Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hearthstone

4 posts in this topic

Anyone watched the announcement for Heartstone from Blizzard at PAX?

I did, and I was initially skeptical, but after watching the stream until the end, it's definitely a game I'd like to play.

For those who missed it, hearthstone will be a free to play TCG game for Windows/Mac, later to be expanded to mobile devices, starting with the iPad. The game is set in the Warcraft universe.

EDIT: here's the link to the battle.net site: http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

I never really got into card games. I dabbled abit back in high school with "Magic: The Gathering" but that was the extent of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard ties this into WoW somehow just to get people to see the new game. Something like "Collect x amount of cards and receive an exclusive in-game pet for World of Warcraft".

Either way, at this point in time, I highly doubt I'll play the game. I spend too much time playing WoW as it is now lol...

Well, I'm excited! Really excited in fact. I've never played card games, never touched Magic: The Gathering, but this just looked awesome. Actually made me want an iPad for the first time.

I went through a lot of emotions with that announcement.

When I first saw it I thought: "Meh, a card game, not worth all the hype it had." Then I saw the demo of the game they played and I was: "OMG, this looks awesome I want to play now!" Then I started thinking rationally again and I realized it was just a card game.

So in the end, it does look promising, and I'm definitely going to give it a try (could be useful while waiting for those LFR queues) but I don't really expect it to be the game of the century.