FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

Looking for a log review please?

Heya,

So I have had some weeks or a month or two of sub practice, just moving into mythics so I was able to upgrade some pieces.

I am a little depressed, lol! Last night on council my dps just, just was horrid, I felt like the worst rogue in game after this. I did a side by side with my fellow rogue and saw that our rotation looked simialr, he landed 30 more backstabs than I did, our other abilities were used almost identical (if I am reading this log correctly) but I came out like 25k less. Our gear is very similar, granted I got friggin reap virtually every time it came out and I had to run but I don't know. 

Would lipsinch, Carrn, whoever else take a peak and let me know what you think?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fakTyWN6Pqzn4hZd#type=damage-done&source=4

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Gunwyvar/advanced

p.s. I did not have the boots on the fight, not that it mattered

You're logged out as Combat, so I can't actually see your gear setup for Sub.

That being said, here's some major differences that I noticed between you two:

1. He has about 5% more activity than you do overall. That means he's pressing buttons 5% more of the time than you are, which is a lot of Backstabs
  2. His Rupture uptime is about 4% better than yours
  3. His SnD uptime is about 8% better than yours
  4. He used 1 more Shadow Dance, 2 more Vanishes, and 2 more Premeditations than you did
  5. He used Preparation twice, you didn't use it at all

If you're looking for a direct comparison, I'd start with those. Number 5 is crucial.

He also does a significantly better opener than you do; I think we talked about this before, but I'll cover it again here.

1. 11 seconds before pull cast Premed
  2. 1 second before pull cast SnD
  3. Immediately before the pull Prepot 
  4. Vanish
  5. SR
  6. Rupture
  7. SD
  8. Ambush

This part of the fight is CRUCIAL for Sub. I cannot stress the importance of getting a proper opener enough. Because of the guaranteed Soul Cap proc, you are missing out on a HUGE portion of your damage. HUGE.

To show this, I'll pull a couple graphs from your logs. The light blue is the Soul Cap buff, all of the bars are the castsvLkeiwK.jpg

Those are yours. You see how all of your casts happen at the end of your proc? You aren't going to benefit from the damage nearly as much as your guildie

xrZuvM7.jpg

Those are his. Notice how all of his cooldowns are used at the start, and he pumps damage into the boss while Soul Cap is up.

Note that he doesn't have a perfect opener, this is just for comparison.

• Like 1

Thank you for the input! Okay so I misunderstand Soul Cap apparently, don't I look stupid lol

To confirm you are saying that prep on cd, 5% better (using that log) on rup and snd and cleaning up the opener will shore it up?

Edited by gonlaz

I can't guarantee that will solve it completely, but it's certainly a good start yes. 

Your first Preparation should be around the 11s mark on that second graph, since there's an open gcd in that space.

Also, I suggest macroing Premed to Ambush for use during the fight since that will help you use it on cd more frequently

• Like 1

You're logged out as Combat, so I can't actually see your gear setup for Sub.

That being said, here's some major differences that I noticed between you two:

1. He has about 5% more activity than you do overall. That means he's pressing buttons 5% more of the time than you are, which is a lot of Backstabs
  2. His Rupture uptime is about 4% better than yours
  3. His SnD uptime is about 8% better than yours
  4. He used 1 more Shadow Dance, 2 more Vanishes, and 2 more Premeditations than you did
  5. He used Preparation twice, you didn't use it at all

If you're looking for a direct comparison, I'd start with those. Number 5 is crucial.

He also does a significantly better opener than you do; I think we talked about this before, but I'll cover it again here.

1. 11 seconds before pull cast Premed
  2. 1 second before pull cast SnD
  3. Immediately before the pull Prepot 
  4. Vanish
  5. SR
  6. Rupture
  7. SD
  8. Ambush

This part of the fight is CRUCIAL for Sub. I cannot stress the importance of getting a proper opener enough. Because of the guaranteed Soul Cap proc, you are missing out on a HUGE portion of your damage. HUGE.

To show this, I'll pull a couple graphs from your logs. The light blue is the Soul Cap buff, all of the bars are the castsvLkeiwK.jpg

Those are yours. You see how all of your casts happen at the end of your proc? You aren't going to benefit from the damage nearly as much as your guildie

xrZuvM7.jpg

Those are his. Notice how all of his cooldowns are used at the start, and he pumps damage into the boss while Soul Cap is up.

Note that he doesn't have a perfect opener, this is just for comparison.

Excuse me if this has nothing to do with this post. But, could you please explain to me how you get these graphs? I'm really interested in digging deep into my own logs and compare myself to others, and I've been looking for something like this that you've done right here.

You just have to fiddle with WCL really. For his example, he went on the 'Buffs' tab, made a graph for his Soul Cap, went back to the 'Casts' tab and merged the Soul Cap graph into his main casts graph, and marked some skills to show up. Then zoomed. :)

It's hard to explain the functionalities of it, there are many. Me myself don't know all the potential of the tool, and all I learned was messing up with it and watching what people tried to do/showed. Try that.

You just have to fiddle with WCL really. For his example, he went on the 'Buffs' tab, made a graph for his Soul Cap, went back to the 'Casts' tab and merged the Soul Cap graph into his main casts graph, and marked some skills to show up. Then zoomed. smile.png

It's hard to explain the functionalities of it, there are many. Me myself don't know all the potential of the tool, and all I learned was messing up with it and watching what people tried to do/showed. Try that.

Thanks you! Found out everything i needed :)