FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Quadstyle

Destruction FB macros

I decided to try and macro fire and brimstone for aoe situations and I am having a little trouble getting exactly what I want. I would like it to be spammable. So, for instance, if I want to cast a FB conflagrate I would like to be able to spam it while casting chaos bolt or some such. I tried the following,

/cast Fire and Brimstone

/cast Conflagrate

but I find that this is not spammable. I have to wait for my previous cast to finish to guarantee the FB goes off. I searched these forums and found a similar macro posted last year that had /use instead of /cast for FB, but I found that has the same problem.

If there are any macro guru's out there that might have a solution the help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps some sort of cast sequence macro? I have never made one of those.

Edited by Quadstyle

I tried similar things...I think the major problem is the game has to 'check' to see if you have at least 1 Ember before putting Fire and Brimstone back up. It also has to wait until Incinerate is done casting. With some practice, you can get really good at timing such a macro, but I just prefer to modify it manually each time. It's usually only important for trash and short bursts of boss fights. My mouse-wheel down turns Fire and Brimstone on, so I just roll my mouse until it activates then do Incinerate, Immolate, or Conflagrate.

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I essentially play with 2 fingers so I try to macro as much as I can to maximize my dps. I was hoping it would help me squeeze out a bit more dps on horridon. Thanks for the response.

I really hate how clunky this feels. Like really, really hate it. Especially when my latency spikes a bit and it doesn't register and I end up casting regular Conflagrates and Immolates. So much rage...