise a discussion about whether it would be optimal to be glyphing for shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist and inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem.

The reason for this is because we are basically popping CDs on the first Conductive Water phase then we should have everything ready for heroism on the third conductive water, which is about 3 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

This will result in a huge DPS boost if the buffs were to apply to the Elementals as the Primal Elementalist is patched to be equally good as the other spells in the same tier (if not better)

Primal Elementalist definitely seems the way to go on this fight. I don't think Elemental Blast or Unleashed Fury can surpass the stacking effects of Conductive Water and the +5% damage buff from your Fire Elemental.

Also, if you want to contribute, you can simply drop your ideas in the Throne of Thunder thread for Elemental/Enhancement Shamans, and I would just add them in a nicely formatted way to the opening post ;)

Primal Elementalist definitely seems the way to go on this fight. I don't think Elemental Blast or Unleashed Fury can surpass the stacking effects of Conductive Water and the +5% damage buff from your Fire Elemental.

Also, if you want to contribute, you can simply drop your ideas in the Throne of Thunder thread for Elemental/Enhancement Shamans, and I would just add them in a nicely formatted way to the opening post Posted Image

I would have done that, but without any hard facts its hard to bring up a proper discussion ^^