FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Assumption is correct. Is it really garbage for Affliction though? I thought it would be good.

I think it goes back to where you have this scenario...

Unerring procs and you SB:SS your DoTs. Now they're critting 100% of the time. Then Wushoolay's is at an 8 stack, Tempus Repit procs, and Jade Spirit is live. Affdots reads 130 for Agony, UA, and Corruption indicating an increase in DoT power. Now you override your DoTs with a new SB:SS. All your procs fall off and Affdots reads something abysmal like 20. Now Unerring procs again....you'd have to choose to ignore it. Affliction DoTs don't benefit from Crit in the way Demo and Destro's do where they give you more resources or extra damage mechanics. They just do double damage. If you somehow got Unerring to line up with all those procs, hell yeah, you'd be golden. This happens at the beginning and then like 1/1,000,000 later in the fight. I just think Unerring provides too many complications for Affliction and isn't long enough to be truly beneficial for Destruction. Also remember that your mega DoTs are also capable of critting although at a less percentage, usually around 20% based on reforging. An empowered DoT crit > normal hit guaranteed proc. So the real umph from Unerring gets softened by the other snap-shotting capabilities of other trinkets, namely Wush and Breath.

Wush, however, can be used to snapshot DoTs at some ridiculous amount of spell power. I wasn't looking at my SP, but at a 10 stack, I had some 38,000 Intellect while I normally sit at 18,000. I haven't toyed with this monster trinket with Aff or Destro, but I plan on doing some drunken LFR at some point this weekend as different specs to see what's up. I'm excited beyond belief to fire out a 40k Intellect Chaos Bolt. Perhaps with Unerring up too? I know, too much wishful thinking. I think for Demo you're really going to want Breath or Cha-Ye's for its passive Intellect proc that won't modify your rotation further. Granted, during a proc of either, you could shift into Meta for increased effect, but timing this every time won't be logical nor reasonable to expect. I'm using Wush since the game won't give me Breath or Cha-Ye's. The fact that it's heroic helps a bit, too.

That's a fair assessment.

I love Wush as Destro btw. It's the only RPPM trinket I've been able to snag (rolled it, holla~). But yes, 700k+ Chaos Bolts in the trinket's end times feels good bro.

Assumption is correct. Is it really garbage for Affliction though? I thought it would be good.

I do not consider it to be garbage ... it does proc and more often than thought of and it did for me in execute phases enough time to keep it ... not that I have hydra ofc nor would i still use it if i'd have hydra but i wont say its complete garbage ...

think of it like this, it wont always if not rarely proc along with wush let's say but you can arrange your dots and keep them up both with wush proc AND with unerring's proc ... compared to the talisman of the fail shado-pan assault is a lot better imo, i can see the difference in dps all the way on all bosses and i have it for just a week now

Hey all!

Long time reader first time poster...

Thanks to all for info posted here, taught me a lot. Only been playing wow for about 10 months.

I have run too many LFR but finally got Wush and Breath of Hydra LFR versions.

Should I run a haste build or mastery? Decent geared, but dps varies between raids a lot...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Fik/advanced

Any help appreciated... I want to start raiding normal but guild not doing much now.... May need to change :(

Thanks! Keep up the hard work!

Wush and Breath are pretty much the best trinkets for Affliction. Stack that Haste.

UVLS Dropped at Lei Shen last night on my first kill and a mage fire just need-it.

I hate my core.... full of ppl knowing shit about their class.:(

I'm very sorry to hear that JvChequer.. they don't realize how overpowered we are with that trinket.. it's made for either our class or shadow priests.. no other caster can do what we can with it..

Tell your Fire Mage that he's retarded. Every good Mage I've talked to tells me about how their stuff will never line up for that trinket to be properly used. He just robbed your raid group of a 20-30k DPS increase from one player alone.

Tell your Fire Mage that he's retarded. Every good Mage I've talked to tells me about how their stuff will never line up for that trinket to be properly used. He just robbed your raid group of a 20-30k DPS increase from one player alone.

Our ele shaman are talking about how they want this trinket to use with Flame Shock to reduce the overall CD of Elemental Mastery. It can't be that big of an up can it?

