FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Largefarva

Which trinket combo?

I've had my lock for several years now (since MC days of vanilla) but basically abandoned him since WoTLK for my DK. About a month ago I decided to level him up for something new again, and fell in love with playing a lock all over again. He's definitely my main again.

Affliction is what I've always enjoyed playing, and I would like to keep it that way. To me it feels more "warlock-like". So therefore right now I'm affliction. Destruction might eventually peak my interest as well.

Right now I'm using Relic of Yu'lon (no upgrades) and was able to replace my engineering trinket last night with normal Light of the Cosmos. I was planning on buying Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, but now I'm not so sure if I would rather spending the VP on the friendly necklace from Shado-Pan Assault.

A link to my profile:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Largefarvá/advanced

My dps isn't where it should be, and I'm sure it's because I just need to refine what I'm doing and will get better as I get more used to playing my lock over time.

So, which of the three trinkets I listed should I use?

Relic of Yu'lon (no upgrades)

Light of the Cosmos (normal)

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

Thanks for your time, and I will greatly appreciate any advice and information you all might have.

One other question.

Why does my armory say I have 16% hit while my character pane says I have exactly 15%? Does the character pane not show the gnome racial of the extra 1% increase due to having a 1h sword? Should I actually be only shooting for 14% on my character pane in-game to get hit capped (as long as I'm using a 1h sword or dagger of course)?

Ok so that was actually 3 questions I suppose... Posted Image

Edited by Largefarva

I just tested them and relic and talisman came out on top for me last night.I had the same question myself. I had to do a bit of reforging. Lowered my mastery some to bring base haste up.

Edited by Cedrin

Thanks for the info on the trinkets. Looks like next week I'll pick up the talisman and keep using my relic. Sucks because I just got Light of the Cosmos last night and it's going to go to waste.

Any insight on my hit question?

Thanks for the info on the trinkets. Looks like next week I'll pick up the talisman and keep using my relic. Sucks because I just got Light of the Cosmos last night and it's going to go to waste.

Any insight on my hit question?

Its just the armory. Make sure you're sitting at 4760 rating as a gnome and you'll be fine.

That's what I was thinking. If I mouse over my hit rating it said 14%, and my expertise said 1% with zero expertise rating. But since then I've upgraded a couple items via LFR in my quest to get one last sigil of wisdom to fill the ever elusive gem in my weapon, and I'm now sitting at 15.24% hit. At least now I have the 2 piece T14 set bonus...which will help with the nerf we got to corruption this week.

Relic of Yulon + Volatile Talisman

Im wondering, why Yulon? I can understand why its good but wouldnt LotC be better for reforging and with a better proc? Even more so if hes affli to get haste caps.

Im wondering, why Yulon? I can understand why its good but wouldnt LotC be better for reforging and with a better proc? Even more so if hes affli to get haste caps.

956 Int > 1056 Haste

And the proc is pretty much the same, also uptime it's pretty much closer from each other, so, the flat int from RoY is the key to the awesomeness of this trinket.

956 Int > 1056 Haste

And the proc is pretty much the same, also uptime it's pretty much closer from each other, so, the flat int from RoY is the key to the awesomeness of this trinket.

Thanks, just switched to RoY from LotC as destruction, improved my dps a lot. The main reason I was wondering is because that haste can be reforged to mastery.