FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Euro 2012

I'm a rugby man myself but seeing as the EU side has plenty of interest in the Euros thought I would make a thread.

Enjoyed watching Denmark beat Holland (been texting my Danish and Dutch guildies most of the day).

Looking forward to Monday when England play France!

For those of you from over the pond in the US its a "football" tournament ;) because they use their feet to kick the ball you see :P

Edited by Peelyon

Even a half time change of hair style for Ronaldo and he couldn't beat Germany :D

Loving it so far, Obviously want an England win but in all reality we have a poor squad and a very distinct lack of desire. Personally I expect Spain to win this tournament if they play as well as I expect them to.

Peelyon, as a non football fan, this would be a good time to explain your avatar... it clearly shows an LFC logo.

Looking forward to Monday .. not just for our first game but as it's my birthday :D

As an American, I really, REALLY hope a campaign starts to rename our "football" game to Handegg.

But I'm sorry, I couldn't hear your football nonsense over the glory that is the Stanley Cup Finals.

These are all sports that share the same root. The real name of what we call Football is "Association Football". Same for Rugby, which is officially called Rugby Football (despite the rules being similar to those of American Football, including the shape of the ball).

Anyway, back on topic. I can't wait for tomorrow's match between France and England, two teams that I'd like to see progress to the quarter finals ;)

Haha Redcross, rugby first! Always found international football a bit boring. After all being a Liverpool fan it's generally:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With Woy Hodgson as "Ing-er-land" manager it's hard to get too excited!!

Looking forward to Spain vs Italy today. I have a man crush on Xabi Alonso.

Posted Image

Croatia playing Ireland today!

Altho we have a really tough group to beat and get to quarter finals (Italy, Spain, Ireland, Croatia)

Sadly I thought football was gone for the summer. I was mistaken.

Going to crawl back into bed and pretend its not real...

• Like 1

It always is. Doesn't mean people won't be watching other countries and talking about it... and the pub will be all full of football... it is at times like this when having mainly male mates does not pay off ;)

being an american female, i have to say, rugby has ALWAYS been one of my favorite sports to watch.....

and american football one of my least....

i think it has to do with the fact that if im going to sit and watch a bunch of well built men run around, chasing each other for a ball, wrestling each other to the ground, and such, id rather see it with the LEAST ammount of clothes on as possible....... :P

Alierya, its how i get through sports seasons.... i pick the sexiest, well built, most athletci handsome droolworthy players, and cheer for them! RAWR! *^___^*

• Like 1

It'll be better for France is Sweden VS Ukraine ends in a draw Posted Image

Am hoping for a 0 - 0 draw from the Ukraine - Sweden game, which it currently is on.

i think it has to do with the fact that if im going to sit and watch a bunch of well built men run around, chasing each other for a ball, wrestling each other to the ground, and such, id rather see it with the LEAST ammount of clothes on as possible....... Posted Image

Alierya, its how i get through sports seasons.... i pick the sexiest, well built, most athletci handsome droolworthy players, and cheer for them! RAWR! *^___^*

I do like where you are coming from with this, alas I'm just not into super muscley men. I tend to get through sporting seasons with copious amounts of alcohol. I also like to choose a team to support, preferably one no one else really cares about. I also like to overhear some guy that comes out with a rediculous statement, and rehash it constantly. As my only comment of any match/game. My favourite was one of my mates 'Did you SEE Ronaldo's face, his heart just wasn't in the game'. Fair enough statement you might think. However I knew where his seat was and there was no chance he could have seen the expression on the guys face. So I kept that as my number one match comment, to be used especially in matches where Ronaldo was not playing.

So maybe I'll jump on team Swe...

Really entertaining match between England and Sweden. Made even better by the fact we won! Only need a daw against the Ukraine to go through now.

Reckon France and England will qualify, can't see Sweden beating France now they are out.

Reckon France and England will qualify, can't see Sweden beating France now they are out.

You never know! In any case, I predict an interesting match between Ukraine and England.

FFS I go jump on the Swe band wagon, even to the extent of WATCHING THE FOOTBALL yesterday and they go lose. Bloomin typical! To those Englishmen too... Gutted. This is why I don't watch the football.

• Like 1

Yes they did! Was never expecting England to top the group. We struggled against Ukraine in a game that they could easily have won - nor was I expecting Sweden to actually end France's unbeaten run of over 22 games.

Still tonight is France's quarter final game versus Spain which will be a very tough game. I will be hoping France can win Spain for the selfish reason of - I think if England somehow actually make the final (only need to beat Italy and Germany ... ONLY!), then I would much rather fancy our chances against France than Spain!