FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tangtsu

Help catch up a returning rogue from BC

I quit WoW a few years ago for school but have recently returned. I was a top tier rogue raiding BT and the like but I'm currently trying to catch up on 3 expansions and get into raid shape for MoP. I've been researching, but a few concise answers would help me greatly.

Once I hit 90 (tomorrow night), what should I prioritize? I don't care about vanity items and would like to get back into pvp at some point, just in case some pvp gear is worth getting. A few specifics:

How important are Justice points, and what's the best way to get them?

Tillers farm I've heard is good to do but I'm not clear yet on what the benefits are.

What other factions do I need to work on and in what order? (Also connected, what dailies to do?)

Are there any key / attunement quests (like in BC) that I need to work on, and in what order?

Are the solo events worth doing?

Are there any expenses at 90 I should know about besides the 2.5k to fly in Pandaria?

Are there any notable quests or instances to gear up quickly on?

Are there any specific items or gizmos I should acquire?

Any other advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

Edited by tangtsu

1. You can buy ilvl 458 blues with JP, which are good for momentarily patch up some gearslots you havent yet filled with VP gear or gear from heroics. Heroic gear is 463 and purples are 476 and upwards.

2. As of 5.2 you can do work orders on your Tillers farm (Sunsong Ranch) which award rep with other factions. To do this, you'll have to have tillers at exalted.

Also, at exalted you can buy special seeds to grow, which give you crafting materials to harvest depending on the type of the seed.

3. I'd suggest seeing the factions to grind based on what loot you get your hands on. If you get good gear for a slot, search which faction has that slot in their stores and focus less on that.

The exception to this rule would be the Golden Lotus. You should grind them every day, since Shado-Pan and August Celestials dailies only open up after you've reached Revered with Golden Lotus.

You can also get rep with a faction from one heroic run per day. Open up the rep menu and click on the star next to the faction you wish to gain the rep bonus for.

There's also the Shado-Pan Assault and Kirin-Tor Offensive (Alliance) and Sunreaver Onslaught (Horde) which were added in 5.2. Their quests are located on the Isle of Thunder north from Townlong Steppes. There's a quest in your Pandaria capital which sends you to the isle. The Shado-Pan Assault sells Throne of Thunder level gear for VP (ilvl 522), but you need to raid Throne to get rep with them.

4. I didn't play endgame much druing BC so I don't know about attunement quests (or what they are. Stupid me, i know.) but there is a legendary questline which opens up when you hit 90.

5. As for the instance part. You can queue for LFR for some easy-access epics. These are lower ilvl than their normal mode counterparts, but still very useful until you get better upgrades. The first LFR opens at 460 total ilvl.

I hope these are of some help.

• Like 1