I'm not entirely sure how Elemental Shamans work. Flame Shock tick crits reduce the CD of Elemental Mastery? Honestly, unless every Flame Shock crit tick procs a mini Fire Elemental, it's not better for him than it is for Demonology Warlocks.

EM is a talent now, and it doesn't function like that anymore.

The trinket isn't horrible for anyone, its at most ~2% behind BiS for other specs. Its arguably BiS for ele, very arguably. BiS for shadow, BiS for every lock spec.

Our boomkin said its poor for them. They nerfed it for them on their dots. Idk though. Doesn't mean its still not BIS

For Demonology, I'm really wanting to replace my Heroic Wush with a Heroic Breath, but I'm not sure if it really matters. Breath has a TON of Haste which is awesome, especially considering the amount of Hit on Wush. Plus for fights where I dip back into Affliction, I think that Breath + Unerring or Breath + Wush will be highly competitive. Unerring is pretty good regardless of spec. There's just no question about it for Demonology.

Our boomkin said its poor for them. They nerfed it for them on their dots. Idk though. Doesn't mean its still not BIS

Its 4k behind for balance. ~1.9%.

Now Im confuzzled about the trinkets I should be using as affliction/destro.

I have woosh, breath and tonight got Unerring Vision.

Armory Link

Maybe time to try demo again.....

i saw on the affliction list that heroic + double upgraded LoTC is simming better than the vp trinket from shado-pan assault would like to know if this is accurate. as of last night i recieved the breath of the hydra(FINALLY GOT A NEW TRINK TO DROP!) and using heroic + double upgraded LoTC does give me that 13.7k haste breakpoint(cant reach it without it) + alittle more(14k haste with both haste trinkets). wondering if its better to use both haste trinkets to reach the 13.7k breakpoint will outperform the volatile talisman trink with all that int!

The simulation DPS, which I believe I state in that post, is DPS that is calculated without proper human interjection and snap-shotting of stats. It's based off of purely doing your normal rotation and doing whatever with procs. Theoretically, I would be using Breath + Volatile Talisman. VT gives you 100% uptime on the +1400 Intellect it packs with it as well as giving an 8800 Haste proc. This proc lasts 20 seconds, but as Affliction, you can stretch that to 40+ seconds with almost all of your DoTs and almost a minute with Agony. LotC essentially gives you 100% uptime on 1200 Haste while giving you 30-40% uptime on 3500 Intellect. Doing a little paper-napkin math, you've got this:

LotC: 1200 Haste x 100% uptime + 3500 Intellect x 35% uptime = 1200 Haste + 1200 Intellect

VT: 8800 Haste x 20% uptime + 1400 Intellect x 100% uptime = 1600 Haste + 1400 Intellect

Volatile Talisman is going to be the winner here. Trinkets, aside from Unerring for Demonology, are going to be best prioritized by item level. Breath, Wush, Cha-Ye's, Unerring, and Volatile are going to all be better than the 5.1 trinkets. Enjoy your Breath of the Hydra! Not jealous by any means...

How long do you think UVLS will be BiS for Demonology? Assuming of course that no other trinket in the future gives you a similar proc? I mean, the bazillion wild imps is a massive gamechanger, no?

Also, it's pretty nice that even the LFR version of UVLS still has the 100% crit/4 seconds. Sure it procs less often, but at least the proc itself is exactly the same as the Heroic Thunderforged version.

How long do you think UVLS will be BiS for Demonology? Assuming of course that no other trinket in the future gives you a similar proc? I mean, the bazillion wild imps is a massive gamechanger, no?

Also, it's pretty nice that even the LFR version of UVLS still has the 100% crit/4 seconds. Sure it procs less often, but at least the proc itself is exactly the same as the Heroic Thunderforged version.

If it isn't nerfed, which it inevitably will be, the entirety of tier 16. They also just buffed it via making wild imps scale with haste on the ptr, they really are fucking stupid.

If it isn't nerfed, which it inevitably will be, the entirety of tier 16. They also just buffed it via making wild imps scale with haste on the ptr, they really are fucking stupid.

Where can I find those kind of up-to-date changes?

Wait, what? On the PTR, Imps scale with Haste? Burst is going to be even bigger. It'll make Haste the absolute stat and Imp Swarm non-negligible. Just give me back my 41 talents so I can feel like I THINK I have a choice and not being like other Warlocks...