FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Possible Ventrilo/Mumble Chat Time

Thoughts on me setting up a time for me to be available in a Ventrilo or Mumble situation where people can come in and talk Warlocks...perhaps a Monday/Friday evening? Sunday afternoon? Thinking maybe 6-7p (Eastern) on Mondays or Fridays or perhaps a 2-4 type thing on Sunday. Lots of people PM me asking for specific details and rather than me hammering out 5-10 PMs per day, maybe this would be the best option to handle immediate feedback and questions. Let me know if this would be useful/helpful to anyone.

Well, as it is, I already have about 15 other Warlocks spread out across realms on my Real ID asking me all the time little questions. I don't mind them, but sometimes they happen during raid pulls. So I have whispers to my RL explaining who did what wrong, I run my guild's Warlock channel explaining how we can do things better, I have whispers from my fiancee about how to do the new PvP dailies, I have other people in my guild asking about how to play their Warlock alt, etc. I once told a newbie lvl 1 Warlock who came on to thank me for a guide "Love you, lady" which was supposed to go to my girl...yeah, stuff gets clustered.

I'd be nice if we could gather and pick each others' brains once or twice during the week. I could start leaving a Mumble server up and hang out in it so people could reach me that way. Lots of people post on the forums and I don't answer or respond all throughout the evening because I get home, do my daily heroic, daily scenario, achievement hunt, run various mount raids, do my dailies, then raid. Usually from 530 until 12a, I've got something going on, but from 530 until about 8, I could be sitting in a channel accessible to anyone who wanted to talk. Could be fun for me.

Well, as it is, I already have about 15 other Warlocks spread out across realms on my Real ID asking me all the time little questions. I don't mind them, but sometimes they happen during raid pulls. So I have whispers to my RL explaining who did what wrong, I run my guild's Warlock channel explaining how we can do things better, I have whispers from my fiancee about how to do the new PvP dailies, I have other people in my guild asking about how to play their Warlock alt, etc. I once told a newbie lvl 1 Warlock who came on to thank me for a guide "Love you, lady" which was supposed to go to my girl...yeah, stuff gets clustered.

I'd be nice if we could gather and pick each others' brains once or twice during the week. I could start leaving a Mumble server up and hang out in it so people could reach me that way. Lots of people post on the forums and I don't answer or respond all throughout the evening because I get home, do my daily heroic, daily scenario, achievement hunt, run various mount raids, do my dailies, then raid. Usually from 530 until 12a, I've got something going on, but from 530 until about 8, I could be sitting in a channel accessible to anyone who wanted to talk. Could be fun for me.

Talk Warlock to me.

• Like 1

No podcasts. I'm ugly. No one wants to see that crap. Only successful podcasts are girls or endorsed guys who offer free products and crap. I'm happy to do the chat thing...I think I'll test the waters for a couple of weeks and use a public Mumble server for those interested. If enough interest perks up, I'll run a Mumble server.

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I can setup a dedicated Warlock Mumble server on one of my servers in my datacenter.

I'd really like to be able to ask and learn from other peoples questions.

No podcasts. I'm ugly. No one wants to see that crap. Only successful podcasts are girls or endorsed guys who offer free products and crap. I'm happy to do the chat thing...I think I'll test the waters for a couple of weeks and use a public Mumble server for those interested. If enough interest perks up, I'll run a Mumble server.

I've never seen anyone do a podcast wearing a mask. You could be the first! Be a podcast pioneer!!!

Besides, warlocks have a stigma of being creepy, pasty sociopaths so that will work fantastically.

Yeah, but I'm a full-time employed engineer/analyst with a fiancee and contribute to society in a multitude of ways...I can't break the stigma.

I think we wouldn't want you to spread yourself too thin but if you can pull this off,it would help a lot of us that have questions and we can all bounce things off each others heads...great idea!

Besides, warlocks have a stigma of being creepy, pasty sociopaths so that will work fantastically.

I thought this was a mandatory prereq in order to be able to play a warlock in the first place.

I will be hosting a Mumble party tonight while I do my dailies and perform new Simulation numbers with the updating file. I will post the information later tonight around 530p Eastern. This would be a good opportunity for you to learn how to use Simcraft properly as you can follow step by step as I perform the simulations. I'll be in there and available until A.) all the new models are done or B.) I'm too drunk to operate. Option B would likely be around 2am, so feel free to dip in and dip out as you choose.

I will be hosting a Mumble party tonight while I do my dailies and perform new Simulation numbers with the updating file. I will post the information later tonight around 530p Eastern. This would be a good opportunity for you to learn how to use Simcraft properly as you can follow step by step as I perform the simulations. I'll be in there and available until a) all the new models are done or Posted Image I'm too drunk to operate. Option B would likely be around 2am, so feel free to dip in and dip out as you choose.

I'm seeing a possible game from this. 1 shot when curse Blizzard for the 25% nerfs, 2 shots at the end when all arrows point to Affliction/GoSac, and 3 shots if/when you break the simulator.

Edited by Kaboozey

I'm going to get this sorted out. I wasn't available for a long time, but I did have a couple of people that I met with. I send PMs with the info so that it isn't flagged on the internet for people to spam. Also, last weekend I spent a majority of the time simming out new trinkets while farming for my Tome. This weekend I get the lady, so time will be limited, but I'll see what I can do about Saturday evening or something. I'll post in here later this week.

every day you mentioned is my work day.. unless you do it from like 5:30, 6:30-8 (right before my raids) it'd be hard. I'd enjoy to come in and storm ideas about the every changing class called warlocks.

I'm usually doing warlock theorycrafting all day anyway. Yell at me to get in mumble and I'll talk for 5 hours about random shit pertaining to warlocks.

I've done 3 of these. Been really busy with work the past 3 or 4 weeks and will remain that way through June. Work + Heroic Lei Shen and Ra-den progression will limit my time. I try to stay on top of my PMs, but I get so many with questions that are asked and answered in the forums that I mostly just ignore them. I get three types of questions:

1) What's wrong with my DPS? I wrote Warlock guides and a World of Logs guide to help solve that one, so I typically stay away from these questions.

2) Will you do the Green Fire quest for me? I will not, under any circumstances, play your account for you.

3) Should I replace this piece of gear for that piece of gear and change my reforges? People who have been on the forums know the answer to this one.

Most of the Mumble talks I've hosted have been laid back, kinda casual questions like fine tuning specific examples of what to do on certain fights. These talks will be more active as a new patch approaches.

• Like 1

I've done 3 of these. Been really busy with work the past 3 or 4 weeks and will remain that way through June. Work + Heroic Lei Shen and Ra-den progression will limit my time. I try to stay on top of my PMs, but I get so many with questions that are asked and answered in the forums that I mostly just ignore them. I get three types of questions:

1) What's wrong with my DPS? I wrote Warlock guides and a World of Logs guide to help solve that one, so I typically stay away from these questions.

2) Will you do the Green Fire quest for me? I will not, under any circumstances, play your account for you.

3) Should I replace this piece of gear for that piece of gear and change my reforges? People who have been on the forums know the answer to this one.

Most of the Mumble talks I've hosted have been laid back, kinda casual questions like fine tuning specific examples of what to do on certain fights. These talks will be more active as a new patch approaches.

No worries, have a read when you have a minute, I promise it's none of the above Posted Image